The Student Room Group

Current social work issues...

Hey guys really struggling to find any information on current social work issues? Can anyone help? Thanks guys :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'm in a community mental health team and the biggest issue they have is finance/budgets etc
Reply 2
Original post by Soph.Jade
I'm in a community mental health team and the biggest issue they have is finance/budgets etc

Thank you :smile: Just trying to gather as much information as possible for my interview next week :O x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by socialworkxxx
Thank you :smile: Just trying to gather as much information as possible for my interview next week :O x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw best of luck! :biggrin: you could also mention that sometimes people need help with ss issues but ss are unable to help as their main problems may relate to alcohol/drugs etc so they can't be supported until they detox but may have urgent issues.
Reply 4
Original post by Soph.Jade
Aw best of luck! :biggrin: you could also mention that sometimes people need help with ss issues but ss are unable to help as their main problems may relate to alcohol/drugs etc so they can't be supported until they detox but may have urgent issues.

Ah great thanks for the advice :biggrin: I am soooo nervous! I'm worried about the case studies, I'm worried about the actual interview arghhhh basically worried and nervous about everything lol! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by socialworkxxx
Ah great thanks for the advice :biggrin: I am soooo nervous! I'm worried about the case studies, I'm worried about the actual interview arghhhh basically worried and nervous about everything lol! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, if they're like the interviewees for nursing they'll try to put you at ease. It might be worth having a look at the regulators (hcpc I think?)
Have a look at community care, there is quite a lot of current SW news and issues on there. I remember talking to a SW recently and they say an issue was maintaining a Social Work identity in a multi disciplinary team - as these are becoming more common in health and mental health settings.
Reply 7
Funding is usually one of the main issues.

Ad
Reply 8
Thanks for the advice guys! :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
could some please Tell me about the current issues in social care?
Answer:
Original post by social work stud
could some please Tell me about the current issues in social care?
Answer:

Look on the community care website or guardian social care network.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
you need to look up things for yourself this is no way to get into social care work by asking what or were are thing you need to read local and externel works so you can achieve this goal by yourself ...go for it url x
Im struggling to, I have a current themes assignment. Im thinking about going with Direct work with children as its still being commissioned out to not profit organisations when serious case review's state that SW's should be having more contact with children. To my knowledge this is not happening as much as it should be.
The issues may vary depending on the area you work in.

Social work within voluntary or charitable organisations may have issues with funding. In a statutory setting, it could be excessive case loads.

As others have said, Community Care is a good place to start, as is BASW (http://www.basw.co.uk)
the fact that the government is failing to reverse austerity effects and is making new plans that will reduce services further. For example, proposing to remove women's refuges from the welfare system, putting the lives of women and children at risk

Quick Reply

Latest