The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just out of curiosity, those who have received an unconditional offer, what grades did you achieve (A-Level/Scottish Highers&AH)and what really is necessary to get an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1741
Original post by Oromis263
Pssssht, it's all about the flute choir. :wink: We iz gonna be smashin' dem tunes in da chapel, safe.

I've heard of some awesome double-floored rooms at the top of Keynes.... do want! They sound awesome. :cool: Kind of sucks having to wait until mid-September to find out our allocations... Ooooh, we get college parents too, some point in August probably. :biggrin:

Awesomeness personified... Not to come across all nepotist n shizz but me dad had a corker of a room in Bodley Court, I think they might be nicer x) yeahhh I dunno is it not awks being assigned friends... I never get on with people I'm meant to :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1742
Original post by munchen102
Just out of curiosity, those who have received an unconditional offer, what grades did you achieve (A-Level/Scottish Highers&AH)and what really is necessary to get an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you have the grade requirements you're safe I reckon, the 3 I got all in one year were A* A* A :smile: (the A being an AH)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oboe1994
Awesomeness personified... Not to come across all nepotist n shizz but me dad had a corker of a room in Bodley Court, I think they might be nicer x) yeahhh I dunno is it not awks being assigned friends... I never get on with people I'm meant to :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:cool: Of course, the Bodley rooms are amazeballs. :biggrin:

Well, I think they're just given to you so they can answer any questions you might have and to 'show you the ropes' a bit when you get there.
As long as you have the grade requirements you're safe I reckon, the 3 I got all in one year were A* A* A :smile: (the A being an AH)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, was just really curious about that lol, well done btw!! One other thing (I'm Scottish) what exactly is the difference between an A and an A* ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really wish the city of Cambridge was situated in the highlands of Scotland, not sure why, it's the only way I can think of making the place more beautiful.
Thanks, was just really curious about that lol, well done btw!! One other thing (I'm Scottish) what exactly is the difference between an A and an A* ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's sort of like the difference between an A band 2 and a band 1.
Except a lot of university offers include achieving an A*, however, only one university (maybe two) give out offers for Scottish students to achieve an A band one, and it's still uncommon to do so.
Reply 1747
Ha yeah my mum was just super keen...

No bad thing. By which I mean, so was I!

Finally (lol..) submitted today, after needing some paperwork from my dad's office.
Reply 1748
Baha just saying :tongue: dinnae diss me oboe. x)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Och aye.
Original post by I am Ace
It's sort of like the difference between an A band 2 and a band 1.
Except a lot of university offers include achieving an A*, however, only one university (maybe two) give out offers for Scottish students to achieve an A band one, and it's still uncommon to do so.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do A levels and AH?
quite a few of us King's gap year people then :smile:
Reply 1752
Original post by I am Ace
How did you do A levels and AH?

I'd already done maths A-level when I moved to Scotland, so there wasn't much point me doing AH so my school arranged for me to do further maths semi self taught. Oh and we do A-level music as well as Advanced Higher cos there's more essay writing and harmony stuff.
Reply 1753

Posted from TSR Mobile

An A is 80% and an A* is 90%, in terms of AH, given they're not modular etc. A* is roughly equivalent to an A band 1. Sometimes universities give out offers on bands, which is pretty horrendous, but I think it depends on subject and stuff.
Reply 1754
Original post by Oromis263
:cool: Of course, the Bodley rooms are amazeballs. :biggrin:

Well, I think they're just given to you so they can answer any questions you might have and to 'show you the ropes' a bit when you get there.

Aw shucks, should probably play nice.
P.s. "flute choir" worst word combination in English language. No joke not even being biased. An oboe choir is also all levels of horrendous-ness. Where's the bass?
P.s. "flute choir" worst word combination in English language. No joke not even being biased. An oboe choir is also all levels of horrendous-ness. Where's the bass?

Haha, very true. Everything is better with bass. :cool: I do hope my neighbours haven't got anything against my musical tastes... :lol:

Have bassoons? :dontknow: Although bass oboes do exist.
Original post by ukdragon37
Have bassoons? :dontknow: Although bass oboes do exist.

I have played in a flute choir accompanied by both bass clarinet and bassoon on different occasions. But most of the time you get by with the good old bass flute!

e.g.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fluteflute
I have played in a flute choir accompanied by both bass clarinet and bassoon on different occasions. But most of the time you get by with the good old bass flute!

IMO a bass flute just doesn't have the "oomph" you really want for bass :tongue:
Any offers from Churchill?

Phys Nat Sci - A*A*A in Maths, Chemisty, Psychology.

Going to be tough but hope I get it.

Congratulations to everyone!

Latest

Trending

Trending