The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

This thread has gone a bit off the boil tonight! I know we can feel angry when others are seemingly 'interfering' - but a lot of the time it's just them not understanding, and being frustrated themselves that they can't help you or make you feel better. People just worry so very much.
Reply 5241
Original post by MelissaJayne
This thread has gone a bit off the boil tonight! I know we can feel angry when others are seemingly 'interfering' - but a lot of the time it's just them not understanding, and being frustrated themselves that they can't help you or make you feel better. People just worry so very much.

But then they leave when you need them most :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but then I feel frustrated myself since they're overlay exaggerating it all. I just sit there shaking my head going "nah it's not bad" which is true, it's not. It's trying to tell them that, is what makes it so frustrating. Then snapping at them when I know they just want to help.

It's too confusing :frown:
Reply 5243
Best of luck

Original post by 05autyt
But then they leave when you need them most :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

You got us guys, we're always here. x
Original post by TotoMimo
The irony being, everyone sees what you're doing, but they're just too afraid to mention it.

And then there are people who just come right out with it.:mad: My so-called "eating disorder" was related to having a stomach problem, which made it so easy to unintentionally lose weight. It just so happened at the time that I had depression.
Reply 5246
You got us guys, we're always here. x

Thank you it honestly means so much x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5247
For some reason, everything that has happened in the last 2 years has suddenly caught up with me and I am finding it almost impossible to move around or eat. I am so exhausted but have to go to work :frown: . Unless I have some underlying health problem I guess this is a relapse? Maybe it's just a cold. Anyway hope you're getting on alright here
Reply 5248
I'm killing everyone around me as well as myself :'( I dont want to be here anymore, I just cant live like this! Is there any free helplines that anyone would recommend. I feel like I need to talk to someone but I dont feel 'ill'/thin enough to actually get help. I feel like a doctor would laugh, and that would mean telling my grandparents, because my doctors is in the middle of nowhere and i dont want to do that to them. I cant carry on like this. I dont know what to do anymore :'(
Original post by 05autyt
I'm killing everyone around me as well as myself :'( I dont want to be here anymore, I just cant live like this! Is there any free helplines that anyone would recommend. I feel like I need to talk to someone but I dont feel 'ill'/thin enough to actually get help. I feel like a doctor would laugh, and that would mean telling my grandparents, because my doctors is in the middle of nowhere and i dont want to do that to them. I cant carry on like this. I dont know what to do anymore :'(

:hugs:

I was going to suggest Samaritans until I checked, and it's not free to call them. If you're still at school then Childline or if you're at uni then Nightline ? I don't know if Nightline is free btw.

Or if all else fails, us ?
Reply 5250
I've recognised you're in a bit of a dark place, 05autyt, and have private messaged.

Please make use of my contact details if you need to, silence is when you hear your pain loudest.
Original post by Anonymous
:hugs:

I was going to suggest Samaritans until I checked, and it's not free to call them. If you're still at school then Childline or if you're at uni then Nightline ? I don't know if Nightline is free btw.

Or if all else fails, us ?

I don't /think/ nightline is free, but if you're on contract and get like minutes you can use to landlines, then it sort of is.
Reply 5252
Thank you all especially you toto. I don't know what this forum would do without you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5253
Original post by 05autyt

Hang in there, things WILL get better. They always do. :hugs:
Reply 5254
Original post by Cinnie
Hang in there, things WILL get better. They always do. :hugs:

Thank you . The support on this forum is incredible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there everyone,

i have posted on here before, but i shall start from the beginning so some of you can understand what im doing

i am a fully recovered anorexic studying medicine at the Uni of Cambridge. i have recently started a youtube blog where i try to answer questions people have about eating disorders which can be found here : www.youtube.com/smetin92

anyways, the reason why i am posting this thread is because i need your help. i am going to post a video this eating disorders awareness week where i need input from people suffering/suffered with an eating disorders (OF ANY KIND) or issues with body image. i would like you to make a video where you say the following, or write it in a piece of paper in front of a video camera (it does not have to include your face if you dont want it to!):

0) Your name (if you want to be anon that is ok) - say "my name is ".....""
1) i have/had an eating disorder
2) i would then like you to summarise your eating disorder in 1-2 sentences
3) explain in 1-2 sentences what you want out of life
4) if you are a male please say/write : "Males can have eating disorders too"
5) Then, say an inspirational line saying that eating disorders can be beaten - give it some POW
6) finally say/write "be aware"

If you could do this an email it to [email protected] (i know) before mid-february i would be most grateful. thank you so much

simon metin x
Since coming to uni this year my eating behaviours have been awful. When I was 13 I was told that I have bulimic tendencies and referred to another doctor but nothing was done. Everyone around me knew what was going on and they're the ones that got me back to eating properly, but now I've moved away from them there's nobody to control what I'm doing. My Mum rings me every day to check that I've been eating and I just lie to her. I'm not sure what eating disorder I have and I'm too scared to go to the doctor for it again, but I know that classification isn't the real issue it's the fact that it's happening :frown: I'm not underweight at all, my BMI is 24 so people tend to think that I'm healthy. I rarely purge but I'll often binge, and then starve myself because I feel so guilty about it. I haven't slept because I binged last night and didn't want to purge or starve myself so I went for a 6 hour walk to try and counteract it but I still feel like I've let myself down. I'm just so fed up of being like this now, I want to be normal and for food to be a normal part of my life like it is for everyone else but that will never happen :frown: Even when I was eating normally I was a calorie counter and refused to eat more than my BMR plus exercise. I broke down and told my boyfriend the other day, he's long distance and he hasn't been that much help. I can just tell that he doesn't know what to do and I feel so guilty for telling him about it because I don't want people to worry about me :frown:
Reply 5257
I've been on Olanzapine for a week now, and today for the first time I have gained weight by just over a KG. I was really unhappy after, but I realise I should just view it as the first step in the long road to recovery :smile: Also finally have a meal plan from the dietician (I shouldn't be complaining, I bet most people would be happy being told they have to have dessert every night!)
Original post by JLW95
I've been on Olanzapine for a week now, and today for the first time I have gained weight by just over a KG. I was really unhappy after, but I realise I should just view it as the first step in the long road to recovery :smile: Also finally have a meal plan from the dietician (I shouldn't be complaining, I bet most people would be happy being told they have to have dessert every night!)

Well done! And try not to feel bad, what feels like a huge step to our kind is only a small leap to human kind and the rest of reality. Most people fluctuate a kg here and there all the time without even knowing!
Original post by JLW95

That's amazing- well done!
Try not to worry too much about the weight gain (yeah, if only it was that easy, but you know what I mean :tongue: ), it will slow down after a few weeks if you keep with the meal plan, it's just your body going "WTF??!?!?!". Remember to reach out for support any time you find it hard, but you're right, this is the beginning of better things x

Quick Reply

Latest