The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Real are hitting form at a bad stage, 2-0 up before 30 mins and they've rested a few players, lets hope seville get back into the game to tire them out.
Epic Southampton. If we win tomorrow, we'll win the title for me. I know I know, don't get complacent. But we will. We won't allow what happened last year to happen again.
Original post by doggyfizzel
In all honestly I think we will lose tomorrow. That City result will mean SAF can really not worry about the result and can rest anyone he wants for the Madrid game, especially with Rooney and such playing midweek. The squad was already going to be weakened.

Original post by Aky786UK
We can't get complacent. It's going to be a tough game and we're going to have to be concentrated as much as if we were playing City because Everton are a good side.

I'd imagine RVP might possibly start on the bench with Rooney up top but part of me wants a decent line-up and once we're comfortable to take off players for Wednesday. Baines/Pienaar/Fellaini might mean SAF play a more cautious line-up but Valencia might come in tomorrow to try and nullify the threat of Baines.

This. I can't imagine SAF taking his eye off the ball, tbh would like to see a strong team tomorrow as even our full team will struggle against RM, so league has to be kept up the priority, especially after Citeh's loss. Would like to see Welbeck-Rooney up front tomorrow, Valencia and Nani on the wings, and Ando-Carrick midfield, although I can imagine Giggs or Scholes getting a start. Smalling-Vidic should be CB pairing to preserve Rio for Wednesday. Getting excited now guys!!
Original post by cheetahs56
This. I can't imagine SAF taking his eye off the ball, tbh would like to see a strong team tomorrow as even our full team will struggle against RM, so league has to be kept up the priority, especially after Citeh's loss. Would like to see Welbeck-Rooney up front tomorrow, Valencia and Nani on the wings, and Ando-Carrick midfield, although I can imagine Giggs or Scholes getting a start. Smalling-Vidic should be CB pairing to preserve Rio for Wednesday. Getting excited now guys!!

Aye, after all these are professionals, they are paid to play football. Even if the games are intense, I fully expect most players to be able to play 2 games in 4 days (3 in 8 if you include Reading in the FA cup).

We'll have a couple players on the bench who will be starting the RM game but I imagine most players playing tomorrow will play midweek. Everton aren't exactly a stroll in the park.
Cant wait for game tomorrow hopefully we can smash the vermin that is the scousers . Anyone else gonna be at the game ?
Another Ronaldo hat-trick...
Original post by MancBoy

What's his goal per game ratio now?

Edit: wow a neg for asking a question
Posted from TSR Mobilek
(edited 11 years ago)

Haven't got a gif for the other one. The second one is insane.
The first one seems pretty impressive from the pass to him then tapping it in, it just doesn't seem linear. He must have really turned on the afterburners out of shot.

The second one is just ridiculous, especially when you realise its off his weaker side.
The first one seems pretty impressive from the pass to him then tapping it in, it just doesn't seem linear. He must have really turned on the afterburners out of shot.

The second one is just ridiculous, especially when you realise its off his weaker side.

It does raise a question, does he actually have a significantly 'weaker side'?

The amount of goals he smashes into the far corner (bottom right) with pin-point accuracy with his left foot is insane.
Original post by MancBoy

Slightly worried he'll tear our average defence to shreds... :redface:
An interesting article from Patrick Barclay, who wrote a biography of Jose Mourinho, casting doubt whether he'll take over the reins from SAF ahead of his return to England for the Champions League match against us.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Chelsea although I think there is a small chance he might do a Pep and announce a break from the game. He has connections to Chelsea but it's a different and more chaotic club to what he left.

Interesting observation from him about Meulensteen, SAF's assistant, saying he is becoming another good right hand man for the manager. He definitely does seem the more inventive and in control of training more than Phelan who seems to be mainly as a bridge between players and the manager.
Original post by The Assassin

Haven't got a gif for the other one. The second one is insane.

DDG woulda saved the second one :colonhash: The boy will make a name for himself after we're done with Madrid.

I think Rooney will start up top against Everton tomorrow with Kagawa behind him, Welbeck on the flank.
Speaking of Joe Hart, Manchester City goalkeeping legend Joe Corrigan has his own theory about why the England keeper has been somewhat sloppy of late. And no, it's not down to him losing concentration, or believing the hype that followed his performance against Borussia Dortmund in September that saw him hailed the best keeper in the world.

Corrigan told BBC Sportsweek that goalkeeper Joe Hart's error in letting Rickie Lambert's shot squirm from his grasp and allowing Steve Davis to score Saints' second goal in their 3-1 win can partly be attributed to the fact he rolls up his sleeves.

"Joe is a brilliant keeper, but what I cannot understand, and nobody has ever explained to me, is why with the ball being as shiny and moving so much, do goalkeeper wear short-sleeve shirts?" Corrigan says on BBC Radio 5 Live.

"They have these new rubber latex gloves at one end of their arm and then they have skin between there and the shirt, which creates another slippery surface.

"If you look at the [Southampton] goal from behind, it shows the ball hit Joe in the area which was not covered by the goalkeeping shirt, so situations like this will happen."

:rolleyes: i'm running out of words to say...
Reply 1174
:rofl2: So it had nothing to do with his arms being very far apart creating a massive space for the ball to travel through? :facepalm2:
A reminder that there's a match thread for today's game.

Hoping we go for a full-strength team despite the Real Madrid match - Everton have only lost 3 of their last 34 games. This is a great opportunity to extend the lead and we still have some tough fixtures left.
United may have done well in a fairly mediocre PL, but Madrid are a completely different kettle of fish. I can see Madrid causing some serious damage against your fairly average defence.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
United may have done well in a fairly mediocre PL, but Madrid are a completely different kettle of fish. I can see Madrid causing some serious damage against your fairly average defence.

I think you're disrespecting united here. Since vidic and ferdinand have come back to play together, they've become a much more solid team defensively. They no longer have to score 3 goals to win a match anymore, I think you might see more of the 1-0 man united from now on. I think they're doing a chelsea 05-06 and being relentless, no one can catch up. The fact that united have this confidence will make it harder for madrid.

You'd also have to remember that pepe is injured and madrid have their fair share of defensive injuries this season, can say that van persie and varane could be a mismatch too. I think it'll still be a goalfest in both sides, with 1 goal deciding it. 3-2 madrid first leg, 2-2 draw second leg is my prediction. Can't wait though, tie of the season. Wanted to face madrid, never faced them in the champions league before. :frown:
Original post by jam277
I think you're disrespecting united here. Since vidic and ferdinand have come back to play together, they've become a much more solid team defensively. They no longer have to score 3 goals to win a match anymore, I think you might see more of the 1-0 man united from now on. I think they're doing a chelsea 05-06 and being relentless, no one can catch up. The fact that united have this confidence will make it harder for madrid.

You'd also have to remember that pepe is injured and madrid have their fair share of defensive injuries this season, can say that van persie and varane could be a mismatch too. I think it'll still be a goalfest in both sides, with 1 goal deciding it. 3-2 madrid first leg, 2-2 draw second leg is my prediction. Can't wait though, tie of the season. Wanted to face madrid, never faced them in the champions league before. :frown:

I swear you should support United:tongue:

Chelsea vs Madrid would be a quality tie, the guile of the 3 'Amigo's' of Chelsea vs the renowned quality of Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema would be mouthwatering:biggrin:
Reply 1179
Original post by cheetahs56
I swear you should support United:tongue:

Chelsea vs Madrid would be a quality tie, the guile of the 3 'Amigo's' of Chelsea vs the renowned quality of Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema would be mouthwatering:biggrin:

It would be horrendously boring. Chelsea would just park the bus again.

Latest