The Student Room Group

caught with weed in halls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by canyouhelpme
if anything weed can be beneficial for some people. It's not as damaging as the government says it is.

Tell that to my psychotic hallucinations.
If they contact the police, you'll get a caution if it's your first time.
They could also decide to kick you out of halls as it breaks the terms and conditions on the contract.
Reply 22
Original post by The_Last_Melon
Tell that to my psychotic hallucinations.

*cough* exacerbation of a preceding condition*cough*

Finally, drugs are bad for you so stop doing them.

I'm waiting for the day you need powerful pain relief in a hospital - will you reject what is essentially heroin?

"Drugs are bad for you" - so much lol.
Original post by 4 U real?
I know , its a spotted Hyena, the huge flock where wiped out during a mass hunting in early December 2012, they are now extinct as of 2012

erm no, they are not extinct. They aren't even "near threatened" :confused:
Original post by Happydude
I'm waiting for the day you need powerful pain relief in a hospital - will you reject what is essentially heroin?

"Drugs are bad for you" - so much lol.

I thought you'd infer that I was referring to illegal drugs :rolleyes:
The Metropolitan Police commissioner would probably agree with you being drug tested. The Bill Clinton defence won't work.

A little short sighted to say cannabis cannot have positive effects. Or opiates, in the context of pain relief at least. My aunt, before she died, smoked cannabis to help with her MS, pain which her regiment of medication could not soothe anywhere close to what the cannabis could, I imagine because of it's properties of being a muscle relaxant. I wouldn't be surprised if medicinal cannabis does become legal at some point, our government is stubborn and ignores the very expert bodies they task to judge how current drugs policy should be changed, if at all. They ask a panel, panel gives results they don't like, they decide they're more expert then the experts...yeah..right.

Not that I'd ever smoke cannabis, but I find it so amusing that alcohol is perfectly legal with the damage it does to our society, when a guy smoking a joint who's just bought a fair amount for personal use, could go to jail.

Illegal =/= harmful and immoral.

Our drug policy is based on nothing more than what society deems acceptable, which is absolutely farcical. Once upon society was fine with witch burnings and chemical castration for homosexuals; I wouldn't really trust it's judgement.

Professor Nutt had it right - science needs to be heeded by politicians! :biggrin:
I'm amazed they've done anything, tbh. Its not anything outrageous or uncommon. Someone I lived with in halls was a massive stoner and he set off the fire alarm one evening. We could see several members of staff in his room when we were outside and he had several bags of weed on his desk plus papers, a grinder and a bong. All of which were there when he got back. Security would often see people doing it as well, all they'd say was go outside and if people already were they didn't bat an eyelid.

You'll get a warning about future conduct and maybe a fine for smoking in halls. Thats it.
I just looked it up and the police are likely to just give you a "cannabis warning" if this is your first time caught. However, the police didn't catch you with it, so you may have some leway.

You'll have to check your contract but they can probably kick you out. Don't let them convince you that they can put you in jail or anything because they absolutely do not have that power.

Finally, drugs are bad for you so stop doing them.

Ha, blind.

I'm sure those legal, taxed drugs such as cigs and alcohol are far better for for you then? Oh wait.
Original post by flakepaint
Ha, blind.

I'm sure those legal, taxed drugs such as cigs and alcohol are far better for for you then? Oh wait.

Don't do them either. What's your point?

The fact (yes, fact) that you dismiss those 'illegal' drugs as bad, when the ones freely available at your local newsagents are far more damaging.In other words, you can't think for yourself and believe the typical anti-drug (or rather anti-cannabis) nonsense that is a very recent thing, and a result of silly governments.

The main risks associated with cannabis comes from smoking it, and even these are minimal. Given how you can vaporise or make edibles, this can be avoided anyway.

Illegal does not always mean bad, petal.
The fact (yes, fact) that you dismiss those 'illegal' drugs as bad, when the ones freely available at your local newsagents are far more damaging.In other words, you can't think for yourself and believe the typical anti-drug (or rather anti-cannabis) nonsense that is a very recent thing, and a result of silly governments.

The main risks associated with cannabis comes from smoking it, and even these are minimal. Given how you can vaporise or make edibles, this can be avoided anyway.

Illegal does not always mean bad, petal.

I don't think for myself because I obey the law?

No weed, no booze, no cigs

Boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Original post by jacketpotato
No weed, no booze, no cigs

Boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The boring thing about me is that I spend all my time on TSR not that I don't ingest various chemicals.
Original post by 3nTr0pY
I know someone who once took gillyweed. He got in right trouble with his professor.

Brilliant. :biggrin:
I don't think for myself because I obey the law?

Haha, you're quite dense. There's a difference between just obeying the law and dismissing something solely because it's illegal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha, you're quite dense.

Thanks.
Reply 39
Original post by 4 U real?
I know , its a spotted Hyena, the huge flock where wiped out during a mass hunting in early December 2012, they are now extinct as of 2012

You are tripping, the spotted hyena is alive and well.

1. Why do you think it is extinct? You seem a bit confused
2. Why is this relevant

OP it'll be fine, no-one really cares about weed. Don't think there is any way to get it back though unfortunately,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending