The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

I've got mine this summer! :eek: I've already done my IGCSE English language and got an A* so that's a bonus! I'm taking:
English literature
Maths
Spanish
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Graphic design
History of medicine
Classic civilisation

It's about 15 exams so I've started revising now! I've been predicted all A's and above so just don't want to disappoint!:/
Original post by alice_c_97
I've got mine this summer! :eek: I've already done my IGCSE English language and got an A* so that's a bonus! I'm taking:
English literature
Maths
Spanish
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Graphic design
History of medicine
Classic civilisation

It's about 15 exams so I've started revising now! I've been predicted all A's and above so just don't want to disappoint!:/

Congratulations on the English language and goodluck in the June exams! I got 78/80 on the language written coursework and something like 43/45 for S&L but in the exam I got 50/80 (a low B)! Which has brought my grade down to, an overall, high A. I was thoroughly disappointed however I resat the exam January and I'm hoping for at least a high B...
Maths (Edexcel) (2 papers)
Double Science (Edexcel IGCSE) (3 papers)
English Literature (AQA) (2 papers)
English Language (AQA) (1 paper)
RS (AQA) (2 papers)
Latin (OCR) (4 papers)
Music (OCR) (2 exams)
French (IGCSE) (4 exams)
FSMQ (OCR) (1 paper)

Total of 21 exams. Kill me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by paradoxicalme
RS (AQA) (2 papers)
Latin (OCR) (4 papers)
Music (OCR) (2 exams)
French (IGCSE) (4 exams)

Total of 20 exams. Kill me.

Looking at your summer schedule makes me feel slightly better. Good luck! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BC95
Good Luck !! :smile:

Thank-you! Should start a wee bit of revision over mid-term haha. Although, it's dead handy doing 3 languages - not so much revision! :smile:

Have you got exams?
Original post by Pabblethefish
Congratulations on the English language and goodluck in the June exams! I got 78/80 on the language written coursework and something like 43/45 for S&L but in the exam I got 50/80 (a low B)! Which has brought my grade down to, an overall, high A. I was thoroughly disappointed however I resat the exam January and I'm hoping for at least a high B...

Ah good luck! Thank you! :smile: I got 50/50 on my coursework (after A LOT of redrafting!) and 41/50 on the exam, only scraped an A* but it's an A* so I'm not complaining! an A is still a fantastic result!! well done!
Original post by paradoxicalme
RS (AQA) (2 papers)
Latin (OCR) (4 papers)
Music (OCR) (2 exams)
French (IGCSE) (4 exams)

Total of 20 exams. Kill me.

I'm doing 15 and I thought that was bad enough! good luck! :smile:
2 English lit
2 History
2 Sciences
1 geography
And a partridge in a pear tree! :biggrin:
I have:
English Lit (Edexcel)
Statistics (Edexcel)
B3 (AQA)
C3(AQA)
P3(AQA)
Spanish - listening & reading (Edexcel)
RE (AQA)
History -2 (Edexcel)

So I have hopefully only 10 exams however if I don't get an A/A* is B2 or C2 that I did in january I'll have to retake them :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

I also had the same problem with my English Language exam bringing my mark down as I got an A* and an high A in my controlled assessments, I was wondering if you knew what percentage the exam counts towards the final grade and what exam board you are on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Additional Science
French Listening
French Reading
Maths Non Calc
English Lang
Maths Calc
English Lit
History
RE

Only 9, though i'm not going to bother revising French because I'm unbelievably terrible at it and no amount of revision can save me at this point so really only 7. I'm going to start writing up all my notes fairly soon then will begin to properly revise around mid-late March.
I've got:
French listening
French reading
Biology Unit 3
Chemistry Unit 3
Physics Unit 3
English Literature
Economics
History : Nazi Germany
History : Work of the Historian
Free Standing Maths Qualification

So around 10 exams in may/june. Gonna start revising soon :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elitemodella
I also had the same problem with my English Language exam bringing my mark down as I got an A* and an high A in my controlled assessments, I was wondering if you knew what percentage the exam counts towards the final grade and what exam board you are on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On AQA I believe it's 40% :smile:
I'm doing 15 and I thought that was bad enough! good luck! :smile:

Thank you, good luck to you too :smile: it'll be over in 5 months :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I have 21 (+ jan 2013 retakes)

oh why didn't the world end last year...
Reply 55
Original post by aasvogel
Thank-you! Should start a wee bit of revision over mid-term haha. Although, it's dead handy doing 3 languages - not so much revision! :smile:

Have you got exams?

Yep AS exams though, what results are you hoping for :smile:
Original post by RichardPG
Additional Science
French Listening
French Reading
Maths Non Calc
English Lang
Maths Calc
English Lit
History
RE

Only 9, though i'm not going to bother revising French because I'm unbelievably terrible at it and no amount of revision can save me at this point so really only 7. I'm going to start writing up all my notes fairly soon then will begin to properly revise around mid-late March.

Have faith I'm really struggling with French but I'm not going to give up no matter what and am going to try my best to grab any possible chance of an A* in French, which seems so unlikely providing my coursework is only an A grade and my exams, which I will probably be resitting are only about C grade at best.

On another note, I'm going to revise over the half term in a relaxed fashion with RE and French because I'm struggling with French and I only have 1 hour a week of RE.I will start revising properly from the Easter Holidays but I will only be revising the exams in May and then from the May Half-Term/study leave I will start revising the June exams.

I am with Edexcel and also failed the exam first time and got a C, in Year 9 but I resat and got a High A and got an A* getting the exact mark required for the grade because my coursework was only low A*.I had to also resit my Speaking and Listening, from Year 9 and improved them up to 100%, through class time discussions and I was so pleased to get the A*, a year early.I think it is also important to mention that you will have to include both grades on UCAS.
Reply 58
English literature
Maths
Spanish
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Graphic design
History of medicine
Classic civilisation

Good luck, work hard and achieve those A's your predicted :smile:
Reply 59
I have 2 English Lit, 2 Maths, Unit 3's of physics chemistry and biology. 2 Spanish, 2 history.. 1 rs, 1 citizenship. Those are really about it. However I could have more if I need to resit my January exams, ( English Lanuage, P2 AND P1)

Quick Reply

Latest