The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

(Adult) Nursing Selection Day

Hi everyone!

I got a letter a couple of weeks back from City saying that I've been invited to a Selection day although it didn't say the date. Has anyone received their actual date yet?

For students from previous years who've already attended, could anyone give me some info as to what to expect? It'd be really great to have a small idea of the feel and all. I'm super nervous after all since City's my first choice! :biggrin:

I know there's some literacy and numeracy tests in the morning, but how about the interviews? Or between tests?

Anyone else applying to nursing in city?
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RBRo
Hi everyone!

I got a letter a couple of weeks back from City saying that I've been invited to a Selection day although it didn't say the date. Has anyone received their actual date yet?

For students from previous years who've already attended, could anyone give me some info as to what to expect? It'd be really great to have a small idea of the feel and all. I'm super nervous after all since City's my first choice! :biggrin:

I know there's some literacy and numeracy tests in the morning, but how about the interviews? Or between tests?

Anyone else applying to nursing in city?

Hi there I got an invite for City Adult nursing for 29 of Jan. I wasnt aware that there will be additional exercises as well as written language and numeracy tests and an individual interview. Really excited about it though. Im a post graduate applicant. Are you? xx
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LIzzieWoo
Hi there I got an invite for City Adult nursing for 29 of Jan. I wasnt aware that there will be additional exercises as well as written language and numeracy tests and an individual interview. Really excited about it though. Im a post graduate applicant. Are you? xx

I have my invite for the 29th as well. :tongue:
I'm super excited (and nervous).
I'm an undergraduate applicant though I am older than most undergraduates. :biggrin:

Hope to see you there.
Reply 3
Hi there, I feel like I'm butting into your conversation but I'm invited to the selection day on the 29th too (as a post grad). Glad I'm not the only nervous one!
Reply 4
Original post by Caramac
Hi there, I feel like I'm butting into your conversation but I'm invited to the selection day on the 29th too (as a post grad). Glad I'm not the only nervous one!

I know! And it's only two days away now. :eek:
Hope to see you there! Good luck!

:s-smilie: I feel unprepared. Despite all my investigating, I haven't been able to get anyone to give me a mock... so I'm practically going in there without a feel for it.

I can only hope for the best! :biggrin:
Reply 5
One day left! Good luck too. If its meant to be its meant to be I guess. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

Hiya! How did it go today? I was the one with the pink jacket. Group A. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Caramac
One day left! Good luck too. If its meant to be its meant to be I guess. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 8
I'm a post graduate applicant as is lizzy I'm pretty sure. I think it went well all a waiting game now. And yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Caramac
I'm a post graduate applicant as is lizzy I'm pretty sure. I think it went well all a waiting game now. And yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! I think it went alright, I did blank out on a couple of occasions though! Do you recognise me form my picture?

Do you know how may places are available? I forgot to ask!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by RBRo

Did you have a group excercise or were you interviewed individually? How did you find it? xx
Reply 11
Did you have a group excercise or were you interviewed individually? How did you find it? xx

Hi. ^.^

We had a literacy and numeracy test, those who didn't get above 85% on both didn't go onto the second part of the selection day which was an agonizing wait.:eek:

Then we had a group interview of sorts and then we had to answer five questions in a final written test... Which I'm terrified of as we had 70 mins but I managed to finish with like 15 mins to spare so I'm wondering if I missed something. TT^TT
Reply 12
Original post by Caramac

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waiting nervously too. XD
Reply 13
I was gunna ask you that. I forgot to ask how many places there are too. I just asked when we would find out. Just a waiting game now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by RBRo
Hi. ^.^

We had a literacy and numeracy test, those who didn't get above 85% on both didn't go onto the second part of the selection day which was an agonizing wait.:eek:

Then we had a group interview of sorts and then we had to answer five questions in a final written test... Which I'm terrified of as we had 70 mins but I managed to finish with like 15 mins to spare so I'm wondering if I missed something. TT^TT

hi :smile:
I'm going for a selection day for mental health nursing next week and was wondering what kind of questions they asked :smile: wanna get a little prepared so I'm not too nervous :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Cyfoster
hi :smile:
I'm going for a selection day for mental health nursing next week and was wondering what kind of questions they asked :smile: wanna get a little prepared so I'm not too nervous :smile:

I applied for Adult Nursing so I'm not too sure if they'll be the same questions? After all, there were also PgDip applicants in my selection day but I think their interview went differently as well.
Reply 16
Original post by RBRo
I applied for Adult Nursing so I'm not too sure if they'll be the same questions? After all, there were also PgDip applicants in my selection day but I think their interview went differently as well.

Okay, just thought they might be similar but thanks :smile:
Reply 17
I would say same as the undergraduate adult nursing as a guess. So literacy and maths tests. But I don't know what else they did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Caramac
I was gunna ask you that. I forgot to ask how many places there are too. I just asked when we would find out. Just a waiting game now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got an email from them, they said they are expecting around 55 places and waiting confirmation form NHS london.
Best of luck to you, is this your first choice? xx
Reply 19
Oh god am I supposed to get an email or did you send one enquiring? They are my only choice!! Are they your first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending