The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Even his passing is overrated. He screws up passing quite often and my oh my does he like to do it against Madrid...

Waiting for his mental brain fart on wednesday. I might put in a bet for 2-1 madrid.
Original post by jam277
Waiting for his mental brain fart on wednesday. I might put in a bet for 2-1 madrid.

Im confident we will tear them to shreds.
Even his passing is overrated. He screws up passing quite often and my oh my does he like to do it against Madrid...
I mean for a keeper he is unusually comfortable with his feet, part of the whole passing from the back thing. If you muck up it generally goes very wrong but most keepers simply don't have the technical ability to play anything like that. De Gea is good with his feet and his passing too, but he often mucks that up.

Who do you think will replace him at Barca when he leaves? Bit too early for my De Gea to Barca prediction.

Didn't realise the two were playing this week. Will probably watch that, what time is in on?
Original post by doggyfizzel
I mean for a keeper he is unusually comfortable with his feet, part of the whole passing from the back thing. If you muck up it generally goes very wrong but most keepers simply don't have the technical ability to play anything like that. De Gea is good with his feet and his passing too, but he often mucks that up.

Who do you think will replace him at Barca when he leaves? Bit too early for my De Gea to Barca prediction.

Didn't realise the two were playing this week. Will probably watch that, what time is in on?

I think it will be either Ter Stegen, Guieta or Reina.
Reply 884
Im confident we will tear them to shreds.

Both teams are back in form tbh. So it's gonna be a tougher match than you think. Although ramos being out would be a big miss.
Original post by jam277
Both teams are back in form tbh. So it's gonna be a tougher match than you think. Although ramos being out would be a big miss.

Ramos and Pepe being out so it means either Varanne,Albiol or Carvalho. Any one of them i would fancy to take them to bits. I think it should be 2-0 or 3-1 to us.
Ramos and Pepe being out so it means either Varanne,Albiol or Carvalho. Any one of them i would fancy to take them to bits. I think it should be 2-0 or 3-1 to us.

Guess it'll be a varane-carvalho partnership(experience with potential). Think they should have kept garay and used him tbh.

We'll see what happens there though. Think it's gonna be a 2-2 draw, the real madrid defence doesn't look great but they have goals in front of them. Reckon they'll attack for 10-20 mins, get a goal and park bus the rest of the match like usual, find out they're behind(60-70 mins) and then press you guys like mad or they'll completely lose their heads and you pick them off while someone gets a red card. They don't have di maria either so that means callejon to come on.
Original post by jam277
Guess it'll be a varane-carvalho partnership(experience with potential). Think they should have kept garay and used him tbh.

We'll see what happens there though. Think it's gonna be a 2-2 draw, the real madrid defence doesn't look great but they have goals in front of them. Reckon they'll attack for 10-20 mins, get a goal and park bus the rest of the match like usual, find out they're behind(60-70 mins) and then press you guys like mad or they'll completely lose their heads and you pick them off while someone gets a red card. They don't have di maria either so that means callejon to come on.

Di Maria Injured again ? :redface:
Di Maria Injured again ? :redface:

Na, got a red card because joao pereira was being a ****. Saying that di maria was no angel too.
Original post by jam277
Na, got a red card because joao pereira was being a ****. Saying that di maria was no angel too.

I see what you did there... :sly: :tongue:
Original post by cheetahs56
I see what you did there... :sly: :tongue:

Yeah, I meant that...

:awesome:
Does anybody think Kagawa should start against Real Madrid?

Cleverley and Carrick will surely be played, but I think Kagawa should start on the left. Nani and Welbeck simply aren't good enough. Plus, Kagawa is more likely to track back, something that's rather important against a club like Real Madrid.

I'd expect Valencia and Rafael to double up on Ronaldo. I just hope Ronaldo doesn't choose to switch wings. If he's one-on-one with Evra, he'll kill him. That said, Evra has had an amazing season so far.
Original post by Manchester United
Does anybody think Kagawa should start against Real Madrid?

Cleverley and Carrick will surely be played, but I think Kagawa should start on the left. Nani and Welbeck simply aren't good enough. Plus, Kagawa is more likely to track back, something that's rather important against a club like Real Madrid.

I'd expect Valencia and Rafael to double up on Ronaldo. I just hope Ronaldo doesn't choose to switch wings. If he's one-on-one with Evra, he'll kill him. That said, Evra has had an amazing season so far.

The team i'd like to see is:

De Gea
Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra
Carrick, Cleverley
Valencia, Rooney, Nani
Van Persie

I know Nani has been playing ****, but on his day he is world-class, he could be the game winner for us. Also I think we could use 4-3-3, what do you guys think? Then I would like to see Scholes in the 3 man midfield, with Valencia, RVP and Rooney the front 3.
Reply 894
Original post by cheetahs56

I know Nani has been playing ****

Has he!? Looked pretty good to me on Saturday - one of the more dangerous players on the pitch.
Original post by Budgie
Has he!? Looked pretty good to me on Saturday - one of the more dangerous players on the pitch.

2nd half he was good, 1st his final ball was poor. Although he has been injured tbh, still he hasn't been playing to his potential.
Reply 896
At this moment in time i would prefer Nani over Valencia without question.
Reply 897
First sports team to be valued over $3bn according to Forbes. Current value is $3.3 - $1.2bn more than the team ranked second.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9833294/Manchester-United-the-first-team-worth-3-billion-according-to-Forbes-Magazine.html
Never would have expected Scholes to do something so stupid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21243965
Original post by SirMasterKey
Never would have expected Scholes to do something so stupid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21243965

:lol:

For a moment there, I thought I was going to read something that might tarnish his name! Should have known better.

Latest