The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipoop
:nothing: I'm still adamant it's between Ireland or France. :redface:

Ireland... Probably :tongue:
Original post by ranbow99
Whaaa...why? :holmes:

Well you said if you can't afford it you earn it to send your kids to private schools, and I just said sometimes it isn't possible :dontknow:

I don't have a problem as such with them, I just think state schools can be just as good and parents who pay huge amounts for their children to go to private school seems a bit of a waste when they can send them to a perfectly fine state school.

Well you work hard to get unto a position where you can. And not settle for a low paying job, ALTHOUGH I don't think people should stress over sending a child to one.

That's up to the parents is it not?
I haven't read the previous threads. Are you lot on here for or against private schools and why?
Original post by CasualSoul
I haven't read the previous threads. Are you lot on here for or against private schools and why?

I'm neither for or against... I don't mind them being there and I don't mind their abolition...
Original post by This Honest
From MJ....to private schools.
I can't keep up guys :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeez, you should know by now that when I disagree with something, I wont hold back :colonhash:
Original post by The Epicurean
Jeez, you should know by now that when I disagree with something, I wont hold back :colonhash:

Well we're not being stupid or ignorant like the other guy so :wink:

Yeah, witnessed your bravery against the troll earlier today. :flutter:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm neither for or against... I don't mind them being there and I don't mind their abolition...

ohh right, is it something thats going on in the news about trying to abolish them or is this just a random debate people are having lOL
Reply 4407
Well you work hard to get unto a position where you can. And not settle for a low paying job, ALTHOUGH I don't think people should stress over sending a child to one.

Yea, I might end up rooting for Ireland. :tongue: I know England aren't winning jack so....
Whaaa...why? :holmes:
It's actually an old beef between Italians and French. I don't even know why, but Italy just beat France in the Rugby. :tongue:

Well you said if you can't afford it you earn it to send your kids to private schools, and I just said sometimes it isn't possible :dontknow:

I don't have a problem as such with them, I just think state schools can be just as good and parents who pay huge amounts for their children to go to private school seems a bit of a waste when they can send them to a perfectly fine state school.

The problem is though, most of the parents that send their kids to private school do not trust state schools, that is essentially where teh problem lies. Why risk sending your kid to a school you aren't sure of for free when you can pay for the assurance that his education is in good hands. Blaming them/complaining for wanting the best for their children is uncalled for imo. The problem lies within the education system itself, better teachers all around, a stronger curriculum is needed imo.
Righty ho houdinis
Original post by CasualSoul
ohh right, is it something thats going on in the news about trying to abolish them or is this just a random debate people are having lOL

Someone randomly mentioned it.

Then I posted.
People replied :tongue:
But in reality that doesn't work, no matter how hard some parents work, their salaries will never be enough to send their children to private school, whilst having enough money left over for everything else.

Plus there are some great state schools out there and not every parent needs to send their child to a private school to get a good education.

But in state schools, the teachers don't indoctrinate their students how to not be c*nts, unlike in private schools where the kids seem to be taught how to act 'gentlemanly'. So us poor non-privileged people who want to do well in life usually have to go through hardships such as being endlessly bullied by chavs and neanderthals, which makes us depressed, and effectively disturbs our academic learning, unlike the rest of you lucky sods.

I went to a 'good' state school. Yet I still picked up the typical viruses such social anxiety, severe loss of self-esteem, feeling like a total outcast, and unrequited love. There's no point in denying that it doesn't matter how 'great' some state schools are, they f*cking suck compared to grammar, private and public schools. But at least you can feel like a bit of a hero once you make it to a 'decent' university. :smile:

However, now that I am at a 'decent' university, I'm having trouble fitting in, because it's mostly dominated by elite pr*cks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah, witnessed your bravery against the troll earlier today. :flutter:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently I am the troll >_<

Well we're not being stupid or ignorant like the other guy so :wink:

I got mass neg repped for my opinions of Private schools hence why I try to hold back. There are a large amount of private school kids on TSR who are more than likely to defend their private education. Hence for me it is a losing battle. So to avoid gettign harrangued, I prefer to avoid discussions of it.
Original post by ipoop
Yea, I might end up rooting for Ireland. :tongue: I know England aren't winning jack so....

I'd hope not :tongue:

:erm: were you educated in France at all!
Apparently I am the troll >_<

I got mass neg repped for my opinions of Private schools hence why I try to hold back. There are a large amount of private school kids on TSR who are more than likely to defend their private education. Hence for me it is a losing battle. So to avoid gettign harrangued, I prefer to avoid discussions of it.

Well I'd never neg you :tongue:

The private schoolers on here probably are dicks... Who.think theyre better than people... But yeah :dontknow:

But not everyone can have a high paying job, there is always going to be a demand for low paying jobs. Plus even parents with average paying jobs often can't afford to send their kids to private school whilst having financial security.

Don't get me started on boarding schools though :colonhash:
Reply 4415
Original post by JamesTheCool
But in state schools, the teachers don't indoctrinate their students how to not be c*nts, unlike in private schools where the kids seem to be taught how to act 'gentlemanly'. So us poor non-privileged sods who want to do well in life usually have to go through hardships such as being bullied by the chavs and neanderthals, which makes us depressed, and effectively disturbs our academic learning.

I went to a 'good' state school. Yet I still picked up the typical viruses such social anxiety, severe loss of self-esteem, feeling like a total outcast, and unrequited love. There's no point in denying that compared to grammar, private, and public schools, state schools are complete dumps. But at least you get to feel like something of a hero once you make it to a 'decent' university. :smile:

But now that I am at a 'decent' university, I don't fit in there either, because it's mostly full of stuck-up private schooled kids! **** you life...

And you think private schools do not have bullies? It's not good to generalise you know, just because you might have met one or two stuck up kids from a private school doesn't mean all of them share the same characteristics. That's where the problem is in the first place, you act all but hurt and complain about them being slobs and they return the favour by acting like slobs and look down upon you. :pierre:
But not everyone can have a high paying job, there is always going to be a demand in low paying jobs. Plus even parents with average paying jobs often can't afford to send their kids to private school whilst having financial security.

Don't get me started on boarding schools though :colonhash:

Entrepreneurs... Self employed :tongue: no limits to money there...

In an ideal world, there should be tests taken by every student in all their life stages ie.

Year 2
Year 6
Year 9
Year 11

To see if they should be funded by the government. And if they're legible they have the choice to move, I'm saying choice because if I was paid for to attend private schools I wouldn't.go now :tongue:

Go ahead :mmm:
Well I'd never neg you :tongue:

The private schoolers on here probably are dicks... Who.think theyre better than people... But yeah :dontknow:

I know a few private schoolers and they are far from dicks.
Untitled (former poster on here) goes to a private school and she isn't a dick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4418
I'd hope not :tongue:

:erm: were you educated in France at all!

Yea, so much harder than here, by miles. My brother is actually joining Le Lycee Francais Charles De Guales next school year. :smile:
I know a few private schoolers and they are far from dicks.
Untitled (former poster on here) goes to a private school and she isn't a dick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm by no means saying they all are, just saying some can be. But then there are many dicks in state schools too...

Latest