The Student Room Group

German A-Level

I've posted this before but I just wanted to mention something for A-Level German students which will help with final A2 exams or AS exams this year!
It is a German A-Level revision course in Berlin in the Easter holidays. :biggrin:
I'm hoping to go on this course and I just wanted to tell anyone studying A-Level German about it and to encourage them to go!!! :smile:

http://www.cesalanguages.com/a-level...courses/german
Reply 1
oh wow this looks quite good! :smile: My spoken is definitely worse than my written so this would be useful, don't know if I've got the time at easter though...
Reply 2
Original post by emma2013
oh wow this looks quite good! :smile: My spoken is definitely worse than my written so this would be useful, don't know if I've got the time at easter though...

Are you doing AS or A2 German? :smile: Yes, same here, my speaking is not so good, but I also need a lot of help with the grammar! I hope this course helps haha
Reply 3
Original post by eat146
Are you doing AS or A2 German? :smile: Yes, same here, my speaking is not so good, but I also need a lot of help with the grammar! I hope this course helps haha

I'm doing A2, you? I really hope I can go on this! :smile:
Reply 4
I'm doing A2, you? I really hope I can go on this! :smile:

I'm doing A2 too :biggrin: what exam board are you doing? Yeah it would be good if more people went!! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by eat146
I'm doing A2 too :biggrin: what exam board are you doing? Yeah it would be good if more people went!! :smile:

I'm on WJEC for some weird reason, you?
I've just realised that this trip is actually the week I go back to school so I need to go beg my head of year for a week out... :colone:
Reply 6
Original post by eat146
I've posted this before but I just wanted to mention something for A-Level German students which will help with final A2 exams or AS exams this year!
It is a German A-Level revision course in Berlin in the Easter holidays. :biggrin:
I'm hoping to go on this course and I just wanted to tell anyone studying A-Level German about it and to encourage them to go!!! :smile:

http://www.cesalanguages.com/a-level...courses/german

Thank You :smile: I never knew about this, I've been enlightened. Seriously wow, really motivated in this subject.
Reply 7
Original post by ~Wiggle
Thank You :smile: I never knew about this, I've been enlightened. Seriously wow, really motivated in this subject.

No problem! :biggrin:
I also have a cousin who is going to Germany this summer to improve on what she is learning during her A levels. She is going with Sprachcaffe Language Plus who I believe are really well respected in Germany. She got the name off a friend in the year above her who studied with them in Dussledorf. My cousin is going to Frankfurt, I'm hoping to visit her in the summer as I've never been. Hopefully she will be able to speak enough German for both of us as I don't know any :P

Original post by eat146
Reply 9
Original post by MelanieScott
I also have a cousin who is going to Germany this summer to improve on what she is learning during her A levels. She is going with Sprachcaffe Language Plus who I believe are really well respected in Germany. She got the name off a friend in the year above her who studied with them in Dussledorf. My cousin is going to Frankfurt, I'm hoping to visit her in the summer as I've never been. Hopefully she will be able to speak enough German for both of us as I don't know any :P

ah thats so cool! I think I've heard of this school before but I didn't know they do 18-21 classes!! :biggrin: so is your cousin taking a gap year sort of thing with them? I'd like to maybe go to Germany for a gap year after my A Levels this year and learn more of the language, so I'd consider this school :smile:
Reply 10
I'm on WJEC for some weird reason, you?
I've just realised that this trip is actually the week I go back to school so I need to go beg my head of year for a week out... :colone:

I'm doing WJEC as well! :tongue: What are you doing for your expose and also for the essay? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by SaFa1237
I'm doing WJEC as well! :tongue: What are you doing for your expose and also for the essay? :smile:

i'm doing Die verlorene Ehre von Katharina Blum for my expose and Der Vorleser for the essay :smile: we've also been taught the film Goodbye Lenin and will be doing Die Fetten Jahre sind vorbei because our teachers wanted us to have lots of choice
Original post by eat146
ah thats so cool! I think I've heard of this school before but I didn't know they do 18-21 classes!! :biggrin: so is your cousin taking a gap year sort of thing with them? I'd like to maybe go to Germany for a gap year after my A Levels this year and learn more of the language, so I'd consider this school :smile:

Hi eat146, sorry for the late reply. No, she is not doing an entire gap year, she is just going for two months during the summer and staying with a German host family. If you are interested in doing a gap year then the this company offer gap years in Berlin http://www.learningtraveller.com/gap-year_berlin.asp. But Sprachcaffe Languages Plus offer courses of an unlimited time period so you could choose between Frankfurt and Dusseldorf with them.

Hope that helps! And doing a year abroad is a brilliant idea, it's the only way to really grasp a language fully in my opinion :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by MelanieScott
Hi eat146, sorry for the late reply. No, she is not doing an entire gap year, she is just going for two months during the summer and staying with a German host family. If you are interested in doing a gap year then the this company offer gap years in Berlin http://www.learningtraveller.com/gap-year_berlin.asp. But Sprachcaffe Languages Plus offer courses of an unlimited time period so you could choose between Frankfurt and Dusseldorf with them.

Hope that helps! And doing a year abroad is a brilliant idea, it's the only way to really grasp a language fully in my opinion :smile:

Hey!! Oh okay that sounds fun! I've actually done a german course last summer in Berlin for 2 weeks and it helped a lot with grasping the language, so 2 months would be great! And I think you're right that the only way to learn it fluently is to be in the country for a long period of time! :smile: Thanks a lot for the links, I will definitely look into them :biggrin:
Reply 14
i'm doing Die verlorene Ehre von Katharina Blum for my expose and Der Vorleser for the essay :smile: we've also been taught the film Goodbye Lenin and will be doing Die Fetten Jahre sind vorbei because our teachers wanted us to have lots of choice

Hey! How have you or are you going to revise for Der Vorleser? :smile: I'm struggling with it and I'm dreading the essay question!! :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by eat146
Hey! How have you or are you going to revise for Der Vorleser? :smile: I'm struggling with it and I'm dreading the essay question!! :frown:

Der Vorleser actually makes me want to stamp my foot and sulk I can't bring myself to start revising it! I'm going to read through the book again (english translation aha, the german will take too much time and effort) and make notes on the characters and key themes as I go through. Probably make notes on Michael, Hanna, Michael's family and friends and for the themes guilt, truth/lies, education, love and relationships. Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending