The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NedSchool
What grade you aiming for? :smile:

A* hopefully! But I don't know if I'll get it as there is a big difference in core science and additional. Wbu? :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Does anyone remember the last question using equations?
The one about 2hours? What was it asking us to do?

Reply 902
Original post by ThatGirlx
Does anyone remember the last question using equations?

I think for the first part you had to calculate the charge- 11x 7200 then for the 2nd part i think it was working out the energy transferred- 230 x 7200 :smile:
Reply 903
How many marks will you get if you only write the answer and units to the equation questions

Original post by Jennym5
I think for the first part you had to calculate the charge- 11x 7200 then for the 2nd part i think it was working out the energy transferred- 230 x 7200 :smile:

11*7200 and 230*79200
A* hopefully! But I don't know if I'll get it as there is a big difference in core science and additional. Wbu? :biggrin:

Yes Additional appears to be a lot easier than Core but I might be wrong and I'll have to wait until March 7th to find out.
Is that when we find out?
Do AQA release the grade boundaries a day before?
:smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
Yes Additional appears to be a lot easier than Core but I might be wrong and I'll have to wait until March 7th to find out.
Original post by SportsFan
Is that when we find out?
Do AQA release the grade boundaries a day before?
:smile:

Grade Boundaries-March 6th
Results-March 7th
11*7200 and 230*79200

Oh thanks!
I done the first part right, but the second part wrong -.-
How many marks was it if you remember?
Original post by tgbyhn
i dropped about 8-10 marks too. only silly mistakes though i knew all the content. that should be at least an A though ?:smile:

Possibly, I'll retake though if I get an A
Oh thanks!
I done the first part right, but the second part wrong -.-
How many marks was it if you remember?

3 marks for the first part and 2 for the second part- the extra mark was for giving the unit (coulombs) for the charge.
3 marks for the first part and 2 for the second part- the extra mark was for giving the unit (coulombs) for the charge.

Oh I think I've got the first question right..
But for the second question, where you had to multiply 230 by 79200 ..
I did 79200 x 230 , but then divided by 120.. Do you reckon I'd still get a mark for 234 x 79200?

Thanks Dalek :smile:
Oh I think I've got the first question right..
But for the second question, where you had to multiply 230 by 79200 ..
I did 79200 x 230 , but then divided by 120.. Do you reckon I'd still get a mark for 234 x 79200?

Thanks Dalek :smile:

Not sure I'd probably say not but having the formula written down, off the sheet would help you get the mark because it would show them that you've just made a silly mistake.Otherwise probably not because I'd imagine out of 2 marks you'd get one for subbing in the correct values and the 2nd for the correct answer.

Yeah I actually agree with you, I think additional is easier than core! But I'm not sure til I get my results. Maybe its just me thinking I've done better this time lool
Last year in the core sciences, I revised more than this time cause I felt they were harder!
Not sure I'd probably say not but having the formula written down, off the sheet would help you get the mark because it would show them that you've just made a silly mistake.Otherwise probably not because I'd imagine out of 2 marks you'd get one for subbing in the correct values and the 2nd for the correct answer.

Yep I did write the formula too. It was E = Q x t right?
Yep I did write the formula too. It was E = Q x t right?

E=VQ energy transferred=potential difference*charge thus 230*79200
If you wrote the incorrect formula then you probably would get no marks from the looks of things.
If you wrote the incorrect formula then you probably would get no marks from the looks of things.

Oops yep that's what I meant. E = V x Q
That was the one given on the formula sheet, my bad, forgot what one I used in the exam
Oops yep that's what I meant. E = V x Q
That was the one given on the formula sheet, my bad, forgot what one I used in the exam

I wrote W = V x Q since W is work done which means energy transferred. Would I get the mark?

I wrote W = V x Q since W is work done which means energy transferred. Would I get the mark?
Original post by shibucool

I think so because the formula sheet had V=W/Q and E=VQ and E=W anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending