The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6440
Hey everyone, I'm new to this group! I'm looking at tickets for the upcoming gig at the Emirates stadium in May since it's about 15 mins away by train, seems silly not to go! I've left it late so the only seated tickets left are right at the back, but there are still standing tickets...how mental do you think standing would be? I wouldn't fancy being totally crushed for the whole gig. I went to see them at the MEN in Manchester a few years ago and the standing crowd looked insane! Then again it could be awesome with some early queuing to get near the front. What do you guys reckon?
Original post by Pies
Hey everyone, I'm new to this group! I'm looking at tickets for the upcoming gig at the Emirates stadium in May since it's about 15 mins away by train, seems silly not to go! I've left it late so the only seated tickets left are right at the back, but there are still standing tickets...how mental do you think standing would be? I wouldn't fancy being totally crushed for the whole gig. I went to see them at the MEN in Manchester a few years ago and the standing crowd looked insane! Then again it could be awesome with some early queuing to get near the front. What do you guys reckon?

I'm pretty sure General Admission lets you either stand on the pitch or sit in Level 1 seats, so go for that. If it is just standing then I wouldn't worry, there's a lot more older people seeing Muse these days so it only really gets crazy right at the front (first 10 or 15 rows).
Reply 6442
Original post by rich2606
I'm pretty sure General Admission lets you either stand on the pitch or sit in Level 1 seats, so go for that. If it is just standing then I wouldn't worry, there's a lot more older people seeing Muse these days so it only really gets crazy right at the front (first 10 or 15 rows).

Oh great :smile: That sounds fine, I didn't realise there were unreserved seats as well. I'll go for it, thanks!
Muse in Vancouver last night, just an amazing show :rock:
So support for the UK stadium shows has been announced. Oh dear.

http://open.spotify.com/artist/0gusqTJKxtU1UTmNRMHZcv

:K:
Reply 6445
I don't mind Dizzee Rascal. He should be good fun, put on a decent performance and get the crowd going. He can't be any worse than how i've heard Lily Allen was anyway.
Reply 6446
Bloody hell, I see they played dead star last night:eek:

The gig is all on YouTube for anyone interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if there's still tickets for Coventry on 22nd May? It's my 18th birthday and a third Muse gig would be a killer present, parents just haven't bothered their arses yet and I don't want to miss out!
Original post by Olie
Bloody hell, I see they played dead star last night:eek:

The gig is all on YouTube for anyone interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a great opening to the gig. Lots of people shouted for Dead Star, but they then played Panic Station(?). After that, everyone shouted again and the lads must've heard as Matt then started taking requests for "old, ****in' weird ****" (?) from the audience. They definitely made it seem like a spur-of-the-moment thing. I was a bit surprised that they even had the synthesizers lined up to play it, but it's not a huge stretch to assume Morgan could sort that out at a moment's notice.

I got a bit bored towards the end because it was loaded with the massive hits, but I loved the first half!
Reply 6449
Apparently they sounchecked Dead Star and in the twitter Q&A thing someone asked if they had any old songs lined up and they replied that they had been practising Dead Star so i think they always planned on playing it, but in the gig they could obviously tell people were requesting it song made it look spontaneous.

They looked like they were having a lot of fun playing it so i hope they crack it out for a few of the summer shows!
Reply 6450
What do we reckon they'll play on the BRITS tomorrow night?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by josephpaterson
Anyone know if there's still tickets for Coventry on 22nd May? It's my 18th birthday and a third Muse gig would be a killer present, parents just haven't bothered their arses yet and I don't want to miss out!

Yes. http://www.gigsandtours.com/event/muse/ricoh-stadium/678343

General Admission = Standing
Original post by YMLT
What do we reckon they'll play on the BRITS tomorrow night?

Already confirmed it will be Supremacy (the next single) with a full orchestra and choir http://www.nme.com/news/muse/68368
Reply 6453
Original post by rich2606
Already confirmed it will be Supremacy (the next single) with a full orchestra and choir http://www.nme.com/news/muse/68368

Could be interesting. Not really a fan of that one though

Reply 6454
Supremacy and maybe Panic Station i guess
Original post by idontevenknow
Saw them tonight, absolutely incredible!! Played New Born in that roulette slot (if that makes sense :tongue:) and Falling Down from their first album. And encore was Starlight and Knights of Cydonia!!! :biggrin:

:O jealous much!!! I might have posted this before but my bro went to see them and I didnt get an invite :frown:; Muse are one of the bands I would love to see :biggrin: but they always seem to be sold out and/or not in the UK!
Original post by mattyb17
:O jealous much!!! I might have posted this before but my bro went to see them and I didnt get an invite :frown:; Muse are one of the bands I would love to see :biggrin: but they always seem to be sold out and/or not in the UK!

They're touring again this summer, definitely go! :biggrin: Most of the shows aren't sold out yet either. I actually just bought some tickets for my brothers birthday as a surprise (or an excuse for me to go again :h:)
Original post by idontevenknow
They're touring again this summer, definitely go! :biggrin: Most of the shows aren't sold out yet either. I actually just bought some tickets for my brothers birthday as a surprise (or an excuse for me to go again :h:)

You shouldnt need an excuse to see a brilliant band like Muse :biggrin: and yes very tempting
anyone going to any of the Emirates shows? I am, I'm so excited :biggrin:
Reply 6459
Original post by rawrr_charlotte
anyone going to any of the Emirates shows? I am, I'm so excited :biggrin:

I'm seeing them on the 26th :biggrin: so excited and Matt promised old stuff and maybe a few B sides

Quick Reply