The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

It was in clearing last year. And if people miss grades or make other choices I guess it will be again. If you go through the threads you will see loads of stuff on interviews, what the experience was like for many, areas around which questions were asked, best ways to answer and a lot of very helpful tips.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 121
i got an email saying theres been 900 applications to date just for the foundation wthhhhh :confused: i need some serious help .... haven't applied for uni, only 2weeks of work exp in a pharmacy back in yr10 of high school, will only have A-level in psychology and biology at the end of this year :| any suggestions of a similar course that could get me to pharm/optom
Original post by Shakyamuni
It was in clearing last year. And if people miss grades or make other choices I guess it will be again. If you go through the threads you will see loads of stuff on interviews, what the experience was like for many, areas around which questions were asked, best ways to answer and a lot of very helpful tips.

which one was in clearing sorry? BSc or foundation?
i applied for Bsc but want to do foundation
Original post by ahmmm
i got an email saying theres been 900 applications to date just for the foundation wthhhhh :confused: i need some serious help .... haven't applied for uni, only 2weeks of work exp in a pharmacy back in yr10 of high school, will only have A-level in psychology and biology at the end of this year :| any suggestions of a similar course that could get me to pharm/optom

erm apply for foundation in a gap year (or go through clearing) if you have CC
try and get some more work experience over summer
and yeah its a popular course, but I didnt get this email -although for pharm you have enough w.e
Original post by MedMed12
which one was in clearing sorry? BSc or foundation?
i applied for Bsc but want to do foundation

Both were in clearing. They review each application separately and they decide whether to make an offer for the foundation or the BSc.
Original post by carehow
I sent my application off about 15th Decemberish and they still haven't got back to me apart from the say they've acknowledged my application... Should they have rejected or offered me an interview by now? :s

There is still time for interview appointments. I hear that they have had a lot more applications this year and are still going through them.
Reply 126
erm apply for foundation in a gap year (or go through clearing) if you have CC
try and get some more work experience over summer
and yeah its a popular course, but I didnt get this email -although for pharm you have enough w.e

so my high school w/e in a pharmacy would be enough? the email said for progression from the course onto medicine they don't take a-levels into account, but for progression on to pharm/optom 3A-levels at CCC are needed!
Both were in clearing. They review each application separately and they decide whether to make an offer for the foundation or the BSc.

ahh so in theory if I got on the Bsc, I could go onto the foundation if I wanted then seeing as its in clearing, because it would be unfair if it was in clearing and I'm being made to do something I dont want to right?
Reply 128
ahh so in theory if I got on the Bsc, I could go onto the foundation if I wanted then seeing as its in clearing, because it would be unfair if it was in clearing and I'm being made to do something I dont want to right?

if you get onto the Bsc, why would you want to go on to the foundation - when somebody who cant get on to the Bsc could do with that place?
Original post by ahmmm
if you get onto the Bsc, why would you want to go on to the foundation - when somebody who cant get on to the Bsc could do with that place?

I'd happily swap! As long as they have BBB, academically they should be fine for the Bsc
Reply 130
I'd happily swap! As long as they have BBB, academically they should be fine for the Bsc

:s-smilie: are you saying you've got a place on the BSc, and even if you get on to it, you'd like to move on to the foundation??
Original post by ahmmm
:s-smilie: are you saying you've got a place on the BSc, and even if you get on to it, you'd like to move on to the foundation??

I've got neither yet, but I want the foundation one and if I get the Bsc, I'll try and find out if I can swap
Reply 132
oh right.. why would you want to swap the BSc for foundation?
Anyone still not heard anything back yet? Still waiting for an interview or even a decision. Mature applicant, applied in jan.
Reply 134
Congrats to you! I know your joy! how did the interview go? have u had an offer?

Thanks :smile: Erm it went horrible haha. I didnt get an offer for clinical science but they offered me a place for biomedical sciences there instead which is what i am more interested in tbh so its not too bad. Have you heard anything? :smile:
Reply 135
I got a letter before the christmas holidays to say I have an interview, and I'd hear later on about a date, but I haven't heard yet. Did you get a letter or email? or did you have to email/phone to clarify when you want to do it as the letter said something about feb for those with jan exams and jan for those without.

I have an exam that day, so probably wont get/attend on the 23rd

I got a letter with a date on it initially. Have you tried to email them and ask them as it may of been a mis print :smile: good luckkk!!!:smile:
Original post by muzza.
I got a letter with a date on it initially. Have you tried to email them and ask them as it may of been a mis print :smile: good luckkk!!!:smile:

hey :smile:
i've got a date now
Reply 137
hi ...
i didnt apply to this uni but would it be possible for me to apply through clearing ?
Original post by muzza.
Thanks :smile: Erm it went horrible haha. I didnt get an offer for clinical science but they offered me a place for biomedical sciences there instead which is what i am more interested in tbh so its not too bad. Have you heard anything? :smile:

Ahhhhhh! sorry to hear it your interview experience was horrible. Why was it so horrible? Hard questions? surprise questions? Grrrr will tell you my story when I feel recovered. So will you go for their biomedical offer?
Original post by mandie1
hi ...
i didnt apply to this uni but would it be possible for me to apply through clearing ?

You can apply through clearing if you meet the qualifications and if there are spaces all dependent on the course you are interested in. Clin sci has been very popular this year, I gather. Last year clin sci, both foundation and three year, had spaces in clearing. This year I gather they have had so many applications, my guess, and remember its just my humble guess, things may be different (less spaces or no spaces!). But no worries just wait and see. And stay positive! Put together a number of options that will get you where you want to go, re-university study. One is bound to work out. Best of luck!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending