The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMagicRat
Looks like I'll be going with the general view here since I'm going with Ravens by 3.

Well, for most of the match I never expected to be right.

-------------

I can't believe Ravens didn't take the FG early in the game.

I wasn't expecting such a high scoring game.

Jones was a beast.

Phenomenal blitz by Ravens on 49ers final play.

Original post by Tokyoround
The judge/jury are always right are they? Lack of hard evidence does not equal innocent.

No but there's a reason why the law works the way it does. It's there first and foremost to protect the innocent, not condemn the guilty.
Original post by TheMagicRat

I can't believe Ravens didn't take the FG early in the game.

They should have defintely taken the field goal, but I guess the superbowl/postseason in general, is where trick plays come out. Self-imposed safety was a bit douchey though. I understand why they did it but I would have ran a flea flicker or something :tongue:
Original post by Tokyoround
They should have defintely taken the field goal, but I guess the superbowl/postseason in general, is where trick plays come out. Self-imposed safety was a bit douchey though. I understand why they did it but I would have ran a flea flicker or something :tongue:

Without the safety my prediction wouldn't have been bang on, so it was the best safety ever :tongue: Time seemed to stand still. 49ers were so slow getting to the punter, although there was some good blocking as well.
Reply 5283
In other news, I won the TSR playoff league!

tsr.jpg

Only a few of us actually trying, but a win is a win nevertheless :tongue:
Referees were extremely lax in the game. Should have been 2 ejections and Ravens got away with a lot of holding. Not too sure about that no PI call though with Crabtree.
Juicy SB last night :biggrin: roll on next years!
Amazed how quickly the tide turned after the black out. Jacoby Jones should have got MVP.
Such a great Superbowl. Wanted 49ers to complete the greatest comeback in history, but alas, great win.
Original post by dgeorge
So who you got? :tongue:

Well. Here I am. After all my rationalising, you were proved right. I concede.
well boys and girls. it seems like all the fun and games have passed us bye. it is now time for us to reffect on the mistakes we made during the season and go into hibernation until next season
Reply 5290
Original post by emobambam
well boys and girls. it seems like all the fun and games have passed us bye. it is now time for us to reffect on the mistakes we made during the season and go into hibernation until next season

Well, at least hibernation until Draft Day! Shame the draft is pretty unremarkable unlike last years star studded cast.
Original post by Wattsy
Well, at least hibernation until Draft Day! Shame the draft is pretty unremarkable unlike last years star studded cast.

Can't wait for to 2014 draft class. That class is so stacked...

Gronk falling on his arm as well... :facepalm:
Original post by Authority_Song
Well. Here I am. After all my rationalising, you were proved right. I concede.

It's nice that you conceded....even though you waited until after the fact :tongue:
Original post by dgeorge
It's nice that you conceded....even though you waited until after the fact :tongue:

Well results don't tend to lie haha
Original post by Malevolent
Jacoby Jones should have got MVP.

I agree.
Original post by Malevolent
Amazed how quickly the tide turned after the black out. Jacoby Jones should have got MVP.

Disagree, he had two great plays but that is it. Flacco was flawless in the first half, make some ridiculous (sometimes lucky) throws all game long and drove the Ravens to those two crucial field goals in the fourth quarter even when the sky was falling down around them.

3 TDs and no picks is an MVP performance for a QB. Had Jones caught a few more balls he may have been an MVP candidate, but given Flacco was on the other end of them it would have just further bolstered his case too.
Reply 5297

Gronk's life could be chronicled by Hollywood it's that ridiculous!
Being paid to boink :laugh:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i

Belichick and Pats PR wouldn't let him I imagine. There's probably clauses in his contract preventing him from appearing/performing professionally (depending on how the film is made, it would likely be deemed professional) without the teams permission.

Latest