Original post by Tommyjw
That RvP skill :coma:

Original post by jamiepango
That flick from RVP...

:coma:
Original post by mdajoka

:coma:

oh my... just oh my :eek:

(on another note, dammit welbeck learn to finish!)
Welbeck was pretty shocking in front of goal today tbh. Notjust that failure of kicking the ball out, but he took too long to shoot (if he ever did), tried to be too tricky when right up in the box and such. So annoying to have a player of his strength and link up play etc that just .. isn't a very good goalscorer at all.
Original post by MancBoy

Weird, always thought the champions league was better than the premier league, oh well.
What would you guys gain more satisfaction from- winning the PL or CL? Personally I would the PL as we need to reclaim our crown from MC, show them who's boss.
Original post by cheetahs56
What would you guys gain more satisfaction from- winning the PL or CL? Personally I would the PL as we need to reclaim our crown from MC, show them who's boss.

In isolation - the PL,
= alterative highlights Fairly crap tunnel cam provided by FA from reading game

Now MUTV own all the rights i hope they have plans to start doing similar things.

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
= alterative highlights Fairly crap tunnel cam provided by FA from reading game

Now MUTV own all the rights i hope they have plans to start doing similar things.

Have you seen City's youtube channel? Wish we had a channel like that..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1390
Original post by Stopmessing
Have you seen City's youtube channel? Wish we had a channel like that..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns
In isolation - the PL,

Seriously?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15

if it was a club that had won neither, (in isolation) - and you had a choice out of winning one or the other.. I would choose the PL,

For United at the moment.. I would probably choose the CL

:smile:
Original post by fallen_acorns
if it was a club that had won neither, (in isolation) - and you had a choice out of winning one or the other.. I would choose the PL,

For United at the moment.. I would probably choose the CL

:smile:

Ah fair enough, I thought you were talking about united right now.

Yeah that makes sense, only 5 teams have won the PL, way more have won the CL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1394
@Mark_Froggatt
Breaking: David Gill will step down as chief executive of #Mufc with effect from 30 June 2013. Ed Woodward will take over the role.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2013/Feb/david-gill-to-step-down-june-2013.aspx
Seemed like a great asset to the club who always put the team first (big part of the wages not being more than 50% thing).
Reply 1396
Lewandowski rumours are still not going away, his contract finishes next season and is looking to move, only Bayern are the other club interested and Dortmund would hate to sell them Lewandowski, could be a long term replacement for RVP, but that could end Hernandez career here and is he that much better than Hernandez (he is currently on less than half the wages of Chica) surely SAF can't keep 5 strikers happy.
Original post by rohitbd
Lewandowski rumours are still not going away, his contract finishes next season and is looking to move, only Bayern are the other club interested and Dortmund would hate to sell them Lewandowski, could be a long term replacement for RVP, but that could end Hernandez career here and is he that much better than Hernandez (he is currently on less than half the wages of Chica) surely SAF can't keep 5 strikers happy.

Yep it won't go away. Not sure if it's just recycled 'easy views' type stuff now. Apparently we were interested pre-RvP so it's likely just people rehashing the same stuff as they know there was an ounce of truth before. If he coems, someone is going though.

I'd rather sell Welbeck before we sold Hernandez anyway.

Also been fairly heavily linked recently to Son, the bundesliga forward. He's more of a versatile forward who can play out wide or as an AM though, but still.
Intrigued by what direction our behind the scenes situation will take with Woodward. Sad to see Gill go, he's been at the club for a long time.

Gill/SAF have worked pretty close together and I hope the new relationship between Woodward/SAF doesn't go down the route of Gazidas/Wenger not necessarily in relation to sellings players etc but different views coming across from both men that clash and affect things.

But I assume Woodward's been around backstage and knows SAF and vice versa.
Original post by cheetahs56

Ideally both. Winning both means that you're probably a very good-great team (and that's how the 1999 and 2008 teams are considered) rather than the teams who win it because they channel all their resouces into it after being out of the running in their domestic leagues by February (as have a lot of recent finalists).

The league is the basic requirement; actually, probably more than basic considering the manner we threw it away last season, as you say. But we'll stick to basic. It tests your consistency over 38 games, particularly testing the strength in depth of your squad - this is one of the areas Arsenal come short, Arteta and Cazorla looked knackered last night. Winning the league is the bare minimum of what a good team should be doing.

Due to the nature of the CL - a cup competition so, naturally, an element of luck is involved - it's incredibly hard to win. Not to mention that you're playing against quality sides, there are 7-8 sides who could realistically win it each season with little separating them (dodgy tactics, even if for the last half hour of a match, one error [away goal rule can also be deadly], sending offs, bad officiating, and etc, are usually enough to see you out). And it's not just luck in the competition that you need but luck outside of it - it helps if you have the league wrapped up early but the fixtures have to fall kindly for you if you're challenging on all fronts. But it's very hard to win, particularly with Barca around now, so I'm less forgiving when we fail to deliver success in the CL. It does produce some great moments, pre-match and in-match nerves in the knockout stages like no other competition, so winning it is a great feeling.

So I can't think of them in isolation. Winning the league is the basic requirement and more than satisfactory. But if we don't, the CL is extremely good consolation. I think that's how Chelsea fans would have viewed their triumph last season. Ideally, you win both the league and the CL, it's a bit odd when you're the European champions but not even the best team in your country. :sly: I think winning it when you're not winning the league may even work against your development as a team, but it depends.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest