The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Epicurean
Well, I don't remember that happening, but maybe it did. But iPoop's point still stands. The reason he looked the way he did was because he had loads of surgery and bleached his skin. He did not look the way he did merely because of vitiligo.

At teh early stages when the patches are only small, surely he would have just used make up to help match his white patches with his skin colour? But no, he compltely changed his whoel skin colour. So to say he was merely covering them is incorrect. He changed his whole skin colour along with covering them up.

Also thanks for the neg rep :rolleyes:

In the early stages he did simply cover up the patches to match his black colour. What you're ignoring is that his condition was extremely severe and that it progressively took over the vast majority of his body. He went from simply covering the small white patches to match his natural colour, to being forced to cover any piece of skin that was on show. He just decided to gradually lighten the tone of the makeup over time so that he wasn't going from black to white overnight, which would've been shocking for the public to see. This is all according to his makeup artist who worked with him for 30 years. But you know better right?

He looked the way he did because of 1. Vitiligo and 2. Surgery. He did not bleach himself to be white, only to merely get rid of the last small dark patches on his chest and legs.

If he didn't want to be black then why did he bother with all of the black pride symbols in his music and videos? Singing against the KKK, morphing into a black panther, highlighting racism within the media and the justice system.
Original post by ipoop
Did you sort out that payslip problem? :rofl:

Yes. :grumble:
Thank you for asking and stalking. :sly:
Original post by This Honest
Perhaps :beard: As long as you and Ranboo stays, it'll always be my home :h:

Um ok :K:

I was replacing Taylor Swift's lyrics We are never getting back together, I am on a roll :cool:
Original post by Stevo F

:console: at least you went out last night :grumble:
I'm OK, got nothing to do atm, can I help you at all? :mmm: :lol:
I'm gunna watch the football later on but that's my only plan :hmmmm:

Ah, what did you end up doing last night? I vague remember something you said about popping to a restaurant...:hmmmm2:
Yes, you can help by continuing the creepy - I mean cool messages. :innocent:
Sweet..you're lucky you've got no stress for today :sad:
Is this about Michael Jackson?

He dyed himself white... End of.

(yes I said dyed on purpose, double meaning)

Anyhow, he's dead. Leave him be like he said, doesn't matter if you're black or white... Although that's probably because he was both :tongue:
Original post by ipoop
For the sake of it, could you provide a few examples of him showing his fondness of being black?

1. Morphing into a black panther in one of his videos, a symbol of black pride.
2. The lyics "If Martin Luther was livin', he wouldn't let this be"
3. Donating $25 Million to the United Negro College Fund.
4. Portraying black people as kings and queens in the Remember The Time video
5. Often surrounded himself with civil rights activists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
6. Singing the line "The white man's gotta make a change" at the 1988 Grammies
7. The african musical influences in the songs "Wanna Be Startin Somethin" and "Liberian Girl"
8. The racist the graffitti that he smashes in the Black Or White video after signing against the KKK
9. His HIStory album is full of anti white establishment lyrics. "In the black, Stab me in the back, In the face, To lie and shame the race". "Tell me what has become of my rights, Am I invisible because you ignore me?, Your proclamation promised me free liberty"
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tomclarky
1. Morphing into a black panther in one of his videos, a symbol of black pride.
2. The lyics "If Martin Luther was livin', he wouldn't let this be"
3. Donating $25 Million to the United Negro College Fund.
4. Portraying black people as kings and queens in the Remember The Time video
5. Often surrounded himself with civil rights activists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
6. Singing the line "The white man's gotta make a change" at the 1988 Grammies
7. The african musical influences in the songs "Wanna Be Startin Somethin" and "Liberian Girl"
8. The racist the graffitti that he smashes in the Black Or White video after signing against the KKK

He "fought" for equality like any other decent human being... How do you know he wasn't pressured into these things as he felt he owed the black community something? :holmes: either way, I didn't really like him :nah:
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
Ah, what did you end up doing last night? I vague remember something you said about popping to a restaurant...:hmmmm2:
Yes, you can help by continuing the creepy - I mean cool messages. :innocent:
Sweet..you're lucky you've got no stress for today :sad:

Yeah I went to a restaurant but then stayed in the rest of the night :sigh:
Will do :colone:
It also means I'm fairly bored though :nothing:
Original post by ranbow99
I was replacing Taylor Swift's lyrics We are never getting back together, I am on a roll :cool:

Lol alright!
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
:hoppy:

:wavey:
:hi:

So back again. :smile: Why? :holmes:
x+3x2(x1)\int\frac{x+3}{x^2(x-1)}

Have fun with that Stevo, nice and easy to start :tongue:
x

Negging anyone that disagrees with you or has different opinions is pretty childish tbh.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
He "fought" for equality like any other decent human being... How do you know he wasn't pressured into these things as he felt he owed the black community something? :holmes: either way, I didn't really like him :nah:

He didn't have to do any of those things. He didn't have to make references to Malcolm X and and for his love of Africa and his hatred of the slavery days. Most the black pride lyrics in his worked were all but ignored.
Reply 4214
In the early stages he did simply cover up the patches to match his black colour. What you're ignoring is that his condition was extremely severe and that it progressively took over the vast majority of his body. He went from simply covering the small white patches to match his natural colour, to being forced to cover any piece of skin that was on show. He just decided to gradually lighten the tone of the makeup over time so that he wasn't going from black to white overnight, which would've been shocking for the public to see. This is all according to his makeup artist who worked with him for 30 years. But you know better right?

He looked the way he did because of 1. Vitiligo and 2. Surgery. He did not bleach himself to be white, only to merely get rid of the last small dark patches on his chest and legs.

If he didn't want to be black then why did he bother with all of the black pride symbols in his music and videos? Singing against the KKK, morphing into a black panther, highlighting racism within the media and the justice system.

There's a difference between being proud of being white and acting out against racism, I'm sure he was proud of being black, I didn't know the man so my judgments/conclusions of him are fallible. That brings me to point, you didn't know the man either - as far as I'm aware - you can't base your opinions solely on what has been said of him. I know it sounds sinister and I might be demonising MJ but fact is, skin condition or not, he changed his whole appearance and became a white man/woman. That's as much as I know.

His medical activities were always kept under the rug, his skin condition was not brought up by him but the press. Now that he's dead, to speak ill of him is frowned upon, suddenly everyone is a MJ fan. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it was all a cover up but, without him giving explanations, and for a while he did deny having done a sole thing to himself. "At the end of the day" he turned white, end of the day/story.
Original post by ranbow99
Negging anyone that disagrees with you or has different opinions is pretty childish tbh.

I negged someone who claimed they knew better than someone who worked with MJ for 30 years. I negged their ignorance.
Guys chill...

Keep the peace. :cool:
I negged someone who claimed they knew better than someone who worked with MJ for 30 years. I negged their ignorance.

You negged me too :wink: to neg back or not to neg, that is the question...
He didn't have to do any of those things. He didn't have to make references to Malcolm X and and for his love of Africa and his hatred of the slavery days. Most the black pride lyrics in his worked were all but ignored.

So you're saying the fact that he stood up for equality is reason enough for him to be proud to be black. You're saying this as if he didnt want to be white as well :tongue: I think he probably did, a lot of his work wasn't essential or necessary...

So, when did you get to know him? Seeing as you seem to know him so well...

I'm not ignoring his skin condition. But he was changing his whole skin colour from the beginning. In the late 70's he was get lighter and lighter. He was not matching his white patches to his darker skin, but making his darker skin, become lighter.

If he was covering his skin patches like many people who have vitiligo do, he wouldn't of had lighter skin every album he released.

He looked the way he did because of surgery and skin bleaching.

Anyway, whether he is proud to be black or not was not what we were discussing but your brought it up. You seem adament that the only changes that have occured to Michael are purely to do with vitiligo

Of all the people I have met or seen with vitiligo, not one looked like Michael :colonhash: Michael could have been a positive role model for people with vitiligo, but instead he is more of a person to be embarrassed by and he hasn't helped the cause.

Do you know any people with vitiligo and have you ever asked them what their opinions of Michael Jackson are?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
:hi:

So back again. :smile: Why? :holmes:

Simply because I miss the thread. :smile:
I'm gonna be nicer from now on...:biggrin:
:hoppy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest