The Student Room Group

F582 - January 2013 - Question Spotting

What essay question do you think has a high chance of coming up in the F582 January 2013 paper.
Potential 18 Marks to pocket, if we are prepared.
??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SoapInMyEyes
What essay question do you think has a high chance of coming up in the F582 January 2013 paper.
Potential 18 Marks to pocket, if we are prepared.
??

I'm also taking this exam, last year it was heavily based on inflation and supply side policies..so I'm guessing that won't come up a lot this year, Monetary policy and Fiscal may come up in the essay questions..
For example 'Discuss the impacts of a rise in the rate of interest on Aggregate Demand' For the past months I've just done all the f582 papers from the beginning an reading mark schemes..right now I'm just briefing notes and doing chapter review questions in relation to the Economics OCR textbook.
Reply 2
Original post by eawilliams
I'm also taking this exam, last year it was heavily based on inflation and supply side policies..so I'm guessing that won't come up a lot this year, Monetary policy and Fiscal may come up in the essay questions..
For example 'Discuss the impacts of a rise in the rate of interest on Aggregate Demand' For the past months I've just done all the f582 papers from the beginning an reading mark schemes..right now I'm just briefing notes and doing chapter review questions in relation to the Economics OCR textbook.

hi do you happen to have the june 2012 paper?
Reply 3
Yes I have a good feeling a Monetary Policy Q's will come up for an 18 marker.
Reply 4
My teacher said the 18 mark question with 'unemployment' is likely to come up as it hasn't for the last few years.

Possible question: How does expansionary monetary/fiscal policy affect employment in an economy?
Reply 5
Hmmm, yeah. Thanks.
Monetary policies, taxation, ROI, demand pull inflation and unemployment
spend last 3 hours going through past papers, making predictions
strong risk to choose one with so little time
Reply 7
:bhangra:

What would you suggest to extensively revise considering the the lateness, just that i need 100 ums in this and almost know book back to front
i am doing an all nighter, makes more sense imo then resting if you hardly know anything , 30 mins sleep before exam is enough srs
Reply 9
anyone on here...? just wondering if you think measures of inflation could come up
Reply 10
Original post by EspanaShaq
anyone on here...? just wondering if you think measures of inflation could come up

Potentially could come up for the 18 marker im going for monetary/fiscal polcy in influencing unemployment
Reply 11
The 18 marker...kill me now :frown:
Reply 12
What was everyone answers to the calculations?
i had 10m for trade with India
value of pound fell
12% inflation
Reply 13
Reply 14
The 18 marker was awful!
Reply 15
18 marker was such a pain in the ass:angry:
I came up with these evaluative points however:
-depends on how much the AS has reduced by
-depends upon the initial position of AS in relation to AD
-depends on the cause

I thought the short questions were quite difficult too compared to the previous ones :frown: hoping for low boundaries
Reply 16
What did everyone put for how inflation is measured in the UK?
I babbled on about the CPI and how everything is calculated
Reply 17
I put problems such as
CA deficit
Unemployment therefore lower tax, output
Inflation
Recession

L4
I did pretty much the same as above
Depends on position of AD
Depends whether it affects other countries therefore no ca deficit
Could be beneficial if large output gap as it makes it easier to achieve inflation target

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
Calculations?

Think i put it appreciated :s-smilie:
Reply 19
I put something like 1.12% inflation and -$190(roughly)m
and that it depreciated

Quick Reply

Latest