The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

David Fincher's TV series, 'House of Cards' starring Kevin Spacey debuts on Netflix tomorrow. :excited:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
David Fincher's TV series, 'House of Cards' starring Kevin Spacey debuts on Netflix tomorrow. :excited:

I am so pumped for this. It looks awesome.
Is the whole series released in one go? They're doing that with Arrested Development.
Anyone seen American Mary yet?

I liked the idea of the Twisted Twins doing a movie about surgery, body mod etc, and it's a good central notion. But the execution is a bit amateurish. Slightly disappointed.
Original post by Colonel.
Is the whole series released in one go? They're doing that with Arrested Development.

Yup, I looked over Netflix and all 13 episodes are up. I think I'm going to see how the first two episodes are, then blaze through it if it's good.
Yup, I looked over Netflix and all 13 episodes are up. I think I'm going to see how the first two episodes are, then blaze through it if it's good.

Right, looks like my uni stuff is going down the drain.
Reply 8326
Utopia is fairly decent. I'm probably just a sadist at heart..
House of Cards is fantastic.
Just watched What Richard Did.

Really good. Recommended.
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Just watched What Richard Did.

Really good. Recommended.

What did he do?
Just watched Django Unchained. Tarantino never disappoints!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, yes, it is. Unsurprisingly, Kevin Spacey makes that show.

Original post by zjs
Utopia is fairly decent. I'm probably just a sadist at heart..

It has a very distinctive visual style, which I like.
Reply 8332
Yes, yes, it is. Unsurprisingly, Kevin Spacey makes that show.

It has a very distinctive visual style, which I like.

As was said by the show runner. It is essentially a '13 hour film' and Spacey starts it off brilliantly!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Watched The Intouchables, it was a pretty heart-warming film.
Reply 8334
Just watched wreck it Ralph today at the cinema it's a Disney film due to be realised this week it's about a arcade game where the bad guy try's to turn good, if you love arcade games then I'd recommend it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking forward to watching it. The original was superb - Spacey will be fantastic if he even comes close to Iain Richardson.
Reply 8336
Watched Lost for Words. Enjoyed it. Thora Hird and Pete Postlethwaite are both wonderful actors. :h:
Original post by danny111
What did he do?

Spoiler

Reply 8338
Just watched The Conversation, thought it was really good. Probably re-watching L.A. Confidential with a friend in a little while. Just doing some catching up to re-validate my membership of this glorious society. :colondollar:
Reply 8339

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending