The Student Room Group

foundation course for Law Which is better, UCL or KCL?

Hello!
I have an offer from both UPCH (UCL) and IFP(KCL).
But I can't decide which to go though I have to pay deposit within 2 weeks.

Is there anyone who went through those programmes (especially for law)?
Can you give me some advice, please?

I want to progress to LSE after the course.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
what on earth is this?
Reply 2
Original post by manty
what on earth is this?

Hello.
This is the course especially for international students who want to study in the UK.

UPCH(UCL):
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/preparatory-certificates/upch

IFP(King's):
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/elc/study/ifp/index.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I'd say choose KCL. As far as I've seen, after UPCH, even UCL doesn't give offer to any of its own students. I have the same plan as yours, LLB degree at LSE and I have an offer from IFP at KCL, so I think I'll go there!
Reply 4
Original post by naberbenbegum
Hello! I'd say choose KCL. As far as I've seen, after UPCH, even UCL doesn't give offer to any of its own students. I have the same plan as yours, LLB degree at LSE and I have an offer from IFP at KCL, so I think I'll go there!

Hello!
Thank you for the reply!

But I've already paid nearly 14,000 pounds to UPCH, so I can't change where I study anymore!

By the way, I'm happy to hear that you want to progress to LSE Law as well.

Have you decided to go to IFP at KCL?
Original post by ukut428
Hello!
Thank you for the reply!

But I've already paid nearly 14,000 pounds to UPCH, so I can't change where I study anymore!

By the way, I'm happy to hear that you want to progress to LSE Law as well.

Have you decided to go to IFP at KCL?

Yes, now it's certain.:smile: I'm just a bit freaked out cause I e-mailed KCL and they said that the number of their IFP students who achieve progressing into KCL law is very very low.
Reply 6
m frm India..At present doing graduation in B.A...I want to study LLB in UK bt the thng is my xii(A level) grades were poor :frown: thts why if i apply nw it is unlikely tht i will get an offer frm any good UK Universities..so the only option i hv is the IFP...can someone please tell me that doing an IFP frm whch University will be better?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Yes, now it's certain.:smile: I'm just a bit freaked out cause I e-mailed KCL and they said that the number of their IFP students who achieve progressing into KCL law is very very low.

Oh, really!?
Sounds like progress to law from foundation courses is difficult wherever we go. (Maybe that's because law is very popular in the UK.)

One of my friends studying at a foundation course for law in England says entring law is very difficult and thus she is going to major in international relations so she could have an opportunity to study international law.

Anyway we should do our best:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by rt15
m frm India..At present doing graduation in B.A...I want to study LLB in UK bt the thng is my xii(A level) grades were poor :frown: thts why if i apply nw it is unlikely tht i will get an offer frm any good UK Universities..so the only option i hv is the IFP...can someone please tell me that doing an IFP frm whch University will be better?

Hello!
Did you take A-levels?
If so, I'm afraid you can't enter some foundation courses because UPCH and KCL IFP say they don't consider the students who have taken A-levels.

Maybe you should ask each uni whether you can study there or not.
Reply 9
Original post by ukut428
Hello!Did you take A-levels?If so, I'm afraid you can't enter some foundation courses because UPCH and KCL IFP say they don't consider the students who have taken A-levels.Maybe you should ask each uni whether you can study there or not.
No i didnt..i hv passed my country's school final exam(equivlnt to A level)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by rt15
No i didnt..i hv passed my country's school final exam(equivlnt to A level)

Well… they say,

"If your school qualification does not entitle you to enter directly onto a UCL undergraduate degree programme you may apply to UPC."(UPCH Frequently Asked Questions)
Reply 11
Original post by ukut428
Well… they say,"If your school qualification does not entitle you to enter directly onto a UCL undergraduate degree programme you may apply to UPC."(UPCH Frequently Asked Questions)
may i knw what are the entry requirements fr the UPC?...also tell me its advantage
Reply 12
Original post by rt15
may i knw what are the entry requirements fr the UPC?...also tell me its advantage

You can find necessary information here:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/preparatory-certificates/upch/applications

The advantage of UPC is that you can apply to universities in the UK without taking A-levels. (for students who cannot apply directly)
Reply 13
Original post by ukut428
You can find necessary information here:http://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/preparatory-certificates/upch/applicationsThe advantage of UPC is that you can apply to universities in the UK without taking A-levels. (for students who cannot apply directly)
Thanx fr ur help ;-)
Reply 14
Original post by rt15
Thanx fr ur help ;-)

No problem:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by ukut428
No problem:smile:

Hey..I have chckd all the details regarding UPCH..unfortunately my grades r too low to apply for this course :frown:...I also cant aply for the KCL IFP due to my low grades:frown:...I have applied to the University of Liverpool and East Anglia for the IFP 2 days ago....but till now i gt no reply...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by rt15
Hey..I have chckd all the details regarding UPCH..unfortunately my grades r too low to apply for this course :frown:...I also cant aply for the KCL IFP due to my low grades:frown:...I have applied to the University of Liverpool and East Anglia for the IFP 2 days ago....but till now i gt no reply...

That's too bad...

I hope you will get an offer from Liverpool and East Anglia!
I recently applied to KCL IFP , with only my IGCSE .. do you think it'll be enough ?
Hello I wanted to know if KCL IFP accept students how finished their IGCSE only

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending