The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otrivine
Anyone started revision for summer exams?

Hey Otrivine... nice to see you on the Pakistani soc. thread. :biggrin:
Original post by Future_Dr
Hey Otrivine... nice to see you on the Pakistani soc. thread. :biggrin:

how are you?

want to revise liver and kidneys

how are you?

want to revise liver and kidneys

naa./ I haven't studied it yet. I only did respiration. how about, nerves and impusle?
Reply 6523
Original post by AlligatorSky
If you've got them here, I don't see the need to go find girls there too. Go there and do what you're actually supposed to be doing, which is attending the wedding. :tongue:

Never know, I could get lucky innit :tongue:

and I might not go if I don't think it's safe enough :laugh:

btw, are you a freshie? :biggrin:
naa./ I haven't studied it yet. I only did respiration. how about, nerves and impusle?

have not done that yet! today I finished the whole kidney chapter then I am doing photosynthesis :smile:

Hows revision going, tell me how did u revise for F215 its so stressful and takes like 1 hour for me on each page :frown:
Original post by Revent
Never know, I could get lucky innit :tongue:

and I might not go if I don't think it's safe enough :laugh:

btw, are you a freshie? :biggrin:

It is saaafe!
Do I look dead to you?

If by freshie you mean new to England and a person who doesn't get half the words you guys say, then yes I am. :smile:
Peeling skin from around your nails... Hurts like shizz

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6527
It is saaafe!
Do I look dead to you?

If by freshie you mean new to England and a person who doesn't get half the words you guys say, then yes I am. :smile:

Well, you might've gotten lucky :erm:

and do you have that funny accent? :tongue:
Original post by Revent
Well, you might've gotten lucky :erm:

and do you have that funny accent? :tongue:

No I'm not lucky. Pakistan is not as bad as you think it is.

Nope, I have an American accent.
Reply 6529
No I'm not lucky. Pakistan is not as bad as you think it is.

Nope, I have an American accent.

Whereabouts in Pakistan were you? :tongue:

and cool!! I don't have an American accent anymore :frown: I have a slight tinge of it though.
have not done that yet! today I finished the whole kidney chapter then I am doing photosynthesis :smile:

Hows revision going, tell me how did u revise for F215 its so stressful and takes like 1 hour for me on each page :frown:

just work through... I found that some topics you don't really require much greater knowledge. Just look at the spec.. it's a big module and you won't be ask on everything.

Also most of the topics interlink with each other as you will soon find out as you progress. Good luckl
Reply 6531
Original post by moonietoot
Peeling skin from around your nails... Hurts like shizz

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Heyyy!!!! :hi:
Original post by Revent

and cool!! I don't have an American accent anymore :frown: I have a slight tinge of it though.

I heard the ones in America are much more successful and liberal than the ones in the UK, is this true?
just work through... I found that some topics you don't really require much greater knowledge. Just look at the spec.. it's a big module and you won't be ask on everything.

Also most of the topics interlink with each other as you will soon find out as you progress. Good luckl

But for some points you keep saying why does this happen and why? my brain says why but I do not know if we have to know all of it
Reply 6534
Original post by Phantom Lord
I heard the ones in America are much more success and liberal than the ones in the UK, is this true?

I was the only Muslim in my school (of 900) when I was there so don't know :tongue:
Original post by Revent
Whereabouts in Pakistan were you? :tongue:

Islamabad. :smile:

I'm glad I haven't lost my accent. I don't like the British accent, it does sound nice sometimes though.
Original post by Revent
I was the only Muslim in my school (of 900) when I was there so don't know :tongue:

Ah right. But I was reading a while back that Pakistanis in the US are the 2nd highest educated community after Indians. Much different to the UK.
Reply 6537
Original post by Phantom Lord
Ah right. But I was reading a while back that Pakistanis in the US are the 2nd highest educated community after Indians. Much different to the UK.

I was there last year and I stayed at my uncles. I can't say much from my experience there because his son has ADHD. I would guess that it has to do with the fact that there are a lot more medical schools in the UK :tongue: Plus, from my experience, life in the states revolves around work. So people like my dad who is a taxi driver have to work their asses off to make enough money to feed the family. I guess that in itself drives kids to try to escape that future whereas here, once you leave school and decide to not go to uni, you can claim JSA, live off benefits and enjoy a reasonable life which doesn't happen there.

Islamabad. :smile:

I'm glad I haven't lost my accent. I don't like the British accent, it does sound nice sometimes though.

Ah okay, so do you do GCSE's, A Levels or something? :smile:

Whereabouts in USA did you live? :smile:
Original post by Revent

Ah okay, so do you do GCSE's, A Levels or something? :smile:

Whereabouts in USA did you live? :smile:

I'm in A2. 145 more days to go. :biggrin:

California. :cool:
Reply 6539
I'm in A2. 145 more days to go. :biggrin:

California. :cool:

Ooh nice! What you doing at uni? :smile: