The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Yes, it's ages away, but it would be good to have a place for discussion so we can see how everyone's progressing with the content and ask and answer questions :smile:

And I have my ISA coming up so will probably need to be revising for that.. :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
subbin :ninja:
Reply 3
Wow so long away yet! I'll come on in 3 months!
Reply 4
Which optional topics r u guys going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm doing turning points, which one is the more popular option?
Reply 7
I haven't even gone back to school, let alone think about unit 5. Which optional module are you guys going to choose?
Reply 8
Original post by thescientist17
Yes, it's ages away, but it would be good to have a place for discussion so we can see how everyone's progressing with the content and ask and answer questions :smile:

And I have my ISA coming up so will probably need to be revising for that.. :eek:

what exam board is this? Edexcel?? Yeahh iv got my "ISA" coming up in few weeks from now.. stupid oscillations are boring :redface:

a bit too early for this thread but oh well im subbing :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by a10
what exam board is this? Edexcel?? Yeahh iv got my "ISA" coming up in few weeks from now.. stupid oscillations are boring :redface:

a bit too early for this thread but oh well im subbing :biggrin:

I think it's AQA because the OP was the one who started the AQA unit 4 thread too.
Reply 10
Original post by kdk
Which optional topics r u guys going to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol "optional" we didn't have a choice so we're doing applied physics, don't know much about any of the optional modules though so don't know how I feel about it.
Reply 11
Original post by D4rth
lol "optional" we didn't have a choice so we're doing applied physics, don't know much about any of the optional modules though so don't know how I feel about it.

Yeah, same here, :smile:
Our teacher chose it for us. ours is sth to do with turning points! I wanted to sth called 'medical physics' as I want to study medicine, but I wasn't allowed...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Our class chose applied because its the most mathematical yaaay
We're doing astrophysics and actually finding it quite interesting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pinkhead
I haven't even gone back to school, let alone think about unit 5. Which optional module are you guys going to choose?

Going to look at them and choose whichever is the easiest haha/has best resources, how about you?
Reply 15
bit early for this thread haha. Liking unit 5 a lot more than unit 4 so far, applied physics feels like a breeze because we've done most of the stuff in M4 and the rest is engines :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by badatgow
bit early for this thread haha. Liking unit 5 a lot more than unit 4 so far, applied physics feels like a breeze because we've done most of the stuff in M4 and the rest is engines :smile:

Not liking unit 5 seems a bit dull and our teachers are rushing it so we can get a lot of ISA time.:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jarasta
Not liking unit 5 seems a bit dull and our teachers are rushing it so we can get a lot of ISA time.:/

Your situation isn't too bad. My teacher hasn't been in since before Christmas, and he isn't due in (if at all) until after the February half-term. We don't have a substitute worth a pinch of salt either, and we've not even discussed the ISA.
Reply 18
Original post by Tullia
Your situation isn't too bad. My teacher hasn't been in since before Christmas, and he isn't due in (if at all) until after the February half-term. We don't have a substitute worth a pinch of salt either, and we've not even discussed the ISA.

omg that is bad!!
What are you having to do then?
hey guys,

just wondered if anyone has done the damped oscillations ISA, if so any tips/advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending