The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Doubt I'll watch any match tonight. Going to desperately try and finish my essay tonight instead. I'm flying home for a long weekend and don't want to be doing this essay there, which I'd have to finish for Friday anyway.

Bit of a shame really. Got a good feeling tonight we'll get a very good result.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Doubt I'll watch any match tonight. Going to desperately try and finish my essay tonight instead. I'm flying home for a long weekend and don't want to be doing this essay there, which I'd have to finish for Friday anyway.

Bit of a shame really. Got a good feeling tonight we'll get a very good result.

How come you have to fly home?:wink:
Three brilliant games today :redface:

I think we will win very easily tonight, 4-0.
Original post by cheetahs56
How come you have to fly home?:wink:

Family visit. Will be the last time I see my elder sister for quite a while.

Then it's back to Amsterdam for my second semester.

I am aiming of actually going and watching an Ajax game or two by the end of the season so should get a move on and actually get a ticket.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Family visit. Will be the last time I see my elder sister for quite a while.

Then it's back to Amsterdam for my second semester.

I am aiming of actually going and watching an Ajax game or two by the end of the season so should get a move on and actually get a ticket.

Oh do you go to Uni in Netherlands? What do you study may I ask?:colondollar:
Reply 925
De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Welbeck, Rooney, Kagawa & RVP

Bench: Lindegaard, Rafael, Rio, Nani, Valencia, Cleverley & Büttner.

Decent
Reply 926
SAF clearly wants this game over by HT lol.
Reply 927
Quite like the side, and will look forward to Anderson's performance, but i'm a little worried that we have no natural width there, if Southampton park the bus it's often useful to have an outlet wide. Rafael is also a miss in that respect. Should have enough though, as long as we don't rock up expecting a stroll in the park. I was kind of scared SAF would try and get clever with Fulham away in a few days but it's a strong side.

Anyone know where Hernandez is? Having him on the bench is always reassuring :frown:
Yeah Anderson alongside Carrick should be intresting. I wonder who is at CB and who is at RB.
Reply 929
Original post by doggyfizzel
Yeah Anderson alongside Carrick should be intresting. I wonder who is at CB and who is at RB.

Gotta be Smalling CB and Jones RB surely. The only time I can remember it being different is at the very start of last season when Jones-Evans had a partnership going on, since then Smalling has established himself way ahead of Jones in the CB pecking order. And tbf Jones is a better RB anyway, better technically so offers more going forward. It's a physical defence by most standards, probably an attempt to shut Lambert off.

Also notice that Luke Shaw has been benched. Probably just a new manager seeing differently...but I like to think they're scared he'll have a blinder and move to us. :ninja: He'd be a good Evra understudy by the sounds of it, potentially developing into a replacement.
Reply 930
Jones at RB would mean his last 3 games would be in different positions.

Still think he is at his best at CB.. but that may be influenced by the fact Rafael is doing so well
Reply 931
Original post by Tommyjw
Jones at RB would mean his last 3 games would be in different positions.

Still think he is at his best at CB.. but that may be influenced by the fact Rafael is doing so well

I suppose that could be seen as cause for concern but i'm seeing it as a positive at the moment. I still maintain he has too much talent to be turned into an O'Shea.

Oh I didn't mean his best position is at RB (if you thought I did), just that he's a better RB than Smalling. Didn't word it well :colondollar:
Original post by cheetahs56
Oh do you go to Uni in Netherlands? What do you study may I ask?:colondollar:

Just for one year. On an Erasmus year abroad studying history.

Original post by Tommyjw
De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Welbeck, Rooney, Kagawa & RVP

Bench: Lindegaard, Rafael, Rio, Nani, Valencia, Cleverley & Büttner.

Decent

Very strong line up. Really can't see Southampton getting anything out of the game. However I'm not so sure we'll play at our best. Maybe a cosy 3-0 win.
Reply 933
Looks like we are back to doing this **** again.
lol wtf :facepalm2: comeback time again..
Reply 935
Wtf just happened..
Reply 936
I said we'd be fine if we didn't treat it as a stroll in the park. So of course we see a stupid casual backpass from Carrick and De Gea pussying out of a physical battle :facepalm2:
That's what I'm talking about Shinji
rooooney :awesome: great ball by kagawa
Reply 939
Great by Kagawa.

Latest