The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Original post by Malevolent
2 out of 14 this season and both have been crappy around 14 pound win. Some people say its easy but i don't see how it is its been incredibly difficult. One of my mates lost out on a 127 pound accumalator by one game the Buccs Saints game when it went right down to the wire and the Buccanneers had a touchdown chance right at the end only for it to be ruled originally pushed out of bounds. He called me screaming thinking he had won only for the refs to end that hope D:

I lost one on this... replacement-refs-green-bay-seattle (1).jpg

the replacement refs really didn't help either at the start of the season.
Original post by Wattsy
I lost one on this... replacement-refs-green-bay-seattle (1).jpg

the replacement refs really didn't help either at the start of the season.

Man i feel for you. Replacement refs thank christ that stuff was over.
Reply 5142
Man i feel for you. Replacement refs thank christ that stuff was over.

The only good thing to come out of it was TJ Lang's tweet of the year.
I would give my left nut for the Patriots to get Revis...
Original post by Wattsy
Just as long as he doesn't wear the kit in the light of day then.

Oh dear. I'm a proud Dolphins fan. I don't think colours are what matters. :s-smilie: That's a pretty fruity way of looking at things. Each to their own.
Original post by The Egg Militia
Oh dear. I'm a proud Dolphins fan. I don't think colours are what matters. :s-smilie: That's a pretty fruity way of looking at things. Each to their own.

I don't mind the Dolphins colour scheme even if they are division rivals :wink:
[video="youtube;i6PQ09oTu-4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i6PQ09oTu-4[/video]

Jeffs Demps as a kick returner :drool:
Reply 5147
Original post by The Egg Militia

It wouldn't if you had an affinity with that team, I didn't so I figured the one I chose to support if any may as well have a colour scheme that doesn't look like it's come out of an LSD trip.
Christ i feel absolutely bruised, tried out as a slot receiver and kick/punt returner and got hammered a few times :laugh:
Christ i feel absolutely bruised, tried out as a slot receiver and kick/punt returner and got hammered a few times :laugh:

Sweet, I've always wanted to give American Football a try but never had the chance. Did you try out for Uni team?

Anyone bothering to watch the Pro Bowl tonight? I'm gonna record it and watch tomorrow. Despite the concept of the season's best performers playing on the same field, I've heard it's not great; players not hitting hard etc so I'm not too bothered.
I shan't be watching the Pro Bowl. It's just one big joke of a game. Even more so since it was moved to the week before the Super Bowl.
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sweet, I've always wanted to give American Football a try but never had the chance. Did you try out for Uni team?

Anyone bothering to watch the Pro Bowl tonight? I'm gonna record it and watch tomorrow. Despite the concept of the season's best performers playing on the same field, I've heard it's not great; players not hitting hard etc so I'm not too bothered.

Nope South Wales Warriors, was pretty bruising haha. Got creamed by one of their Linebackers i think it was...

5 ft 6 vs 6 ft 4/5 equals boom. :angelwings:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5152
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK

It is unwatchable IMO no one even tries its just a massive waste of time
Original post by alexsong
It is unwatchable IMO no one even tries its just a massive waste of time

Agree its just plain crap. NFL needs to get rid of it or replace it with something actually worth watching.
Reply 5154
Agree its just plain crap. NFL needs to get rid of it or replace it with something actually worth watching.

From what I know the main reason it hasn't got cancelled is because the players get paid for it so they don't wanna lose the money, they could just name the teams and give out cash bonuses without bothering to actually play though
Reply 5155
Just out of interest; who do Steelers fans want to win the Super Bowl?
If it's the 49ers, you'll no longer be the only team with 6 rings. On the other hand though, I find it very hard to imagine you'll be cheering on the Ravens.
I think its the 49ers they want or at least the ones i know want the 49ers to win it.
Original post by alexsong
From what I know the main reason it hasn't got cancelled is because the players get paid for it so they don't wanna lose the money, they could just name the teams and give out cash bonuses without bothering to actually play though

So instead of not watching any football the Sunday before the superbowl you could still not watch any football the Sunday before the superbowl?

Sounds like a real improvement.
Boston news writer with a story saying Bye Bye Brady that the Patriots should trade Brady while we can still get value for him. Pretty intriguing idea...
Reply 5159
Tampa boiz showed up in the pro-bowl. Great effort.

Latest