The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck guys. Nowhere near ready for this exam . Focused too much on c3 :rolleyes:
Original post by firebolt
I don't get where you got 10g-50cos30 from, the worked answers only say its 50cos30.

Do you mean 5iii, No when it's in equilibrium it means the acceleration is 0 so then:
Reaction Force + Vertical component of Tension = Weight

Ok, thanks.
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Good luck guys. Nowhere near ready for this exam . Focused too much on c3 :rolleyes:

Did exactly the same :mad: You too.
Reply 23
So easy, nothing on it required much thought
I did it last year. You do it only after core 1? You haven't even done calculus yet.

No i'm doig my a2 now.. So we did C3 and M1 now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jm1857

I thought it was really really hard.. Feel like i am probably gonna fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? If not maybe answers to some of the questions on today's exam?
fairly confident of full raw mark but definitely full ums. EASYYYYYY
Reply 28
This was extremely hard
Reply 29
Original post by Jm1857

Original post by GottaRevise
I thought it was really really hard.. Feel like i am probably gonna fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Couldridge
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? If not maybe answers to some of the questions on today's exam?

Original post by David 2inch nob
fairly confident of full raw mark but definitely full ums. EASYYYYYY

Original post by Sam_94
This was extremely hard

How did you guys do the very last question? Did you get 30 and 40 for the Tensions in one of the parts of question 7?
And why was the resultant force on the car not in the direction of acceleration?
Also was the resistance shown on the car in the opposing direction or in the direction of the arrow? that confused me.
Reply 31
I didn't think it was that bad, thought it went pretty well, only a few tricky bits. Everyone I asked after though thought it was horrible though
Reply 32
Original post by thegreenchildren
How did you guys do the very last question? Did you get 30 and 40 for the Tensions in one of the parts of question 7?
And why was the resultant force on the car not in the direction of acceleration?
Also was the resistance shown on the car in the opposing direction or in the direction of the arrow? that confused me.

I thought 7 was alright. I got 30 and 40.
They were at different angles to L and different forces so there was an extra force going sideways?
I thought resistance is always opposing motion so in the opposing direction.

for the car one, the vertical components of their pushes against the car are not equal, therefore will not cancel each other out to give 0 vertical movement, therefore this is a vertical movement, so the car wont travel horizontally.

Also, for the VERY VERY last part of the last question, about the strings being 0.5m, and 2.3m, did you guys think that the 2.3m would be slack, and the tension in the 0.5m would be 50N?
Reply 34
Section A was fine and the first question of Section B, just the tension question i found hard :/
Found the examm ok. last question was poorly worded. But otherwise I think I've lost min 5 marks, max 20 :smile: Hopefully an A

I got 30 and 40. Noone else in my maths class did, thank god there's soeone else out there! :awesome:

On the last question, apparently the 2.3m string was slack a dn had 0 Tension so in order for it to be in equilibrium, the 0.5m string held it with 50N of Tension.

Would have got that if they said they kept them fixed at the same points. Did anyone else noice the amazing scissors MEI have that can "cut" a length of string from 1.6m to 2.3m? :colone: MEi trollin' again!
Reply 37
Original post by AspiringGenius
Found the examm ok. last question was poorly worded. But otherwise I think I've lost min 5 marks, max 20 :smile: Hopefully an A

I think ive lost about 20 so fingers crossed :smile: good luck :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by lmaoyoudied
for the car one, the vertical components of their pushes against the car are not equal, therefore will not cancel each other out to give 0 vertical movement, therefore this is a vertical movement, so the car wont travel horizontally.

Also, for the VERY VERY last part of the last question, about the strings being 0.5m, and 2.3m, did you guys think that the 2.3m would be slack, and the tension in the 0.5m would be 50N?

I didn't put that last bit :/ I said about A and B being a different distance apart and found the angles for that? I'm probably wrong.
I didn't think it was that bad, thought it went pretty well, only a few tricky bits. Everyone I asked after though thought it was horrible though

Original post by hernwood
Section A was fine and the first question of Section B, just the tension question i found hard :/

Same, I thought the tensions question was very hard. Were we required to use force triangles?

Original post by lmaoyoudied

Oh my god! That's so clever! I had no idea. And what is slack? We never got told about this :frown:

Just checking, isn't a B the highest you can get if you lose 20 marks as the grade boundaries have never been lower than 54 and this was only one occasion.

I got 30 and 40. Noone else in my maths class did, thank god there's soeone else out there! :awesome:

On the last question, apparently the 2.3m string was slack a dn had 0 Tension so in order for it to be in equilibrium, the 0.5m string held it with 50N of Tension.

Would have got that if they said they kept them fixed at the same points. Did anyone else noice the amazing scissors MEI have that can "cut" a length of string from 1.6m to 2.3m? :colone: MEi trollin' again!

No I didn't notice this :frown: And again, what's slack?

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like this year and how do people think this one compared to the others?
Most people I spoke to at school afterwards said they didn't finish it :/
I thought it was a harder than the past papers (mainly the last question) so hopefully the grade boundaries are not too high.

Latest

Trending

Trending