The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipoop
There's a difference between being proud of being white and acting out against racism, I'm sure he was proud of being black, I didn't know the man so my judgments/conclusions of him are fallible. That brings me to point, you didn't know the man either - as far as I'm aware - you can't base your opinions solely on what has been said of him. I know it sounds sinister and I might be demonising MJ but fact is, skin condition or not, he changed his whole appearance and became a white man/woman. That's as much as I know.

His medical activities were always kept under the rug, his skin condition was not brought up by him but the press. Now that he's dead, to speak ill of him is frowned upon, suddenly everyone is a MJ fan. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it was all a cover up but, without him giving explanations, and for a while he did deny having done a sole thing to himself. "At the end of the day" he turned white, end of the day/story.

I base my opinions based upon factual medical documents and things that people have said who worked for him for 30 years.
Reply 4221
Original post by tomclarky
He didn't have to do any of those things. He didn't have to make references to Malcolm X and and for his love of Africa and his hatred of the slavery days. Most the black pride lyrics in his worked were all but ignored.

1. Morphing into a black panther in one of his videos, a symbol of black pride.
2. The lyics "If Martin Luther was livin', he wouldn't let this be"
3. Donating $25 Million to the United Negro College Fund.
4. Portraying black people as kings and queens in the Remember The Time video
5. Often surrounded himself with civil rights activists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
6. Singing the line "The white man's gotta make a change" at the 1988 Grammies
7. The african musical influences in the songs "Wanna Be Startin Somethin" and "Liberian Girl"
8. The racist the graffitti that he smashes in the Black Or White video after signing against the KKK
9. His HIStory album is full of anti white establishment lyrics. "In the black, Stab me in the back, In the face, To lie and shame the race". "Tell me what has become of my rights, Am I invisible because you ignore me?, Your proclamation promised me free liberty"

Whatever, the man is dead, I haven't listen to one of his records in a while, end of story. I'm too old for this ****.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
x+3x2(x1)\int\frac{x+3}{x^2(x-1)}

Have fun with that Stevo, nice and easy to start :tongue:

:nope: :tongue: I said I'd help Rosa, not you :lol:

Spoiler

Tom Clarky or whatever your name is...

You've made me lose 4 points. I am not impressed. :unimpressed: :eviltongue:

I shall neg back because I'm immature :tongue:
Original post by Stevo F
:nope: :tongue: I said I'd help Rosa, not you :lol:

Spoiler

:lol: it's easy shiz :tongue:
Reply 4225
I base my opinions based upon factual medical documents and things that people have said who worked for him for 30 years.

Documents can be falsified, you'd be surprised how often it is done :rolleyes:. Anyhow, as I said, **** this ****, I'm too old.

His kids are fully Caucasians right? :confused:
Tom Clarky or whatever your name is...

You've made me lose 4 points. I am not impressed. :unimpressed: :eviltongue:

I shall neg back because I'm immature :tongue:

Il give you back 5 :tongue:
Original post by Malevolent

Hey there :flutter:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Epicurean
I'm not ignoring his skin condition. But he was changing his whole skin colour from the beginning. In the late 70's he was get lighter and lighter. He was not matching his white patches to his darker skin, but making his darker skin, become lighter.

If he was covering his skin patches like many people who have vitiligo do, he wouldn't of had lighter skin every album he released.

He looked the way he did because of surgery and skin bleaching.

Anyway, whether he is proud to be black or not was not what we were discussing but your brought it up. You seem adament that the only changes that have occured to Michael are purely to do with vitiligo

Of all the people I have met or seen with vitiligo, not one looked like Michael :colonhash: Michael could have been a positive role model for people with vitiligo, but instead he is more of a person to be embarrassed by and he hasn't helped the cause.

Do you know any people with vitiligo and have you ever asked them what their opinions of Michael Jackson are?

You're missing the point. When you see pictures of MJ and his skin gradually lightening you're not realising that the whole thing is makeup. By the early to mid 80's his whole face was having to be covered with makeup. I brought up the black pride thing to show you he had no reason to want to be white

Oh, thank you :h:

13 away from 5 gems, if you pos me I'll pos back with 5 gems :tongue: or if you're impatient you can have 4
Original post by ipoop
Documents can be falsified, you'd be surprised how often it is done :rolleyes:. Anyhow, as I said, **** this ****, I'm too old.

His kids are fully Caucasians right? :confused:

You're honestly stating his autopsy is falsified to say he had vitiligo? It's a meaningless piece of information relating to his death.

His kids look white because that is exactly what can happen when one parent is has pale skin and blonde hair. Just look at Rashida Jones, she looks white. And by the way, MJ's eldest son has vitiligo. That tells you that they are his kids.
Reply 4231
You're missing the point. When you see pictures of MJ and his skin gradually lightening you're not realising that the whole thing is makeup. By the early to mid 80's his whole face was having to be covered with makeup. I brought up the black pride thing to show you he had no reason to want to be white

Why do his kids look to have caucasian features. I mean, he is black after all, I can say the gene skipped a generation but for all of them? Look, he changed his skin, it doesn't make him a bad person, he had talent, that's one of the things he'll be remembered for, going from black to white will be on other things. Can we drop this **** now? I'M TOO OLD!!
Original post by ipoop
Whatever, the man is dead, I haven't listen to one of his records in a while, end of story. I'm too old for this ****.

Great reply. I guess you know better then?
Original post by This Honest

Oh hai... :tongue:

I never said he wanted to be white. Look back at my posts :colonhash: I merely stated that he bleached his skin and that is why he looked the way he did. Which you keep saying was because of Vitiligo. My friend had vitiligo, he looked nothing like Michael Jackson. In fact, he never believed Michael suffered from vitiligo :colonhash: What does that say?

Michael looks the way he did because he bleached his skin and had surgery. I don't see why you keep denying that...
Original post by ipoop
Why do his kids look to have caucasian features. I mean, he is black after all, I can say the gene skipped a generation but for all of them? Look, he changed his skin, it doesn't make him a bad person, he had talent, that's one of the things he'll be remembered for, going from black to white will be on other things. Can we drop this **** now? I'M TOO OLD!!

It's proven he had a very severe form of vitiligo whether you want to believe it or not.
Who +d me? :tongue:

3 away :party:
Who +d me? :tongue:

3 away :party:

I gave you one haha not sure who the other was aren't you a sub? :tongue:
Oh hai... :tongue:

You repped me? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4239
Oh, thank you :h:
13 away from 5 gems, if you pos me I'll pos back with 5 gems :tongue: or if you're impatient you can have 4

You had 6 from me also, you don't need to neg him. :h:
You're honestly stating his autopsy is falsified to say he had vitiligo? It's a meaningless piece of information relating to his death.

His kids look white because that is exactly what can happen when one parent is has pale skin and blonde hair. Just look at Rashida Jones, she looks white. And by the way, MJ's eldest son has vitiligo. That tells you that they are his kids.

You clearly have more facts than I do, I seem to go around in a circle. Frankly I never gave a **** about him changing colour and whatnot, if I did I would read on the facts by now. :dontknow: As zed just said, stop denying the fact that he still bleached his skin, this is going nowhere.

Great reply. I guess you know better then?

Your cockiness is miss-placed. :pierre:
(edited 11 years ago)