The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Lucy-1995
Yeah but i dont turn 18 till the month before I'll be going to uni so I'll be leaving then! It really is a bitch!:unimpressed:

Ahh! I'm turning 18 right in the middle of summer exams, so I can get a couple of months working in there :colondollar:

Look at retail, you don't get tips, but it's a better wage for most places :h:
Reply 101
Original post by Funtry
Ahh! I'm turning 18 right in the middle of summer exams, so I can get a couple of months working in there :colondollar:

Look at retail, you don't get tips, but it's a better wage for most places :h:

Yeah I might have to! Although the tips can be pretty good and sometimes double my wages!!:biggrin:
Reply 102
Yeah I might have to! Although the tips can be pretty good and sometimes double my wages!!:biggrin:

that's what I wish I got!! People tend to tell me to keep the change but I have to give it to charity, which I know is the moral thing to do but still..

Most people to tip I suppose! Unless you work somewhere like a chain, in which case it may not be so much :rolleyes:
Reply 103
Original post by Funtry
that's what I wish I got!! People tend to tell me to keep the change but I have to give it to charity, which I know is the moral thing to do but still..

Most people to tip I suppose! Unless you work somewhere like a chain, in which case it may not be so much :rolleyes:

Yeah its a one off restaurant, and its literally only old people who go there! They seem to tip quite well!:smile:
Reply 104
Yeah its a one off restaurant, and its literally only old people who go there! They seem to tip quite well!:smile:

Oh so that's good then! Rich old people will always tip well :ahee:
Reply 105
Original post by Funtry
Oh so that's good then! Rich old people will always tip well :ahee:

Yeah!! And they're always like 'I've left it on the table, make sure you keep it all!' Haha
Pounds per hour: £7.75
Hours per week: 37.5
Job position: Receptionist
23 euros per hour
40 per week (I don't get paid overtime, though I work more like 55 hours per week)
Business Development Manager
Holland
Reply 108
Yeah!! And they're always like 'I've left it on the table, make sure you keep it all!' Haha

Ahaha! That sounds good! Kinda jealous now, I just get shouted at for the till breaking again, and get shouted at for not knowing when the next order of pigeon grit is in for. :unimpressed:
Reply 109
Original post by Funtry
Ahaha! That sounds good! Kinda jealous now, I just get shouted at for the till breaking again, and get shouted at for not knowing when the next order of pigeon grit is in for. :unimpressed:

Oh that doesn't sound too good! I hate when people ask questions i just don't know the answer to! Like can i eat this if i have this kind of allergy? - How would I know?! :unimpressed:
Reply 110
Pounds per hours: $30
Hours per week: 38
Job position: Customer Service
City: Melbourne
Reply 111
Oh that doesn't sound too good! I hate when people ask questions i just don't know the answer to! Like can i eat this if i have this kind of allergy? - How would I know?! :unimpressed:

I had that when I worked at a charity cafe :frown: I don't know if your lesser spotted shrew allergy will affect your ability to drink coke ffs. I hate it when people expect me to know everything about every animal in the world too, I'm hardly here writing a zoology dissertation mate. :unimpressed:
Reply 112
Pounds per hour: £6.80 on weekday/£9.90 ish on Sunday
Hours per week: 7.5
Job Position: Work in Waitrose
City: Not in a city but live in Somerset
Approximately 2,84 pounds per hour
Usually (in the winter season at least) 7,5 hours every other week
Job position: cashier at entry, souvenir shop cashier, playground assistant
I work at the Dutch bird park called Avifauna.
Reply 114
Original post by Funtry
I had that when I worked at a charity cafe :frown: I don't know if your lesser spotted shrew allergy will affect your ability to drink coke ffs. I hate it when people expect me to know everything about every animal in the world too, I'm hardly here writing a zoology dissertation mate. :unimpressed:

Haha definitely!! And they ask me how big the portions are, so i try and give them an idea with my hands and the food comes and they're like 'You said this was smaller!!':unimpressed:
Reply 115
Haha definitely!! And they ask me how big the portions are, so i try and give them an idea with my hands and the food comes and they're like 'You said this was smaller!!':unimpressed:

Haha, yeah that wouldn't be fun, I'd sass them back and say "just don't eat it all then, don't moan at me!" :unimpressed:
Pounds per hour: £8.10 plus petrol
Hours per week: 6-12
Job Position: Ecologist
City: Leeds, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Bradford (basically wherever they want me but I have worked at the Leeds and Bristol offices)
Original post by Texan88
24-25 this year, its not exactly easy to get a high paying job when you are a college student with not too much experience in the job world.

Is this in the uk?

If so, that's below the minimum wage...
Reply 118
Original post by Funtry
Haha, yeah that wouldn't be fun, I'd sass them back and say "just don't eat it all then, don't moan at me!" :unimpressed:

Haha yeah! Silly customers:unimpressed: < I'm seriously loving this face!
Reply 119
Haha yeah! Silly customers:unimpressed: < I'm seriously loving this face!

*and annoying :unimpressed:

You should check out this website, it's amazing http://notalwaysright.com/

:unimpressed: is the 2nd best face after :ahee: is why ;D

Latest

Trending

Trending