The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Economics - F585 Global Economy - Case Study Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by mark881995
As long as FDI comes up solo do not fear. A lot of scaremongering at college with people saying protectionism will come up :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Protectionism WONT come up. Its always been the last line of intro and has to be with international finacial flows

Posted from TSR Mobile
"A policy of attracting FDI on its own is insufficient" discuss. I'd love that

Reply 162
"A policy of attracting FDI on its own is insufficient" discuss. I'd love that

So thats just like FDI compared to aid..it wont be that sentence but like most likley a comparison of aid vra fdi

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only wrote about FDI. It wasn't a comparison question was it?

Reply 164
and no it wasnt a comparison it was for and against i hope and think
(edited 11 years ago)
People are telling me it was :s-smilie: I hope it was

Wasn't a comparison*****

Reply 167
Wasn't a comparison*****

I hated that 6 marker on fiscal rules :angry:
Same It was very unclear. I just spoke about credibility leading to stability and then flexibility leading to stability. Unsure if that's correct tbh!
The 10 markers weren't the clearest especially the second but I think I muddled my way through them

Reply 169
Same It was very unclear. I just spoke about credibility leading to stability and then flexibility leading to stability. Unsure if that's correct tbh!
The 10 markers weren't the clearest especially the second but I think I muddled my way through them

i liked the 10 marker about the exchanage rate and the 20 marker

but im just hoping i dont have to retake this exam aaahh

hope transport economics is easier
Reply 170
Original post by iggyDash
i liked the 10 marker about the exchanage rate and the 20 marker

but im just hoping i dont have to retake this exam aaahh

hope transport economics is easier

Thought the 10 markers for exchange rate was awful. What did you put down? I wrote about like in 2003 export led growth ONLY due to demand increase for food..even if exchange rate was high or low = economic growth but then i wrote like if there was no demand for the primary commodities then growth would not occur dispite the exchange rate being low or high...
Reply 171
I hated that 6 marker on fiscal rules :angry:

I wrote about they needed it to prevent crowing out when in reccesion and in boom prevent spending surpluses..

the other point prevent budget deficit attract fdi etc,
Reply 172
Original post by king101
Thought the 10 markers for exchange rate was awful. What did you put down? I wrote about like in 2003 export led growth ONLY due to demand increase for food..even if exchange rate was high or low = economic growth but then i wrote like if there was no demand for the primary commodities then growth would not occur dispite the exchange rate being low or high...

I wrote that the undervalued exchange rate increased their international competitiveness as their exports would be cheaper so therfore the increase in exports increased AD thus increased economic gowth

then i wrote about the improvements in the terms of trade due to the increase in the demand which caused prices to rise then drew AD AND AS DIAGRAM with demand increasing along with the price.

Then i said the most important factor was the increase in demand for the soya beans and stuff from asian countries so which caused price to rise then allowing them to maximize profits also increasing demand (exports) thus economics growth

How did you find the exam in general?
Reply 173
Wasn't a comparison*****

it wasent a comprison BUT you actually gain level 4 if you include a comparison i.e. aid lol...so your marks would be way higher lol..
Reply 174

Is this the case study for the 2013 summer exam? If it is, when did you receive it? I'm a private candidate doing the exam, I didn't except the case study to be out already.
Reply 175
I wrote that the undervalued exchange rate increased their international competitiveness as their exports would be cheaper so therfore the increase in exports increased AD thus increased economic gowth

then i wrote about the improvements in the terms of trade due to the increase in the demand which caused prices to rise then drew AD AND AS DIAGRAM with demand increasing along with the price.

Then i said the most important factor was the increase in demand for the soya beans and stuff from asian countries so which caused price to rise then allowing them to maximize profits also increasing demand (exports) thus economics growth

How did you find the exam in general?

Yeh but it didnt say about what causes economic growth..It said like the COMMENT ON THE EXTENT TO WHICH EXCHANGE RATE AFFECTED exchange rate in 2003.

I thought it would have been like export cheaper =export led growth however...if it was not for the rising demand for food stuff then they would have never got export led growth therfore the exchange rate did not affect/cause economic growth..it was the rising demand for food..

i thought the exam was alright but strange in some parts..
Reply 176
Original post by king101
Yeh but it didnt say about what causes economic growth..It said like the COMMENT ON THE EXTENT TO WHICH EXCHANGE RATE AFFECTED exchange rate in 2003.

I thought it would have been like export cheaper =export led growth however...if it was not for the rising demand for food stuff then they would have never got export led growth therfore the exchange rate did not affect/cause economic growth..it was the rising demand for food..

i thought the exam was alright but strange in some parts..

i know then i eloborated why it was effectinve and the extent

i know and thats why i said that the most important factors was the rising demand in food stuff - export-lead growt blalaala. but the exchange rate did make them more internationally competitive. but the increase in demand for food played a greater part

then i went into detail
Reply 177
Original post by Nerd2
Is this the case study for the 2013 summer exam? If it is, when did you receive it? I'm a private candidate doing the exam, I didn't except the case study to be out already.

Nope january 2013 one.

For the fiscal rules q, I wrote that legitimate framework will make them credible hence lowering bond yields and stability.

Then I put a flexible framework will allow them to spend and stabilise the economic cycle hence creating stability

Have I done that wrong?

Reply 179
For the fiscal rules q, I wrote that legitimate framework will make them credible hence lowering bond yields and stability.

Then I put a flexible framework will allow them to spend and stabilise the economic cycle hence creating stability

Have I done that wrong?

yh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending