The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Economics - F585 Global Economy - Case Study Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by harryembleton
Do you have a PDF of the APT? I have all of it but have lost the mock paper which is very annoying!!

The mock paper q is a page back. And sorry dont have the pdf ver only a hard coppy teacher gave me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bad8oy
Loss of national identity, negative external aligned eg: environmental impacts, people being employed may not last long because of technology basically might get structural unemployment, balance of payments changes may not be as positive as you think, domestic firms may struggle due to increase in competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? As your first point on an Economics exam? This isn't sociology
Reply 102
Original post by bad8oy
half of them are bull lol

Hahaaa coudnt agree with that more lol thats why i think these guides are **** lol just need mock papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by Incorrect.
Really? As your first point on an Economics exam? This isn't sociology

im just listing points for him not writing the essay....and it WILL get you a mark.
Reply 104
Original post by bad8oy
im just listing points for him not writing the essay....and it WILL get you a mark.

It will because the depletion of natural resources means that future generations will suffer (productive capacity, etc... All that jazz you can find in the textbook)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
Original post by belle11
It will because the depletion of natural resources means that future generations will suffer (productive capacity, etc... All that jazz you can find in the textbook)

Posted from TSR Mobile

kind of yeah but thats more to do with consequences of rapid economic growth.....economics is just repetition everywhere though lol. You dont actually need to know that much to get an A just understand it :smile:
theres actually a summary of all the main concepts that you should learn in the tutor2u guide, it uses the case study, the APT its pretty good aswell,
the monetary union seems to be a big topic in there though
Reply 107
hows it going guys???
Reply 108
Original post by Mamataj
hows it going guys???

****. Feel not enoigh practice since no past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by king101
****. Feel not enoigh practice since no past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have to agree, lack of past papers is killing me in the revision section- you can learn so much from them it's ridiculous.
Reply 110
Original post by belle11
Have to agree, lack of past papers is killing me in the revision section- you can learn so much from them it's ridiculous.

Yep any idea on 10 markers? Also if a question says analyse have you gotta draw a diagram?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
Original post by king101
Yep any idea on 10 markers? Also if a question says analyse have you gotta draw a diagram?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to draw a diagram just helps explain things :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Original post by bad8oy
You don't have to draw a diagram just helps explain things :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Was lookin at grade bounderies and their high! 45 for an A same as unit 1 wtf lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by king101
Was lookin at grade bounderies and their high! 45 for an A same as unit 1 wtf lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah aha :tongue: was looking at that yesterday as well. I really want A* but doubt ill get it :frown:. The case study thing makes it all the lot harder.
Reply 115
Original post by MuzzyDaud
Hey guys.

Just a quick question. Are we all set on agreeing that the most likely 20 marker is going to be about FDI and their impact on developing countries? If not, which other ones are possibilities. I'm getting told by my teacher that extract 5's ending shows that FDI is a home-banker.

Also, which 10-marker do you think is most likely to come up.

Thanks.

What's home-banker? lol. Yeah I think its FDI promoting economic development. Unsure about the two 10 markers hmm maybe Comment about Greece leaving EU most likley
What do you think?
Reply 116
You don't have to do a diagram for the last question do you?
Reply 117
Original post by Scorpiaz
You don't have to do a diagram for the last question do you?

U dont have to for any question unless is says

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
not looking forward to it at all. I want it over and done with
Original post by Mamataj
not looking forward to it at all. I want it over and done with

same here, I really want a high A but I dont even know if I can scrape a B for this ):

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending