The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Which film is it where they're on a spaceship or something and there's a guy that gets covered in writing and gets all creepy? Not much to go on I know!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 501
It might be an episode of Doctor Who called The Satan Pit but I'm not sure. It reminds me a bit of that though :smile: Hope you find it :smile:
Reply 502
Original post by emma1313
It might be an episode of Doctor Who called The Satan Pit but I'm not sure. It reminds me a bit of that though :smile: Hope you find it :smile:

Oo thank you! I thought I wasn't going to get anything back it's so vague! I'll google it and see haha!

Wouldn't it have been easier if you just google'd it in the first place lol? :')
Reply 504
Original post by Amannkaurr
Wouldn't it have been easier if you just google'd it in the first place lol? :')

I tried googling it first but there weren't any results for 'film with man with writing on him' haha! Still can't find what it is, it doesn't seem to be the doctor who thing :/

Reply 505
Original post by Alejandro
Doubt anyone will know this cause i'm going to be so vague but here goes -

There was this film on bbc I think a few years ago? All I remember is finding it very strange coz it seemed like a fairly ordinary film then suddenly towards the end turned into a vampire type thing.

I remember a family out on a road trip type thing, and I think they were travelling in a type of camper van in america? There was a brother and sister in their teens and a mum I think, a man was with them but I think he was a tag along or a friend.

Anyway after some time they end up at this cave thing or something where there's loads of vampires and a big comedic type fight ensues, and from what I can remember all of the family get turned into vamps except the daughter? Who kinda has to kill them all.

It was very strange coz it seemed like a comedy but also was quite random with the whole vampire bit thrown in.

Anyway yeah! :colondollar:

From Dusk till dawn?
Original post by advent2
From Dusk till dawn?

Oooh just had a look at the trailer, it may well be that actually!
I was very young at the time so can only remember small bits, but the trailer does look quite familiar, will have to watch it soon to see if it is that!

Thanks for your help :smile: !
Reply 507
Original post by Alejandro
Doubt anyone will know this cause i'm going to be so vague but here goes -

There was this film on bbc I think a few years ago? All I remember is finding it very strange coz it seemed like a fairly ordinary film then suddenly towards the end turned into a vampire type thing.

I remember a family out on a road trip type thing, and I think they were travelling in a type of camper van in america? There was a brother and sister in their teens and a mum I think, a man was with them but I think he was a tag along or a friend.

Anyway after some time they end up at this cave thing or something where there's loads of vampires and a big comedic type fight ensues, and from what I can remember all of the family get turned into vamps except the daughter? Who kinda has to kill them all.

It was very strange coz it seemed like a comedy but also was quite random with the whole vampire bit thrown in.

Anyway yeah! :colondollar:

yup it's From Dusk till Dawn. The first half of the film is written by Quentin Tarantino and the second half by Robert Rodriguez.
Reply 508
I was watching loads of random trailers a few days ago and I saw one about a indian dude who asks his parents for an arranged marriage, then meets a woman he likes, then his parents find him someone to marry and then he has to choose.

Anyone know what movie that is called? It's really bugging me!!

I'm not sure, but was it this film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380366/

"In Glasgow, Scotland, the Pakistani parents of Casim Khan have decided that he is going to marry his cousin Jasmine. Unfortunately, Casim has just fallen in love with his younger sister's music teacher Roisin. Not only is she 'goree', a white woman, she is also Irish and catholic, things that may not go down well with Casim's parents. They start a relationship but Casim is torn between following his heart and being a good son."

If not, then this is still a good film :tongue:
Reply 510
If you remember a line spoken in the trailer, type it into Google. That's what I do :smile:
Reply 511
Original post by Aurora.Rose
I'm not sure, but was it this film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380366/

"In Glasgow, Scotland, the Pakistani parents of Casim Khan have decided that he is going to marry his cousin Jasmine. Unfortunately, Casim has just fallen in love with his younger sister's music teacher Roisin. Not only is she 'goree', a white woman, she is also Irish and catholic, things that may not go down well with Casim's parents. They start a relationship but Casim is torn between following his heart and being a good son."

If not, then this is still a good film :tongue:

Ahhh unfortunately not! Thanks though!

Reply 512
Retraced my steps.. "when Harry tries to marry"

Reply 513
The films featured in this trailer are listed at the end but I'm particularly interested in knowing the names of the films below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUFefkVVuA

1 minute 46 seconds (red bikini)
1 minute 55 seconds (3 guys dancing)
1 minute 57 seconds (kiss on the table)
Original post by advent2
The films featured in this trailer are listed at the end but I'm particularly interested in knowing the names of the films below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUFefkVVuA

1 minute 46 seconds (red bikini) Fast Times At Ridgemont High
1 minute 55 seconds (3 guys dancing)
1 minute 57 seconds (kiss on the table)

oo
Reply 515
Original post by nulli tertius
oo

Thanks
Reply 516
Heya, I need to know the name of the film, all I know is a rough ending and possibly the premise.

There is a guy traveling around europe trying to find some pictures/story/reading that when put together will take him into hell (or something like it). Other people are also trying to find the pictures. At one point near the end of the film the guy meets someone else trying to find the pictures/readings. He reads the things, surrounded by flaming torches, and then sets himself on fire - he bursts into flames and dies as he has a copy of one of the pieces, not the original. The guy then gives up hope, but when visiting an old castle he finds the final piece of parchment/picture/text on top of an old wooden wardrobe. He puts them together and then the screen zooms into the picture and he is shown walking into it then the screen goes white.

I know its very incomplete but any ideas?
Original post by bc001
Heya, I need to know the name of the film, all I know is a rough ending and possibly the premise.

There is a guy traveling around europe trying to find some pictures/story/reading that when put together will take him into hell (or something like it). Other people are also trying to find the pictures. At one point near the end of the film the guy meets someone else trying to find the pictures/readings. He reads the things, surrounded by flaming torches, and then sets himself on fire - he bursts into flames and dies as he has a copy of one of the pieces, not the original. The guy then gives up hope, but when visiting an old castle he finds the final piece of parchment/picture/text on top of an old wooden wardrobe. He puts them together and then the screen zooms into the picture and he is shown walking into it then the screen goes white.

I know its very incomplete but any ideas?

The Ninth Gate.
Reply 518
Original post by seanseansean
The Ninth Gate.

Yes! Thanks :smile:
Ok so i cant remember the film properly But basically this guy wants to be a comedian and he ends up kidnapping someone ( a comedian/tv presenter) at the end of the film and he basically takes their place and kicks ass.
Whats the film?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending