The Student Room Group

Boots interview tomorrow- extra tips?

Hey,

I know there are various threads for boots interviews and tips etc, and I have looked through most of them, but still just a few more questions which I'm not sure about, and really need some ideas... (interview is tomorrow!)

It's just for a sales assistant position....

- What can you bring to Boots?

(What sort of stuff do they want to hear/look for- is it mostly quality traits or things you can do etc... I can only think of simple standard things like a positive attitude, friendly and approachable manner at all times, hard-work, dedication etc)

- Name a time you dealt with a challenge
(does it have to be employment related?)

If anyone has had a recent interview with boots and has any more tips to share pleaseee pleaseee do let me knoww... need this job soooo badly, my bank is now sending me repayment reminderss :-s

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey,
I hope you got the job, for anyone who needs any tips for a boots interview, i had one today and i got alot of tips off this site but also learn some good things today,

I had a one to one interview and i had to wait for the store manager to come back down to talk to me, he gave me a pad and pen to write down stuff about the store but i wasnt sure what exactly he ment of what i had to write so...

I went around and wrote down where the store needing tidying, the stock to be pulled forward, where it needed to be re-stocked, where any missed ticket prices were, i went to find a missing ticket and found that where they had a special buy 1 get 1 free they didnt say how much it was n dat always happens to me so i wrote it down,

I didnt want him to think i was insulting his store so i wrote down where it was tidy, the deals they had where they were etc, that they promoted there advantage card well, the interview went really well,
he asked a few questions about why boots i said my neighbour works for boots n loves it which is true etc but u can lie if u wanna lol,

I turned up 30 mins early not on purpose but it showed him that i was good with time, i wasnt asked to sell shampoo to him but this is more of a pharmacy store and not a very big store so it might be different if you applied to work in a bigger store.

good luck everyone

hope it helped
Boots interview soon - extra tips?

hey,

I am expecting Kaytee and pingu, you both got a job.

well, I got an interview date of this coming Monday for the designation of Customer Assistant in one of the boot store. I was advised on telephone that it would be a floor assessment. I am really really scared as i never went to any interview before. it gonna be ma first interview , so quite nervous. If anyone has had a recent interview with boots and has any tips to discuss. It would be greatly appreciated.

plzzzzzz help me out.

Warm regards,
waiting for early response!
i just have had a interview for customer assistant yesterday for the stratford westfield branch. they told me in gonna take 30 minutes but they took 55 minutes. the lady who took the interview was great, very friendly. but i was actually a little bit stunned as i didnt find anything what i saw in the student room threads. i will try to memorise what happened, she took me to a room and start asking questions straight down. introducing myself to her, where do i work what are my duties, explaining her a situation when i believe i provided a exellent customer service, then a question was like this that i bought something before which i like and i recommended to somebody else to buy that, i think she wanted to know how much product knowledge am i interested to get in myself. then she showed me what are the available shifts, there were two more questions as well but i cant remember clearly. then she took me to the shop floor and standing in front of a shelf she showed me that, i am working in around this shelf and u saw a customer just took a product in hand and put it back, what would u think and how would u response? then a question was an elderly lady is in hospital who is your relative, u have come to boots to buy something for her, what would you think u could get for her from boots.(my answer was totally crap, couldnt answer properly) but dont be upset if you cant answer something properly just be positive that u will do great. then she told me to think about a cosmetics which i use regularly, i showed her a cream from clinique and then she ask me what are the good aspects of this product, how would i recommend it to somebody else, if i saw a lady with some kids how would i promote this 14 pound cream to her as it could be quite expensive for her. after this part she took me to the no 7 brand desk. then she showed me a anti ageing hand cream , she told me details about the n0 7 brand and told me to understand the product and promote it to the customers, but its not necessary to sell. so i read properly and then start taking to some elderly customers and tried to do great customer service. and there was some other questions on the shop floor as well after that. like how would you understand a customer needs help? showing some customers in the aisle she was asking who do you think needs help etc. it was a great experience , but good news that i got the job , they called me today for a beauty advisor position.:biggrin:
Reply 4
I went to my interview 10 minutes early, the interviewer who is also the store manager took me to small room and asked some of the basic questions
What can you bring to the job?',
Tell me a time you dealt with a challenge',
How would you deal with a aggravated customer'
Tell me about yourself?
Why did you choose the job in boots?
What do you know about Boots?
What are strengths and weaknesses?
Name a time when you went out of your way to help someone
Name a time when you have learnt from your mistake
What different techniques would you use to maximise sales.
The interview went well now I got job in boots.
Reply 5
Original post by Hmmm123
I went to my interview 10 minutes early, the interviewer who is also the store manager took me to small room and asked some of the basic questions
What can you bring to the job?',
Tell me a time you dealt with a challenge',
How would you deal with a aggravated customer'
Tell me about yourself?
Why did you choose the job in boots?
What do you know about Boots?
What are strengths and weaknesses?
Name a time when you went out of your way to help someone
Name a time when you have learnt from your mistake
What different techniques would you use to maximise sales.
The interview went well now I got job in boots.

Hi. Today I had my interview and now I'm waiting for an answer. I had the same questions. Could u tell me please, did u have an assessment on the shop floor or was it only questions? I had only questions and it was strange for me:/
Reply 6
Original post by vilmutia
Hi. Today I had my interview and now I'm waiting for an answer. I had the same questions. Could u tell me please, did u have an assessment on the shop floor or was it only questions? I had only questions and it was strange for me:/

hey, what store was it and what were the questions? :smile: xx
Reply 7
Original post by S-Angel
hey, what store was it and what were the questions? :smile: xx

hi :smile: The questions were the same like Hmmm123 wrote :smile: I was talking a lot about my experience and I didn't have an assessment on the shop floor :/
Reply 8
Hi :smile: I have an interview for Boots on wednesday, i was just wondering what kinda answers you think they might be looking for??
Reply 9
Original post by hector_blade
i just have had a interview for customer assistant yesterday for the stratford westfield branch. they told me in gonna take 30 minutes but they took 55 minutes. the lady who took the interview was great, very friendly. but i was actually a little bit stunned as i didnt find anything what i saw in the student room threads. i will try to memorise what happened, she took me to a room and start asking questions straight down. introducing myself to her, where do i work what are my duties, explaining her a situation when i believe i provided a exellent customer service, then a question was like this that i bought something before which i like and i recommended to somebody else to buy that, i think she wanted to know how much product knowledge am i interested to get in myself. then she showed me what are the available shifts, there were two more questions as well but i cant remember clearly. then she took me to the shop floor and standing in front of a shelf she showed me that, i am working in around this shelf and u saw a customer just took a product in hand and put it back, what would u think and how would u response? then a question was an elderly lady is in hospital who is your relative, u have come to boots to buy something for her, what would you think u could get for her from boots.(my answer was totally crap, couldnt answer properly) but dont be upset if you cant answer something properly just be positive that u will do great. then she told me to think about a cosmetics which i use regularly, i showed her a cream from clinique and then she ask me what are the good aspects of this product, how would i recommend it to somebody else, if i saw a lady with some kids how would i promote this 14 pound cream to her as it could be quite expensive for her. after this part she took me to the no 7 brand desk. then she showed me a anti ageing hand cream , she told me details about the n0 7 brand and told me to understand the product and promote it to the customers, but its not necessary to sell. so i read properly and then start taking to some elderly customers and tried to do great customer service. and there was some other questions on the shop floor as well after that. like how would you understand a customer needs help? showing some customers in the aisle she was asking who do you think needs help etc. it was a great experience , but good news that i got the job , they called me today for a beauty advisor position.:biggrin:

Ive got an inteview Friday for a no7 beauty advisor position, do you still work there? Do you enjoy the job and what was the pay? Xx
Reply 10
When did they tell u you got the job ? How many days later ?
Hi,

Is it set days in boots?

What is the hourly rate for Wales?

I know most places have had a pay rise since the nmw went up.

Hate bringing up pay in a interview:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Someone had an interview in Westfield White City? If yes please tell me something about the questions.. Thanks!

Quick Reply