The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Zazuwaved
Oh don't think it's all pretty. The extremely lovely one gives us loads of homework though it's so much help. They have these PowerPoints which I think they got from a website basically every as to a2 topic in the aqa syllabus, I will try this week inshaAllah to upload them or maybe via email or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, smiling devils :lol: I find that lots of exam practice as you go along is the best way though! Luckily my Chem5 teacher does that too. Ooo if you can - pm me!
Original post by erniiee
Haha, smiling devils :lol: I find that lots of exam practice as you go along is the best way though! Luckily my Chem5 teacher does that too. Ooo if you can - pm me!

Sure thing I will try to do it as soon as I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zazuwaved
No... Um it's close to Solihull though are you at Solihull? Have a guess :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do indeed xD, hmm, Solihull school? Alderbrook? Tudor Grange? I dunno :tongue:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I do indeed xD, hmm, Solihull school? Alderbrook? Tudor Grange? I dunno :tongue:

Hehe no not that close deep in brum town. KE Five Ways. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
hey guys, i'm having trouble understanding the reactions of non metal oxides with water. I know that an acidic solution is formed due to the H+ ions that come from dissociation. What i don't understand is how covalent bonding in a non metal oxide leads to an acidic solution being formed. Like after the reaction of the non metal oxide with water does the product gain some ionic property that will cause it to dissociate?
Thanks
Which coloured ions do we have to remember the colours for?
Complex Ions.PNG
I made this if anybody wants it, it is current;y my desktop background so hopefully I'll learn it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Seb Hudson
Attachment not found

I made this if anybody wants it, it is current;y my desktop background so hopefully I'll learn it!

Thanks!
Reply 48
I don't like the redox stuff...so many equations!! How do I learn them :frown:
This is probably my least favourite unit especially because of the last two chapters, there just seems to be sooooooo much memory work, any tips?
Reply 50
hey guys, does anyone have the collins aqa chem4 and chem5 revision book? If so please let me know if they're worth it because i'm thinking of getting them
Thanks
Reply 51
Original post by sechdent8
hey guys, does anyone have the collins aqa chem4 and chem5 revision book? If so please let me know if they're worth it because i'm thinking of getting them
Thanks

I have them, they're a great extra source of info, although I wouldn't say they're that different to the Nelson thornes textbook, just a lot more condensed, so good for revision. I'd say the nelson thornes one is good enough only if you can get access to kerboodle!

Also, have a look on Chemguide, some great explanations on there!
Reply 52
Original post by erniiee
I have them, they're a great extra source of info, although I wouldn't say they're that different to the Nelson thornes textbook, just a lot more condensed, so good for revision. I'd say the nelson thornes one is good enough only if you can get access to kerboodle!

Also, have a look on Chemguide, some great explanations on there!

i see... so for the purposes of revision would you recommend these books?Also would they help me along my way to securing a good grade?
Thanks
Reply 53
i see... so for the purposes of revision would you recommend these books?Also would they help me along my way to securing a good grade?
Thanks

I would! As long as you've also got the Nelson thornes textbook.
Reply 54
Original post by erniiee
I would! As long as you've also got the Nelson thornes textbook.

yep i do have the nelson thornes book :smile:
Reply 55
yep i do have the nelson thornes book :smile:

Ah ok you should be alright then. Just cross reference between the two when making notes/revising!
Original post by Seb Hudson
Complex Ions.PNG

Is this every possible colour we could get asked on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SDavis123
Is this every possible colour we could get asked on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could still get asked questions about metal ions such as the colours of V5+ -> V2+ but that's all come the complex ions I believe :smile:
Just had a great idea, label as many things in your room as you can with a complex! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
I don't like this unit :frown: I want chem4 back

Latest

Trending

Trending