The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by de_monies

Lol. Not sure why. Especially when there's a guy in my avatar :tongue: My posts aren't that girly are they? :tongue:

That'd be Karachi I believe. In Islamabad, even Mcdonalds has security!

I thought you were a girl too :tongue: maybe its the monies bit? haha! dont know!

also, omg yeah I'm pretty sure McDs was more expensive there, like 400rupees for a meaal or something? I'm not too sure
Original post by MedMed12
hmmm ahzam? hamaz? maazh? hmmmmm
maybe hamza?

:tongue:

Well done
Original post by LegendX
Well done

yay! do I win a prize?! :biggrin: I joke
There are afew hamzas these days, its become an increasingly common name aha
yay! do I win a prize?! :biggrin: I joke
There are afew hamzas these days, its become an increasingly common name aha

yeah dunno why though. My name could be azham:smile:
Original post by Zeegie
does anyone actually go to sleep??!?!!! jeeez 20 pgs maaannn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I even wished every one a gokd nights sleep . The others are nocturnal I guess :tongue:
[QUOTE="MedMed12;41506008"]
Original post by LegendX

ohh that sounds nice! Hmm I would recommend the city life at some point, althought its dirty and busy- its an experience.
Not really, I'm kind of used to it as my rels are all here, I never went to Pak until I was 11 but it was a good experience and I learnt alot. In Islamabad, we stay at our own house, but in lahore it was at a hotel. As we were there for 5 weeks, it did get abit lonely, but we did make friends with the neighbours daughters. Its probably not as exciting for us, as those with cousins and family to visit. Birmingham is my 'little pakistan' haha

hahaha I wish :P I woke up and couldnt sleep again! so annoyed as I may have just ruined my sleep pattern

Tbh I did prefer cities than my small little village
I thought you were a girl too :tongue: maybe its the monies bit? haha! dont know!

also, omg yeah I'm pretty sure McDs was more expensive there, like 400rupees for a meaal or something? I'm not too sure

Lol there is a guy in the avatar. Not me though!

400 rupees isn't that pricey tbf but every one at that mcdonalds seemed to be British

400 rupees isn't that pricey tbf but every one at that mcdonalds seemed to be British

haha i didnt notice :tongue:

oh no, its not pricey, but I meant compared to the UK its not that much cheaper, but macdonalds I guess would have a standard price (approx) everywhere.
hahaha omg yeah we noticed that too!

Tbh I did prefer cities than my small little village

haha yeah the nightlife is great compared to the UK (I guess the nightlife here is clubbing for most)
(edited 11 years ago)
haha i didnt notice :tongue:

oh no, its not pricey, but I meant compared to the UK its not that much cheaper, but macdonalds I guess would have a standard price (approx) everywhere.
hahaha omg yeah we noticed that too!

Oh yeah I get what you're saying there but I think they just have the same price worldwide

haha yeah the nightlife is great compared to the UK (I guess the nightlife here is clubbing for most)

What's it like there? Don't think id have been allowed regardless :tongue:

Don't go clubbing here. Don't really like it tbf
Oh yeah I get what you're saying there but I think they just have the same price worldwide

What's it like there? Don't think id have been allowed regardless :tongue:

Don't go clubbing here. Don't really like it tbf

yup
ohh haha I would never be allowed out without an adult -was always with the parents haha - like all the shops are open and everyones out and about as its cooler at night and its just all alive and rides are open and people chilling in the parks and what not.
Having said that, I've heard that there are underground clubs in pakistan. Some reason people there think clubbing is western etc

Same- dont have the intention to enter a club either

British?

yup
ohh haha I would never be allowed out without an adult -was always with the parents haha - like all the shops are open and everyones out and about as its cooler at night and its just all alive and rides are open and people chilling in the parks and what not.
Having said that, I've heard that there are underground clubs in pakistan. Some reason people there think clubbing is western etc

Same- dont have the intention to enter a club either

There are very few clubs, there's one in Marriott and stuff. But mostly people go to private parties which is just like clubbing but you usually know most of the people there.
Original post by AlligatorSky
British?

There are very few clubs, there's one in Marriott and stuff. But mostly people go to private parties which is just like clubbing but you usually know most of the people there.

haha VIP/ invite only clubbing :tongue:

haha VIP/ invite only clubbing :tongue:

In a way.
So it's much better. :P
In a way.
So it's much better. :P

haha I suppose much safer, but many would argue its haram still the idea of a mixed environment and no adults, music and dancing etc ?
if its
single-sex only and in a safe environment I think most asian parents wouldnt disagree
haha I suppose much safer, but many would argue its haram still the idea of a mixed environment and no adults, music and dancing etc ?
if its
single-sex only and in a safe environment I think most asian parents wouldnt disagree

Yes of course it's haram. But not many people care about religion there.
Yes of course it's haram. But not many people care about religion there.

haha yeah
i dont understand whats going on though there...
its like being western doesnt mean you do haram things. Many people here dont club, drink, eat pork but they presume we do :s-smilie:
I guess its unbringing maybe?
a gir
l i know came from pak and eats haram meat, I thought at first it might be because she didnt realise here its not halal seeing as everywhere in Pak it is, but I heard she just doesnt care

haha yeah
i dont understand whats going on though there...
its like being western doesnt mean you do haram things. Many people here dont club, drink, eat pork but they presume we do :s-smilie:
I guess its unbringing maybe?
a gir
l i know came from pak and eats haram meat, I thought at first it might be because she didnt realise here its not halal seeing as everywhere in Pak it is, but I heard she just doesnt care

I knoww. People here are so much more religious than people in Pakistan.
To be honest I ate haram meat when I came here too. Because it was really hard to give up on everything. But I got used to it and I don't anymore.
I knoww. People here are so much more religious than people in Pakistan.
To be honest I ate haram meat when I came here too. Because it was really hard to give up on everything. But I got used to it and I don't anymore.

aha yeah I thought id be considered bad there...
ohh but did you live in an area where no halal was available? we have alot of halal shops here
aha yeah I thought id be considered bad there...
ohh but did you live in an area where no halal was available? we have alot of halal shops here

I don't know. I mean the area I live in doesn't but areas near us do.
I guess we were just being fussy and stuff.

And it wasn't the meat we brought home, it was restaurant food. Like pizza hut or McDonalds.

Latest