The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Idle
Can he please just come back? :moon:

Original post by Kenan and Kel
The beasts of '08. My man crush on Cristiano was reignited after Wednesday. What a guy.
Hopefully we can beat Real and go dancing and singing off to the later stages while he heads back to a gloomy Madrid, maybe linking up with all his old team mates and manager, having a laugh post game, if he gets a great reception at OT, the nostalgia will take over for him too. :moon:
I predict a Rooney brace on the second leg.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Hopefully we can beat Real and go dancing and singing off to the later stages while he heads back to a gloomy Madrid, maybe linking up with all his old team mates and manager, having a laugh post game, if he gets a great reception at OT, the nostalgia will take over for him too. :moon:

Wishful thinking:tongue:
Mancini can **** right off. I know it's 'mind games' but he's an absolute dick. All that money spent and he only won the league on goal difference. Two failures in Europe, one being record breakingly bad.
I can't help but get a feeling we'll be going out of the CL on away goals. Can see it being a 2-2 or 3-3 draw at home. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Original post by Idle
We seem to be getting solid draws in every competition this seasion..

Our last 27 FA cup games or so have been ridiculously biased towards facing PL competition, and i mean flat out bordering on it being fixed if i had any inclination to be a tin foil hat kinda guy but i'm not.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SirMasterKey
I can't help but get a feeling we'll be going out of the CL on away goals. Can see it being a 2-2 or 3-3 draw at home. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I was thinking the same thing, but I reckon, at home, we'll put in a SOLID performance, and Madrid won't deliver. I think 1-0 to United.
Reply 1347
Team to play Reading: De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Vidic, Buttner, Valencia, Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Hernandez, Welbeck.

Rooney left out of the 18. Liking that team tbh, would've liked to have seen Nani start but you can't have everyone. Anderson and Young both need game time so it's good. Strong team.
What does Nani have to do to play more often? :laugh:
Surprised Powell has not even made the bench. Surely having youngsters on the bench to bring on when we're winning is better than having Giggs/Carrick on the bench?
Original post by IanLim93
Surprised Powell has not even made the bench. Surely having youngsters on the bench to bring on when we're winning is better than having Giggs/Carrick on the bench?

Played a full game in the under 21s other day so it's no real surprise.
Reply 1351
Saw this on FB, the age of players when Giggs made his debut

Amazing
(edited 11 years ago)
Jones is so not a RB.
not looking good for Jones :s-smilie:

aw great shot by Nani
(edited 11 years ago)
Boring first half.

Reading getting every single soft free kick possible.

No-one really stepping up other than the first few minutes.

Anderson overhits the large majority of his through balls

Jones was poor at RB and now we have a winger there

Cleverson isn't doing much at all.
Reply 1355
Well that was boring.
Anderson overhits the majority of everything he does, it's annoying.
lol
3 draws and 2 defeats = City level on points
City made up 8 points in just 5 games, I'm not confident at all

Latest