The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is cheating on me with my sister

I am so upset. She is 2 years older than me and I have always suspected that he liked her as whenever he would come round he would get all nervous around her and ask me whether she was hanging around for a while, also he was always trying to subtly ask questions about her likes and dislikes. I teased him and he started looking uncomfortable but laughing it off.

Anyway we just all went to the club. I didn't even know my sister was going to be there as we don't really get on that well. My boyfriend was already completely hammered after the house party we were at. I was really angry with him and said he should stop drinking and embarassing me. I told him I wasn't going to spend the night with him and got the taxi home. He just texted saying "dont care if you're gone I am having more fun with your sister hahaha" and I texted replying "whatever" anyway my friend just called and said I really don't know how to tell you but I can see him hugging your sister and she is on his lap but she said she can't tell if they are kissing. I just told her to go up right now and check I am waiting for her reply. I am fuming. How could they do this to me. What the **** do I do???? Should I go and get him? I have asked my friend to take pics but I don't know if she can :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Call your sister.
Reply 2
Dump him. This will always be an issue and completely inappropriate on your boyfriend and sisters behalf. You'll never really trust your boyfriend after this anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
turn off your phone and leave it till the morning to sort out

he's a prick and your sister's being a bitch... If I were you i'd dump him in the morning because if he thinks he's single, he might try and go further with her and end up hurting you more
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
My friend just texted saying they are actually kissing. I am devastated. I am trying to call her but can't get through. Just want her to take a pic so I can get my revenge. I knew this would happen
i hug my sister, have i cheated on my gf with my sister?

this does'nt sound good however you put it.
Why would you go and get him? The fact that your own sister is sitting on his lap is so disrespectful. Make sure your friend finds out, and if its true dump him in the morning. Also I agree with what the person said above, contact your sister, she's a bitch.

You guys seem like you are barely 'in love'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Don't do anything while you are drunk. Wait until about lunch tomorrow when the alcohol has worn off, you can think more clearly and you will be less emotional. Then you need to go and see him and talk to him, tell him you know what he did and that it is 100% unacceptable.

You also need to talk to your sister, how anyone can do that to their own family member is beyond me. That is so awful. If anything she is even more in the wrong than him, you are sisters, that is a lifetime commitment.

Such a dick move. Keep us posted.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
What an ********. I'd be more devasted about the betrayal by my sister though, she's your family. Let us know what happens :hugs:
Reply 9
What a prick. I feel really sorry for you. Get rid of him ASAP and forget about her, you weren't close to begin with, this DEFINATELY won't help. Try to ignore them both for the time being and focus on yourself because both relationships sound as if they're in turmoil.
Original post by Anonymous
My friend just texted saying they are actually kissing. I am devastated. I am trying to call her but can't get through. Just want her to take a pic so I can get my revenge. I knew this would happen

What use will getting a picture with the intent on getting revenge do? Yeah that's right it will do nothing, just move on already

Original post by consumed by stuff
why don't you get hammered and sleep with some random guy, maybe even two, two at one time even. film it. put it on the internet. send it to him.

he'll look so stupid.

Pretty sure she will look more of an idiot when he finds it and shows everyone, I don't see how it affects him in any way as he's already got with her sister :facepalm2:

Original post by redferry
Don't do anything while you are drunk. Wait until about lunch tomorrow when the alcohol has worn off, you can think more clearly and you will be less emotional. Then you need to go and see him and talk to him, tell him you know what he did and that it is 100% unacceptable.

You also need to talk to your sister, how anyone can do that to their own family member is beyond me. That is so awful. If anything she is even more in the wrong than him, you are sisters, that is a lifetime commitment.

Such a dick move. Keep us posted.

Surely OP can't be drunk? What with logging in to TSR, posting a coherent thread while showing as anonymous?

Strong drunk skills
Original post by Anonymous

Jesu Christe - with sisters and boyfriends like that, who needs enemies? I definitely wouldn't want people like that in my life, but of course your sister is family - the boyfriend on the other hand is much easier to cut off. Do so.
Reply 12
He's a tosser and a manwhore, she's a disloyal and thoughtless tart. Rid yourself of both of them, OP. You're better than either of them.
What absolute bitches, the both of them. I'd dump him in the morning.
[QUOTE=Nick1sHere;41490838

Pretty sure she will look more of an idiot when he finds it and shows everyone, I don't see how it affects him in any way as he's already got with her sister :facepalm2:

Strong drunk skills

what i suggested is like stupidest thing to do ever, but alot of girls do this short of filming it. idiots.
Reply 15
Original post by Nick1sHere

Surely OP can't be drunk? What with logging in to TSR, posting a coherent thread while showing as anonymous?

Strong drunk skills

You'd be surprised, I can be blackout drunk almost and still have a coherent typed conversation. Especially if you are angry, it kind of sobers you
Original post by consumed by stuff
why don't you get hammered and sleep with some random guy, maybe even two, two at one time even. film it. put it on the internet. send it to him.

he'll look so stupid.

possibly the worst advice ever, i do hope you're being sarcastic
Original post by deedee123
possibly the worst advice ever, i do hope you're being sarcastic

have some faith.
Ok, well, without taking sides. Firstly, you told your boyfriend he was embarrassing you. That might have been true but hardly the best way to approach something like that considering your relationship. You could have just calmed him down? Secondly, your boyfriend isn't showing much regard for you or your relationship, on the other hand he is drunk. Thirdly, you said you don't get on with your sister. And yes, she's betrayed you but again lets assume she's drunk and of course you have a much stronger connection than you and your boyfriend. No matter what happens, as long as you're both alive, you're both sisters. You may not get on now but you could have 6+ decades until you die and therefore for things to change between you two.

Now for the advice. Talk to your boyfriend first, be calm, be mature. Ask him what happened? Why he was kissing her? Does he still want to be in a relationship? Work out if your relationship really is worth saving, whether he wants to go out with your sister. If you break up then it's probably best to talk it out with your sister too, with the first two questions I suggested asking your boyfriend. But also mention you're siblings and it'd be nice if you didn't hate each other for the rest of your lives. At the end of the day though, you may need to come to terms with your boyfriend and sister dating. It's not easy but it doesn't sound like things are perfect with your boyfriend anyway. Remember, we all do stupid things when we've had a bit too much to drink. The worst thing some people can do is hang on to a failing relationship. I've seen it time and time again and I just know that their relationship won't work out but they continue to cause pain to each other when they could just break up and start the path to getting over each other. Bear that in mind.
Reply 19
Original post by alexs2602
Ok, well, without taking sides. Firstly, you told your boyfriend he was embarrassing you. That might have been true but hardly the best way to approach something like that considering your relationship. You could have just calmed him down? Secondly, your boyfriend isn't showing much regard for you or your relationship, on the other hand he is drunk. Thirdly, you said you don't get on with your sister. And yes, she's betrayed you but again lets assume she's drunk and of course you have a much stronger connection than you and your boyfriend. No matter what happens, as long as you're both alive, you're both sisters. You may not get on now but you could have 6+ decades until you die and therefore for things to change between you two.

Now for the advice. Talk to your boyfriend first, be calm, be mature. Ask him what happened? Why he was kissing her? Does he still want to be in a relationship? Work out if your relationship really is worth saving, whether he wants to go out with your sister. If you break up then it's probably best to talk it out with your sister too, with the first two questions I suggested asking your boyfriend. But also mention you're siblings and it'd be nice if you didn't hate each other for the rest of your lives. At the end of the day though, you may need to come to terms with your boyfriend and sister dating. It's not easy but it doesn't sound like things are perfect with your boyfriend anyway. Remember, we all do stupid things when we've had a bit too much to drink. The worst thing some people can do is hang on to a failing relationship. I've seen it time and time again and I just know that their relationship won't work out but they continue to cause pain to each other when they could just break up and start the path to getting over each other. Bear that in mind.

And I thought I was a forgiving person. I don't understand how you can advocate maintaining a relationship with either of the people in this scenario when they can be that callous and selfish? It is just unhealthy to remain in any way attached to someone that is quite obviously a horrible person, whether you are related to them or not.

Yeah sure they were drunk, people do stupid things when drunk, but only things that a part of them wanted to do anyway. I get very drunk A LOT. My boyfriend is currently away for 14 weeks, the thought of cheating on him bar 'this guy is **** compared with my boyfriend, I don't understand why anyone would cheat' has not crossed my mind once. I don't really think being drunk is an excuse for such ridiculously harsh behaviour.

Latest

Trending

Trending