The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by ukdragon37
Have bassoons? :dontknow: Although bass oboes do exist.

Bass oboes are only an octave below normal oboes, what you want is a contrabassoon. They bring aaall the boys to the yard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1761
Original post by Oromis263
Haha, very true. Everything is better with bass. :cool: I do hope my neighbours haven't got anything against my musical tastes... :lol:

Hahaa my little brother does past papers whilst listening to deadmau5, each to their own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I am Ace
I really wish the city of Cambridge was situated in the highlands of Scotland, not sure why, it's the only way I can think of making the place more beautiful.

If this was the case then there's no chance I would have applied. SOUTHERNERS!
YES!
Original post by I am Ace
I really wish the city of Cambridge was situated in the highlands of Scotland, not sure why, it's the only way I can think of making the place more beautiful.
Officially firmed! Although the length of this process is starting to get silly! I've been an applicant, and interviewee, an offer holder and now a firmer and I just want to be a fresher and be done with it all. It grates me that I can't say 'I'm going to Cambridge' yet, summer can't come quickly enough.
Reply 1765
Original post by dddrozario
Any offers from Churchill?

Phys Nat Sci - A*A*A in Maths, Chemisty, Psychology.

Going to be tough but hope I get it.

Congratulations to everyone!

Computer Science with Maths - A*(FM) AA (Maths,Phys) 12 (STEP II,III).

Going to be tough also, really not sure I'll make the STEP!

Good luck with yours though, see you October maybe.. :/
Original post by Oboe1994
Hahaa my little brother does past papers whilst listening to deadmau5, each to their own.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a cool kid. :wink: Mine can vary from artists such as deadmau5, zany and general hardstyle mixes to pop punk and metal. :lol:
Original post by ben-smith
quite a few of us King's gap year people then :smile:

Yep. :tongue: I think of the people I've seen so far with King's offers, the majority have been gap years. :lol:
Yep. :tongue: I think of the people I've seen so far with King's offers, the majority have been gap years. :lol:

King's offer - not a gap year :tongue:
Reply 1769
Original post by St. Brynjar
Officially firmed! Although the length of this process is starting to get silly! I've been an applicant, and interviewee, an offer holder and now a firmer and I just want to be a fresher and be done with it all. It grates me that I can't say 'I'm going to Cambridge' yet, summer can't come quickly enough.

Enjoy life pre sleep-deprivation :tongue:
Reply 1770
Original post by Grace626
Haha I havent done any franking, what a shame... :P I'm going to thailand, cambodia, vietnam, singapore, australia and hong kong :smile: when do you leave? we could be there at the same time haha
Well I can tell you it's just lovely, especially on days like today where they send around 600 letters :tongue:

Oh wow, that sounds like an amazing trip. You must be away for quite a while in order to visit so many places? I'm only gone for around 5 weeks, leaving on May 10! :smile:

I'm actually quite glad I have college to go in to, when I feel like it, because it gives me something to do that isn't just doing weird things - like trying to learn Norwegian. :biggrin:
Ha, why Norwegian out of interest? :biggrin:

Det bør imidlertid være enkelt for deg å lære siden du er engelsk! :wink:
Original post by Kavalier
Well I can tell you it's just lovely, especially on days like today where they send around 600 letters :tongue:

Oh wow, that sounds like an amazing trip. You must be away for quite a while in order to visit so many places? I'm only gone for around 5 weeks, leaving on May 10! :smile:

Ha, why Norwegian out of interest? :biggrin:

Det bør imidlertid være enkelt for deg å lære siden du er engelsk! :wink:

Skotsk, takk. :wink:

Ja, det er veldig enkelt! Jeg liker Skandinavia, spesielt norrøn mytologi, og jeg har venner som bor i Norge.

It's supposedly the best language to get by with in Scandinavia, with the greatest comprehension between Denmark and Sweden. :biggrin: The verb conjugation and ordstilling ( :cool: ) are very simple for an English speaker, which is rather handy!

Translation

Reply 1772
Skotsk, takk. :wink:

Ja, det er veldig enkelt! Jeg liker Skandinavia, spesielt norrøn mytologi, og jeg har venner som bor i Norge.

It's supposedly the best language to get by with in Scandinavia, with the greatest comprehension between Denmark and Sweden. :biggrin: The verb conjugation and ordstilling ( :cool: ) are very simple for an English speaker, which is rather handy!

Translation

Of course you like Scandinavia, who doesn't? We're all wonderful here :biggrin: And yes, it's definitely the best language to learn; very much like Danish in it's written form, and very similar to Swedish when pronounced. All in all the easiest way to learn three languages at once!
Guys... we got into Cambridge... I STILL can't believe it... :bban:
Original post by Kavalier
Of course you like Scandinavia, who doesn't? We're all wonderful here :biggrin: And yes, it's definitely the best language to learn; very much like Danish in it's written form, and very similar to Swedish when pronounced. All in all the easiest way to learn three languages at once!

:biggrin: Definitely. I've nothing else to do with my time, so I'm going to try and get it up to a decent standard, at least in written and reading comprehension. Trying to get my hands on Norwegian translations of books has proved difficult though. :frown:
Reply 1775
Original post by mondegreen
Just attempted to apply for student finance (for the upteenth time), and still having major difficulties with the college/course bit. Peterhouse isn't listed (fair enough, quite a few colleges aren't listed), but whenever I try to enter details manually it just goes back to the original course page, seemingly having made no difference whatsoever. Anyone else having this problem?! And if so, anyone have any solutions?

Are you by any chance clicking "change course" when you've finished typing the details in instead of "continue"? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I did that at least twice :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1776
Original post by hogwartian1993
Guys... we got into Cambridge... I STILL can't believe it... :bban:

What's that like the fifth time you posted this? :tongue: I think most people are starting to believe it now :laugh:
Original post by amg_22
What's that like the fifth time you posted this? :tongue: I think most people are starting to believe it now :laugh:

:colondollar: nope, not me hahahaa. I shall take my disbelief elsewhere :redface:
Original post by Azwozzle
I felt exactly the same, but don't worry - you DO have an offer :smile:

I am doing English in Magdalene ~ what subject/college do you have an offer for?

Sorry this took forever for me to see!

I've got an offer to do Medicine from Sidney :smile:
And it finally came up on track a few weeks ago, so it seems more real now.
Now I've started freaking out about the fact that we still have to actually achieve the A level grades they've asked for. :redface:
Just got an email from my DOS saying, and I quote, "now that you've got this offer - it's important not to screw it up..."

No pressure then :lol:

Latest