Same. My preference is Stephenson :wink:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by criticalnature
Same. My preference is Stephenson :wink:

I applied as open but now I would prefer Stephenson since it's supposedly the larger of the two colleges. :s-smilie:
For those of you doing Physics with Foundation, can I ask what sort of level you will be starting the course at? As in, are you a mature student with no qualifications, or are you an 18/19 yr old student who simply did A level subjects not specific to Physics etc...?
Did anyone else get their college allocation last night?

Very happy to be going to Stephenson :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124

Posted from TSR Mobile

John Snow for me.
Original post by Emre944
John Snow for me.

:smile: Heard good things about John Snow. Although as Queen's only has two colleges, I've heard that everyone mixes regardless.
Reply 126
I just felt I got a better vibe for Stephenson. But they both look really good. It's all down to personal preference really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Just wondering what the days are like during the foundation year. Is it like morning classes then independent study afterwards. Just wondering that's all. It must just depend on your progression route i think. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did! I got Van Mildert College!

Original post by add4
Just wondering what the days are like during the foundation year. Is it like morning classes then independent study afterwards. Just wondering that's all. It must just depend on your progression route i think. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd also like to know this.
Original post by Tayaa
Hi everyone,

I have applied for the foundation Medicine course, I still have not heard anything. Mega nervous- no news is good news but I am starting to frett now beacuse I've read somebody has already been invited for interview. :-/

Anyone in the same boat?

Hi ,Yes but only applied by the 15th Jan ucas deadline .There is information on the uni web that suggests interviews occur periodically but not sure if everyone then has to wait till all the interviews have been completed which could be an awfully long wait if you applied back in September/October..I imagne for those that get an interview it would need to be before 19th/20th March when the foundation centre have their post application open day . Any idea how many apply?. I sense that theres a limited number of places.. Good luck.
What is the deadline to meet your offer? My offer isn't typical A-levels, so I have to send them my NVQ certificates myself. Also, will I need to send them it at my College or the general admissions e-mail?

Reply 131
Original post by Himynameskiefer
What is the deadline to meet your offer? My offer isn't typical A-levels, so I have to send them my NVQ certificates myself. Also, will I need to send them it at my College or the general admissions e-mail?

Give them a phone, but they will probably not really need it until August.

My Offer has been made unconditional, so Once I firm it Im in.
Reply 132
My offer was conditional but I met the conditions about a week later. It still says conditional on ucas but does that mean I am effectively in as well if i have firmed it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hegelian
Give them a phone, but they will probably not really need it until August.

My Offer has been made unconditional, so Once I firm it Im in.

I've already had mine firmed for some time now and it still states that it's Conditional - I'll e-mail the admissions.

Reply 134
Hello all,
I got my offer last night to study physics (with a foundation year) at Durham. I'm a mature student and I've never been given an opportunity like this in life before. I'm so happy! Good luck to you all :smile:
Reply 135
Original post by Esteta
Hello all,
I got my offer last night to study physics (with a foundation year) at Durham. I'm a mature student and I've never been given an opportunity like this in life before. I'm so happy! Good luck to you all :smile:

Congratulations and good luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 136

Posted from TSR Mobile

My allocation came through in the first wave of them, Im going to Hatfield.
Reply 137
Hello guys,
I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct thread? However, I was wondering if anyone has completed the physics foundation year at Durham? If so, could you give me a little insight into what is covered and the work load.
Reply 138
Hi, I'm just wondering now obviously the students on the foundation course are all mature 21 plus. I was just wondering do you think it will feel odd once you progress to your chosen degree after the first year. Are everyone different ages or are most on first year degrees college leavers at 18 plus with only myself and maybe a few others being mature learners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 139
I'll be 19-20 years old during my foundation year. After what age are you considered a mature student?

Quick Reply

Latest