The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipoop
Yea, so much harder than here, by miles. My brother is actually joining Le Lycee Francais Charles De Guales next school year. :smile:

Do you like their system better?
Original post by JamesTheCool
But in state schools, the teachers don't indoctrinate their students how to not be c*nts, unlike in private schools where the kids seem to be taught how to act 'gentlemanly'. So us poor non-privileged sods who want to do well in life usually have to go through hardships such as being bullied by chavs and neanderthals, which makes us depressed, and effectively disturbs our academic learning.

I went to a 'good' state school. Yet I still picked up the typical viruses such social anxiety, severe loss of self-esteem, feeling like a total outcast, and unrequited love. There's no point in denying that compared to grammar, private, and public schools, state schools are complete dumps. But at least you get to feel like something of a hero once you make it to a 'decent' university. :smile:

But now that I am at a 'decent' university, I don't fit in there either, because it's mostly full of stuck-up, elite, intimidating private schooled kids! :yikes:

Sorry to hear you had a bad time, tbh I didn't really feel like that, I mean there were people I didn't like and complete morons, but they didn't bother me. You get that in all areas of life unfortunately, even in private schools there are going to be ****ish people. You hear of stories where their parents have paid thousands of pounds for their child to be privately educated, then they rebel against the system and leave with hardly any qualifications. Same happens in state schools, but the difference is the amount of money their parents have wasted on sending their child to a private school.

:console: Surely they can't all be like that though?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Entrepreneurs... Self employed :tongue: no limits to money there...

In an ideal world, there should be tests taken by every student in all their life stages ie.

Year 2
Year 6
Year 9
Year 11

To see if they should be funded by the government. And if they're legible they have the choice to move, I'm saying choice because if I was paid for to attend private schools I wouldn't.go now :tongue:

Go ahead :mmm:

A lot of small businesses set up by entrepreneurs fail within their first year though, although there are openings for self-employment, many people don't have the resources or the drive to do that :dontknow:

Tbh I wouldn't either haha, especially not an all girls school :no:
Original post by ranbow99
A lot of small businesses set up by entrepreneurs fail within their first year though, although there are openings for self-employment, many people don't have the resources or the drive to do that :dontknow:

I have a business plan or two :mmm: did you know I invented Blankets with Sleeves AND wireless phone charging...

Just couldn't set it up, now.look where they are :frown:

All the bitches, I like.being mixed
Someone randomly mentioned it.

Then I posted.
People replied :tongue:

:rolleyes: LOL
^ has a lovely username. :h:
private schools meh I would rather go through the hardship
Reply 4427
Do you like their system better?

TBH I would have loved to carry on with the French curriculum I grew up looking forward to taking my Bac when I was 18. I saw my cousins and uncles sweating during their last year, having a lot nights with a cup of coffee studying their arses off and I was really looking forward to that, when I came here, everything seemed so different, it seemed easy and a bit dumbed down. And teachers were so patronising to me, just because I don't speak the lingo doesn't make me an idiot. :rant:
I have a business plan or two :mmm: did you know I invented Blankets with Sleeves AND wireless phone charging...

Just couldn't set it up, now.look where they are :frown:

All the bitches, I like.being mixed

You can say that again !its so much better being in a mixed school than single sex . Its not realistic and then if you've been in a single sexed school for too long and not been around the opposite sex for example if you go to one of those schools but never go to parties or aren't around the opposite sex alot you when you start having to work with people who are the opposite gender you feel a bit anxious/ uncomfrotable when you shouldnt
I am eating something that I know I shouldn't and I know I will regret :facepalm: why because I don't know
Original post by ipoop
TBH I would have loved to carry on with the French curriculum I grew up looking forward to taking my Bac when I was 18. I saw my cousins and uncles sweating during their last year, having a lot nights with a cup of coffee studying their arses off and I was really looking forward to that, when I came here, everything seemed so different, it seemed easy and a bit dumbed down. And teachers were so patronising to me, just because I don't speak the lingo doesn't make me an idiot. :rant:

Aah, I see :console:

If it makes you feel any better, people think I'm an idiot when they meet me at first :smile:

I even got called things and was treated unfairly by the head of discipline or whatever... Then he said I'm going to put you into groups based on ability, then he saw my stuff and I was like...

Shouldn't judge a book by its cover:wink:
Reply 4431

I have a male friend that attended an all girls' boarding school. :rofl:
Original post by ipoop

:toofunny: How did he manage that?! :lolwut:
Original post by ipoop

Now that Is something you read it in books how did he manage it
Reply 4434
:toofunny: How did he manage that?! :lolwut:

Well, the school was an all female boarding school but the year he was joining was when they decided to become a unisex college. Not many male pupils joined, it was/is a fabulous school though, hard to get in but female to male ratio was 90:10 or something like that. :rofl: He's told me of so many tales. :moon: Why could it not be me. :sigh:
Original post by ipoop
Well, the school was an all female boarding school but the year he was joining was when they decided to become a unisex college. Not many male pupils joined, it was/is a fabulous school though, hard to get in but female to male ratio was 90:10 or something like that. :rofl: He's told me of so many tales. :moon: Why could it not be me. :sigh:

Lol! Every guy's dream :mmm:

Also have you seen Zed's sig? :colondollar:
Is he a transexual ipoop?
Reply 4437
Lol! Every guy's dream :mmm:

Also have you seen Zed's sig? :colondollar:

My dream. :moon: No, he's asked me for inspiration, I'm working on it. :mmm:
Original post by The Mad Dog
Is he a transexual ipoop?

No, heterosexual male. :moon:
Original post by ipoop
My dream. :moon: No, he's asked me for inspiration, I'm working on it. :mmm:

No, heterosexual male. :moon:

I was the one who told him to do an ipoop shrine, but he never came to me for inspiration :unimpressed:
Would anyone object to me using "TheSmiths" account again?

Latest