The Student Room Group

Harper Adams Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

I found out i have mine on the 20th too, im ****ting bricks.

Coming over from Ireland and dont know what to expect to be asked, can anyone help?
Reply 101
It's more of a chat than an interview, they ask you about why you want to do the course, your experience, why harper and what you know about the course.

It sounds daunting but to be honest it was all very relaxed, I was really worried about it but it was fine in the end. Anything else I can help with ask away.
what kind of topic will i have to write about? and also any ideas on what issues in the media will be asked?
Reply 103
That i dont know to be honest, my interview was for the business course.
Reply 104
Ahh. I've had my interview date through! Soooooo nervous but excited!

Ahhhh.

Haha! :smile:

Anyone else had any news?
Reply 105
Did anyone else take guests to their interview date by the way?
Original post by MeganLG
Ahh. I've had my interview date through! Soooooo nervous but excited!

Ahhhh.

Haha! :smile:

Anyone else had any news?

Well done :smile:!! got mine through aswell a few eeks ago, 20th February! scared to the max! haha, think im bringing my mum and dad :smile:
Reply 107
Ahhh :smile: Well done. Mines the 20th too! Sorry you've probably already said but what have you applied for?

What happens with our mom and dad while we're being interviewed? (Silly question I know!)

:smile:
Hi, I've recently applied for Harpers veterinary nursing ext foundation degree but was just wondering if anybody could give me any information on my chances of getting in as i know it is a competitive course or any interview tips and expectations.

I am 19 and have just finished my Level 2 Veterinary Care Assisting Degree with MMM and i have also obtained over a years worth of work experience in a veterinary practice (just over a thousand hours) in the past year. However my GCSE grades at school aren't great which i feel wasnt through lack of capability but through lack of motivation at the time. :frown: I only have 5 A*-C which don't include maths or science :frown:

Any information anybody could give me would be very much appreciated!
This may be my choice through clearing if i dont meet my conditional offers. What are the chances there would be spaces for the foundation vet nursing course?
Reply 110
Original post by AmyJaynePugh93
Hi, I've recently applied for Harpers veterinary nursing ext foundation degree but was just wondering if anybody could give me any information on my chances of getting in as i know it is a competitive course or any interview tips and expectations.

I am 19 and have just finished my Level 2 Veterinary Care Assisting Degree with MMM and i have also obtained over a years worth of work experience in a veterinary practice (just over a thousand hours) in the past year. However my GCSE grades at school aren't great which i feel wasnt through lack of capability but through lack of motivation at the time. :frown: I only have 5 A*-C which don't include maths or science :frown:

Any information anybody could give me would be very much appreciated!

I think it's more experience based so you should have a good a chance as anyone. I don't see why not :smile: have you had your interview through yet? Maybe try and get experience in another environment. Just to get a good range of experience. Just a thought :biggrin:

Im not sure about clearing. Maybe ring admissions? :smile:
I will do thanks. :-) Good luck in your interview.
Reply 112
Thank you! Good luck with your applications! :biggrin:
Hi, thanks for your reply :smile: Ive just been waiting on my previous college to send my evidence of work experience to harper so should have an interview in the next few weeks hopefully. And im currently working at Pets at Home and getting all sorts of animal training whilst on the job so fingers crossed it will be enough :smile:
Reply 114
Ah right :smile: I applied for a job at pets at home about a week ago, not heard anything yet though ha!

Well good luck, sounds like you've got plenty so I wouldn't worry :biggrin:
Ahh thankyou :smile: Pets at home do seem to take quite a while to get back to people they took about 3 weeks to get back to me :frown: they do have a pets at home careers Facebook page though so if you message them they will be able to let you know if they have reviewed their applications yet. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by MeganLG
Ahhh :smile: Well done. Mines the 20th too! Sorry you've probably already said but what have you applied for?

What happens with our mom and dad while we're being interviewed? (Silly question I know!)

:smile:

Your parents stay with you for the first bit and then everyone has a talk with the course manager and he explains the degree, then your parents go on an extended tour while you either have a short tour and then your interview (or the other way around) then you go back to your parents/guest again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Thanks, ill check that out! :smile:

Ah okay thank you :smile:
Reply 118
Hi, I'm starting RPM at Harpers in september. But i did my interview at the open day in october if anyone wants any more information on what they are like. Not sure if all the interviews are quite general or more course specific though. Whats with all these 'mature' students who are 20 lol. I'll be old at 25 haha.
I'll be 26 when I start Uni in September! You're classed as mature from 19 onwards i believe. We are just ancient. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending