The Student Room Group

Higher History 2012-2013: Discussion and Help Thread

We are doing our extended essay after the February break , I know we are getting a 200 word plan.

My question is what information should I put in the plan? (Statistics,full sentences, words)?

I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by BigChimp
We are doing our extended essay after the February break , I know we are getting a 200 word plan.

My question is what information should I put in the plan? (Statistics,full sentences, words)?

I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

Hey it can contain whatever you like I would suggest a vague structure such as titles with bulletpoints below saying what each paragraph will be discussing about and so on. You can even put like bits of sentences which you find hard getting into your head, maybe quotes from historians, dates and etc
Reply 2
Original post by MC1723
Hey it can contain whatever you like I would suggest a vague structure such as titles with bulletpoints below saying what each paragraph will be discussing about and so on. You can even put like bits of sentences which you find hard getting into your head, maybe quotes from historians, dates and etc

Good idea , thank you!

I was just wondering if anyone new if there was a world limit for the history extended essay?>!
Reply 4
no, there is absolutely no word limit, everyone's been asking my teacher if there was one and she says there isnt but if you want to make things manageable think if you can write say between 800-1000 in 40mins then aim for double of that, what are you's doing your essays on? :smile:
Reply 5
I'm doing a judgement on the level of success the civil rights movement had in improving the lives of black people!

im doing my essay on the welfare state- labour 1945-1951, you? completely lost on it though!
Reply 7
Original post by nicolagrantgrant
im doing my essay on the welfare state- labour 1945-1951, you? completely lost on it though!

I'm doing 'How important were disputes in Parliament in causing challenges to the authority of James I after 1603?' :smile:
Reply 8
what im finding hard is finding historians who have conflicting arguements with each on other on the same issue
Reply 9
My essay is on Women and the Vote. I've done a 1st draft of around 2000 words, my sister was meant to take it into school today but did not...She will be severely punished this evening :wink:...Ofcourse not, she will simply take it in tomorrow :P
Reply 10
Original post by ChrissyH
My essay is on Women and the Vote. I've done a 1st draft of around 2000 words, my sister was meant to take it into school today but did not...She will be severely punished this evening :wink:...Ofcourse not, she will simply take it in tomorrow :P

Haha originally my question was on finance; she made everyone do a question for class and mines was around 1800 words at the end after editting but i still need to kinda beefen it up a bit..
For your extended essay; what are you doing for evaluation? are you given the strengths and weaknesses? I know it's quite good to give historian quotes, are u giving historian quotes that contradict each other?
Reply 12
I'm doing mine on the rise of the Nazis but I don't have a clue for the question! Does anyone have any ideas??
Original post by RC5496
I'm doing mine on the rise of the Nazis but I don't have a clue for the question! Does anyone have any ideas??

I done this last year

"How important was economic factor in the Rise of The Nazis from 1918 -1933"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by RC5496

off the top of my head - How important were Hitler's leadership skills in contributing to the rise of the Nazis?
Reply 15
Had any of you's recently had a history prelim? If so how did it go?
i got about 60% im very happy since I did not finish my second essay and for an incomplete one I scared 10/20 exactly 3 more paragraphs to do) and I got 15/20 for the first. But the equiry skills paper was a nightmare, i only got like cant remember 17, 18 /30 for it XD

it was horrible..I wrote so much but got such little marks lol.
Reply 17
We only did the essays for our prelim , I got 12/20 on both which is a BB! Was quite happy with that

Reply 18
I got 17/20 for my first essay woop woop but kinda tanked the second and got 10 but im very very happy with the first paper i got 16/30 for the second paper, you see for the comparison questions lots of people got 1/5 or 0/5 because in standard grade we were so used to saying if they disagreed/agreed then a sentence on what they disagreed/argeed on then a set quotations or one if your doing a ghost comparison and etc but higher you have to like expand a bit more on like what they agreed/disagreed on or something like that otherwise you wouldnt have gotten the marks.... :/
My question is 'To what extent was the black death responsible foe the decline of feudalism?' and for my prelim I got a B! 14/20 for first essay, 10/20 for second essay and 20/30 for source questions! Quite pleased with that:smile: My teacher said she wouldnt let me send my extended essay away if it is less than an A! Cause its 30% of your final grade so hoping for an A in the final exam:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending