The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samiz20891
Manchester United v Reading, in fa cup, decent draw.

Original post by DH1'
Great draw. Avoided Arsenal and City. Home tie too, looking forward to it.

Original post by VQG
Reading - happy with that. Another premier league team though.

It is the worst ****ing draw imaginable out of that lot. Tedious, predictable, 'Lindegard at right-back' fare. Bore the **** off.
Reply 861
Original post by sebas_back
It is the worst ****ing draw imaginable out of that lot. Tedious, predictable, 'Lindegard at right-back' fare. Bore the **** off.

That.. doesn't really make sense.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Good thing about Reading is they aren't a massive side, smaller squad. They are in the relegation zone. You have to ask what kind of a squad they are going to put out, is it worth getting a key player injured to probably still lose to United or keep them for the league and give themselves the best chance of beating the drop. I doubt we will be seeing the first XI of a barely PL side.

They netted five against an almost full strength Arsenal team.

But then again, Arsenal :facepalm: aren't a fine example of a good defending team.

Don't think this is an easy game, no FA cup games are easy.
FUNNIEST THING EVER....MAN UTD FAN PRETENDING TO BE A LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER ON BBC 5 LIVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=u6h9dXzsVu8&feature=youtu.be&nomobile=1
Original post by Tommyjw
That.. doesn't really make sense.

I (think....) he is basically saying it's gonna be a **** match...:colondollar:
Reply 865
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
FUNNIEST THING EVER....MAN UTD FAN PRETENDING TO BE A LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER ON BBC 5 LIVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=u6h9dXzsVu8&feature=youtu.be&nomobile=1

Hahaha, epic!
LOL! Jokes.
Reply 867
Real Madrid seem to have picked up form at just the wrong time, 5-0 and 4-0 wins in the league and won a tough cup tie (with 10 men for 70 mins and 9 for 10 minutes). Still fancy our chances though, will definitely be a couple of good games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is brilliant :laugh:
Reply 869

:coma:
Original post by Brainiac
Real Madrid seem to have picked up form at just the wrong time, 5-0 and 4-0 wins in the league and won a tough cup tie (with 10 men for 70 mins and 9 for 10 minutes). Still fancy our chances though, will definitely be a couple of good games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our form hasn't been poor tho has it? :wink:
I think casilas will be a big miss for them. I can see us putting a couple of goals past their reserve goal keeper. They have a big cup game against Barca before they face up for both legs i believe. Only a couple more weeks! :biggrin:
Reply 871
Something about this, no matter how small and subtle, is just great

:lol:

Loving it!
The goalkeeper won't be a problem, they're buying diego lopez from sevilla, he's a castilla product like casillas and used to play for the villareal side that were constantly in the top 4 under pellegrini.
Original post by jam277
The goalkeeper won't be a problem, they're buying diego lopez from sevilla, he's a castilla product like casillas and used to play for the villareal side that were constantly in the top 4 under pellegrini.

Agreed Lopez was a very good signing for Madrid. May not be Casillas but only maybe 2 other keepers are on his level.
Original post by Malevolent
Agreed Lopez was a very good signing for Madrid. May not be Casillas but only maybe 2 other keepers are on his level.

Yeah, smart signing for madrid as well. He has 'madrid DNA' as well. :colonhash:
Would say lopez is in the top 6 keepers in la liga. Just below valdes I'd say.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Yeah, smart signing for madrid as well. He has 'madrid DNA' as well. :colonhash:
Would say lopez is in the top 6 keepers in la liga. Just below valdes I'd say.

Lol giving Valdes a little too much credit. Would agree Lopez is around 5 or 6 best keeper in La Liga. Valdes isn't even top 10 :laugh:
Agreed, I really really don't rate Valdes. He's a keeper who is in the side for having good feet, not being a good goalkeeper. He's exceptional with his passing and such, average at best for his actual standard of goalkeeping.
Agreed, I really really don't rate Valdes. He's a keeper who is in the side for having good feet, not being a good goalkeeper. He's exceptional with his passing and such, average at best for his actual standard of goalkeeping.

Even his passing is overrated. He screws up passing quite often and my oh my does he like to do it against Madrid...

Latest