The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5160
Original post by The Troll Toll
So instead of not watching any football the Sunday before the superbowl you could still not watch any football the Sunday before the superbowl?

Sounds like a real improvement.

It reflects badly on the league the standard of the game so they may as well sack it off and spare the embarassment ?
Sad news...

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000130779/

Such a talented player and made such a difference when he was playing for the Lions. Wish him best of luck to whatever he does in future!
Reply 5162
Original post by Malevolent
Boston news writer with a story saying Bye Bye Brady that the Patriots should trade Brady while we can still get value for him. Pretty intriguing idea...

No way! :zomg:
Original post by R-KAM
No way! :zomg:

It sounds really terrible but if i were not such a Brady lover i could actually see it being quite a good idea...
Reply 5164
It sounds really terrible but if i were not such a Brady lover i could actually see it being quite a good idea...

I'd turn gay for the man, so I'm heavily against it.

That and the fact he's one (if not the) best QB ever, even at his age. Wouldn't trade him for anything. Everything fits perfectly here for him, he and BB have a great relationship too...

Although if you consider the last superbowl was 2004 aye? You can see the point...
Reply 5165
A team like Kansas City which is pretty much set everywhere at QB would trade the world for Brady - 3 first round picks, this year's 2nd - he has to be worth at least what the Redskins gave up for RGIII, even if he doesn't have age on his side.
The question of course is can you replace him? You're going to have to eventually, why not get as much value as possible instead of losing him to retirement
Original post by R-KAM
I'd turn gay for the man, so I'm heavily against it.

That and the fact he's one (if not the) best QB ever, even at his age. Wouldn't trade him for anything. Everything fits perfectly here for him, he and BB have a great relationship too...

Although if you consider the last superbowl was 2004 aye? You can see the point...

Original post by munn
A team like Kansas City which is pretty much set everywhere at QB would trade the world for Brady - 3 first round picks, this year's 2nd - he has to be worth at least what the Redskins gave up for RGIII, even if he doesn't have age on his side.
The question of course is can you replace him? You're going to have to eventually, why not get as much value as possible instead of losing him to retirement

As much as i love Brady what you said is right. We haven't managed to win a Superbowl in 8 darn years. Also playoff performances lately have been pretty bad. If it was a perfect world Brady would win 2 more bowls with us then retire but right now i don't see us getting another one. Why not get some serious amount of picks for him if he only had 2 more good years.

I don't think Mallet is the answer so that may be a worrying thought who becomes the signal caller however teams like Arizona and Kansas would i think trade at least 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Brady and more. If that means we can select a good cornerback, safety and wide receiver then damn its at least an intriguing prospect.
Reply 5167
As much as i love Brady what you said is right. We haven't managed to win a Superbowl in 8 darn years. Also playoff performances lately have been pretty bad. If it was a perfect world Brady would win 2 more bowls with us then retire but right now i don't see us getting another one. Why not get some serious amount of picks for him if he only had 2 more good years.

I don't think Mallet is the answer so that may be a worrying thought who becomes the signal caller however teams like Arizona and Kansas would i think trade at least 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Brady and more. If that means we can select a good cornerback, safety and wide receiver then damn its at least an intriguing prospect.

I don't think Mallet is the answer for them either, but if they suffer a couple of mediocre seasons without Brady whilst hunting for that answer, would it be the worst? In 3 years time Brady will probably be hanging up the boots anyway and they'd be in the exact same situation, possibly with nothing to show for it.
And I don't think Arizona would be stupid enough to trade away all their picks for a QB as immobile as Brady - they need O-Line help, Kolb isn't a bad QB, he was even playing quite well this season before his injury (would help if they could stop him getting hit (27 sacks in 6 games, despite one of those being against the anaemic pass rush of the Seahawks)
Then again... it IS Arizona
Reply 5168

Yeah, I want him to get one more minimum, two would be sensational. It's definitely been the whole team that's the issue in these play off games. Would we have gotten there without Brady though? I doubt it. It's an incredibly tough thing to go for. You can see the pros and cons on both sides. You could end up with a solid, solid team trading him, but then you're missing someone of Brady's quality :lol: Then the flip side is obvious, weaker team but with Brady.

Good problem to have. Given the choice, what would you do?
Original post by R-KAM
Yeah, I want him to get one more minimum, two would be sensational. It's definitely been the whole team that's the issue in these play off games. Would we have gotten there without Brady though? I doubt it. It's an incredibly tough thing to go for. You can see the pros and cons on both sides. You could end up with a solid, solid team trading him, but then you're missing someone of Brady's quality :lol: Then the flip side is obvious, weaker team but with Brady.

Good problem to have. Given the choice, what would you do?

Il give him excuse for Superbowls against the Giants since constant pressure he was under from their D-line but in the playoffs he seems to be less commanding. There's a real lack of talent we could go for this year maybe Tebow or Sanchez :laugh: but seriously can't see anyone stepping in to replace Brady. I think i would wait one more season and if we don't come close we trade for as much as we can. Reality is one day we will have to live without Brady in the team.
Original post by munn
I don't think Mallet is the answer for them either, but if they suffer a couple of mediocre seasons without Brady whilst hunting for that answer, would it be the worst? In 3 years time Brady will probably be hanging up the boots anyway and they'd be in the exact same situation, possibly with nothing to show for it.
And I don't think Arizona would be stupid enough to trade away all their picks for a QB as immobile as Brady - they need O-Line help, Kolb isn't a bad QB, he was even playing quite well this season before his injury (would help if they could stop him getting hit (27 sacks in 6 games, despite one of those being against the anaemic pass rush of the Seahawks)
Then again... it IS Arizona

Hey any team thats willing to give 2 firsts 2 seconds and maybe a a third i would be all ears. deep down though i would never want this to happen to Brady. He is Mr Patriot but this organisation isn't scared to cut players even if their fan favorites and what not.
OK so Alex Smith will probably be available in free agency, Matt Flynn will find a team, Sanchez will probably move, Barkley will get drafted high, teams like the Cowboys or Redskins could get value by trading their backup, and you guys think there are that many teams desperate enough for a quarterback to give up 4 or 5 high draft picks for a 35 year old who can't run and isn't even top 10 when he's got a rusher in his face.

This is why normal people talk **** about Pats fans. Go and start a New England Patriots Best Case Scenario Fantasy Soggy Biscuit Reach Around Thread. This is the NFL thread.
No quarterback likes having a rusher in his face. Brady eats the blitz up aswell. I forgot how good Sanchez, Barkley and Smith are. It would make sense for some teams that need a proven play caller. Chiefs are good in lots of positions bar a qb could be a quick pay off thing.

You really need to grow up with your constant childish jabs at the Patriots.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
OK so Alex Smith will probably be available in free agency, Matt Flynn will find a team, Sanchez will probably move, Barkley will get drafted high, teams like the Cowboys or Redskins could get value by trading their backup, and you guys think there are that many teams desperate enough for a quarterback to give up 4 or 5 high draft picks for a 35 year old who can't run and isn't even top 10 when he's got a rusher in his face.

This is why normal people talk **** about Pats fans. Go and start a New England Patriots Best Case Scenario Fantasy Soggy Biscuit Reach Around Thread. This is the NFL thread.

I really can't see Barkley going that highly this year. All those picks he threw throughout this season have kind of screwed him out of a top 5 pick. I reckon that Geno Smith and maybe Wilson from Arkansas could go ahead of Barkley.
How does everyone think that Chip will handle the Eagles this year? It's a shame that just as Vick looks like he's unplayable as they just got a hold of a coach who would have loved Vick maybe even 5 years ago. Watching the Ducks this year, I can't wait to see which elements of the 'Blur' that he tries to implement.

I'm confused....so the Pats haven't won a Superbowl in the last 8 years. How does trading arguably one of the greatest QB's OF ALL TIME, who is STILL one of the top 5 QB's in the league, increase the chances of reaching to the Superbowl?

Tom Brady is the best against the blitz.
He may well be the best against the blitz week in, week out but over the last few years, when it's mattered most, he hasn't been.
If it happened we would get lots picks whcih we could use to bolster other positions or trade for other players. Defense wins championships, thats what we were damn good at in 2001-2004

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Original post by TheMagicRat
He may well be the best against the blitz week in, week out but over the last few years, when it's mattered most, he hasn't been.

How so?

If you're think the Superbowl games, they're categorically different.

There's a difference between standing in the blitz and throwing well (which brady does exceptionally), and spending four quarters on your back. The Giants pass rush was so dominant Brady went down 5 times in SB42 and another 2 times in SB46, as well as damn near being sacked twice on a deep heave which ended up intercepted, as well as taking a huge hit as soon as let the ball go.

He still had elite drives in those games that were against great pass rush, but ultimately he can only do so much when the offensive line bottles it and the pass rush is literally on top of him.

Latest