The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology Beliefs in society 5 June 2013

A2 Sociology Unit 3:beliefs in society *OFFICIAL*revision thread

Exam date: 5 June 2013 (PM)

Hey,
I thought it would be useful if we had a revision thread for this unit because I don't think anyone had made one for this unit.

So, revise/discuss about this unit as much as you want. If you have some useful websites/revision notes or whatever, feel free to upload it on this thread. I will upload all my notes/resources too. :biggrin:

:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi do you have an Idea for what came up in January!?
Original post by Shakes93
Hi do you have an Idea for what came up in January!?

One of the big questions was if 'religion inhibits social change' and one of the 9 markers was about how religion disadvantages women. Can't remember the others, sorry :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by RandomPeopleDancin
One of the big questions was if 'religion inhibits social change' and one of the 9 markers was about how religion disadvantages women. Can't remember the others, sorry :s-smilie:

Oh thanks! :smile: Still searching around, I'll post here if I find anything.
Reply 4
I like this unit way more than crime and deviance, it's less and really interesting!
I've just done a 33 marker question of religion in modern day society and it wasn't too bad to write. How are you finding it?
Reply 5
Original post by J_say
I like this unit way more than crime and deviance, it's less and really interesting!
I've just done a 33 marker question of religion in modern day society and it wasn't too bad to write. How are you finding it?

It's a dull unit in my experience. I may teach the global development one next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Shakes93
Oh thanks! :smile: Still searching around, I'll post here if I find anything.

Jan papers come out next month. Email me and I will send them.

I have essay writing frames for those who want them. ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
If anyone needs help with this unit let me know as I'm confident with my knowledge I also have revision on nearly every section of this exam.
Reply 8
Assess the view that secularisation has been a feature of European societies - 33 marks. Help? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
A good site that I use is sociology exchange, has a lot of useful resources that teachers have uploaded :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
I have the January papers for all units. Inbox me your email and you can have them.
Original post by risteard
I have the January papers for all units. Inbox me your email and you can have them.

I inboxed you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hi.. I'm really struggling to write this 33 mark essay on Assess the view that religion is a conservative force.
Any help would be greatly appreciated? :smile:
Original post by yasminxx
Hi.. I'm really struggling to write this 33 mark essay on Assess the view that religion is a conservative force.
Any help would be greatly appreciated? :smile:

To begin,define what a meant by conservative force which is to prevent social change from occurring.

Then bring in theories who support it, I.e. functionalism, Marxism and feminists...

Then bring in those who believe it can help bring social change such as Steve Bruce and Max Weber :smile:

I believe it can be simple once you get a clear understanding of the structure of the question :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
didnt i send you a writing frame for this? if not inbox me your email

you need the westergaard book.
Reply 15
Original post by sheldorofazaroth
To begin,define what a meant by conservative force which is to prevent social change from occurring.

Then bring in theories who support it, I.e. functionalism, Marxism and feminists...

Then bring in those who believe it can help bring social change such as Steve Bruce and Max Weber :smile:

I believe it can be simple once you get a clear understanding of the structure of the question :smile:

i did include functionalism, marxism, feminism, weber, wallis, bruce, postmodernism, liberation theology and neo marxism but still felt like i hadnt put enough detail in and wasnt answering the essay title. but will await my mark. thank you :smile:
Reply 16
i'd expect my students to write 4 - 5 sides on this.

Comparative in style, weighing one up against the other.

If anybody would like the writing frame for this and other potential questions just inbox me with your email.
Some people say beliefs in society is an easier topic and exam in comparison to unit 4 crime and deviance etc. can I just say compared to it, I hate it and the first two bits of the spec are overlapping and rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got any good resources for this topic? Like websites etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Just saying Hi,

I'm also doing beliefs in society.

Is anyone else doing Stratification and Differentiation for unit 4?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending