The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Liverpool John Moore Accomodation

I have applied for Primary Education at Liverpool John Moore University and was wondering what accomadation would be the best to stay in? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey alexandra, Im trying to find out the same!
Liverpool
Reply 2
I've been looking and the ones I'm looking at are grand central or Apollo court
Reply 3
Depends which campus youre on
Reply 4
Original post by KGW
Depends which campus youre on

I've checked with the university and its the I M Marsh campus
Reply 5
I'm going to be at I.M Marsh too, i'm going for Great Newton Hall
Reply 6
Original post by KGW
I'm going to be at I.M Marsh too, i'm going for Great Newton Hall

I just preferred the look of grand central and Apollo court but I'd rather have grand central
Reply 7
Grand Centrals apparently really grotty and its not all LJMU which put me off, and apparently they're always partying so i dont fancy sitting up all night hahahah

Apollo court looked nice, its just a smaller version than Great Newton
You can search for accomodation by the course you are doing.

Dont see the attraction to GC myself- for the price of the shared room you could get a room with an ensuite, and for the price of the ensuite room you could get a room with a double bed for £12 less a week. Rip off IMO.
Reply 9
Original post by alexandrakeith
I have applied for Primary Education at Liverpool John Moore University and was wondering what accomadation would be the best to stay in? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

HEY! so i gather you have had your interview and been offered a place? just wondering how long it took for them to get back to you, im still waiting 3 weeks later, getting impatient haha
Firmed my conditional offer for Marketing! Applied for the Grand Central Premium as my first choice, Opal Court Deluxe as my second and Apollo court Studio as my third choice, anybody know if these accoms are decent?
Original post by natalieslr
HEY! so i gather you have had your interview and been offered a place? just wondering how long it took for them to get back to you, im still waiting 3 weeks later, getting impatient haha

Hey :smile: no, my interview isnt until the 26th of march but they did get back to me about my interview really quickly, im becoming impatient just waiting for my interview haha
Original post by JackVermsTerms
Firmed my conditional offer for Marketing! Applied for the Grand Central Premium as my first choice, Opal Court Deluxe as my second and Apollo court Studio as my third choice, anybody know if these accoms are decent?

Ive looked into accomodation and i know grand central and apollo are really popular, but dont know anything about opal court
Reply 13
Ive looked into accomodation and i know grand central and apollo are really popular, but dont know anything about opal court

Before becoming a teacher, please learn to spell the word accommodation.

Cheers, I hope I get the Grand Central room.

Is anybody else here doing marketing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hey :smile: no, my interview isnt until the 26th of march but they did get back to me about my interview really quickly, im becoming impatient just waiting for my interview haha

Wow that's quite late haha!.. I have a feeling they're waiting till they have finished all the interviews before they make offers because there are few places.. So you will probably hear back within the week whereas I may have to wait till the end of march which will be two months since my interview date!!. Good luck with the interview, as weird as it sounds I enjoyed it. The staff were really nice and actually responded to your answers in the interview making me feel comfortable!
Original post by M1011
Before becoming a teacher, please learn to spell the word accommodation.

Wow! Obviously I know how to spell it as I've spelt it before, you clearly have nothing better to do then spell check people's threads. If it offends you that much then do not read it.
Original post by natalieslr
Wow that's quite late haha!.. I have a feeling they're waiting till they have finished all the interviews before they make offers because there are few places.. So you will probably hear back within the week whereas I may have to wait till the end of march which will be two months since my interview date!!. Good luck with the interview, as weird as it sounds I enjoyed it. The staff were really nice and actually responded to your answers in the interview making me feel comfortable!

Oh good! That makes me feel sooo much better now haha, did you talk about a book in your interview? I wonder why our interview dates are so far apart? Good luck tho, hope you get in! :smile:
Original post by KGW
Grand Centrals apparently really grotty and its not all LJMU which put me off, and apparently they're always partying so i dont fancy sitting up all night hahahah

Apollo court looked nice, its just a smaller version than Great Newton

Oh right, hopefully thats not too true! Not really up for that all the time haha, I'll probably be in Apollo or Great Newton anyway because I can't apply for accomodation until after my interview in March.
Reply 19
Hi there guys,

I was just wondering whether or not grand central would have any spaces left. The reason why I ask is because I've got a conditional offer which I've insured and there is a big chance that'll I'll be attending LJMU in September. So it has got me worrying seeing you lovely people looking forward to living at grand central. I spoke to student accommodation and they said that even if I didn't get a room there I could take someone's place who didn't get the results unfortunately. Sounds harsh I know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending