The Student Room Group

Higher Maths- most effective way to study?

Hey,

What would you say is the best way to study maths,

I've got a decent plan of action for english, bio, chem and physics but maths has always been my weak area. I know my things but can't apply my knowledge to be honest.

In class we go quite fast and sometimes hard to keep up. I was going to do examples for every topic etc from this hodder and gibson book but I doubt ill be able to fit everything in, what should I do ?
Yeah, what nerd434 said OP. Understand the idea/theorem/concept, and then questions questions questions.
Reply 2
Original post by Aay
Hey,

What would you say is the best way to study maths,

I've got a decent plan of action for english, bio, chem and physics but maths has always been my weak area. I know my things but can't apply my knowledge to be honest.

In class we go quite fast and sometimes hard to keep up. I was going to do examples for every topic etc from this hodder and gibson book but I doubt ill be able to fit everything in, what should I do ?

past paper after past paper after past paper...
Reply 3
Original post by nerd434
It's fairly laborious but I tend just to work my way through all of the exercises in the Heinemann textbook. They guide you from the very basics to exam-style questions and once you've finished a certain topic, say Differentiation, you can pretty much answer any question that will come up in an exam paper.

I took this approach leading up to my prelim and managed to come away with 94%, so it's worth considering!

I was genuinely considering doing that but I dont know whether I am able to fit it all in? I mean that would mean like a good few exercises a day along with homework and other subjects.

Original post by deedee123
past paper after past paper after past paper...

Haha i keep getting told thats the best way to go, but can that really prepare you for anything that can come up?

Original post by The_Dragonborn
Yeah, what nerd434 said OP. Understand the idea/theorem/concept, and then questions questions questions.

Yeah I see, i might just knuckle down, start tomorrow and do the excercises..
Original post by Aay
I was genuinely considering doing that but I dont know whether I am able to fit it all in? I mean that would mean like a good few exercises a day along with homework and other subjects.

Haha i keep getting told thats the best way to go, but can that really prepare you for anything that can come up?

Yeah I see, i might just knuckle down, start tomorrow and do the excercises..

Great! Best of luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending