University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Matty12345
And..... Im really unsure whether I need the ensuite or not. Such hard decisions

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really don't. You won't get the choice in second year (unless you and all your housemates are willing to pay the extortionate rent of one of the very few ensuite houses in CP/Evington) so you may as well get used to it in first.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by roh
You really don't. You won't get the choice in second year (unless you and all your housemates are willing to pay the extortionate rent of one of the very few ensuite houses in CP/Evington) so you may as well get used to it in first.

Ah yeah I see what you mean. So how many bathrooms/per person is there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 722
Ah yeah I see what you mean. So how many bathrooms/per person is there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Varies. Normally about 5 people to one toilet and one shower. In Beaumont it's 3 toilets and 2 showers between 10.
Ive firmed Leicester so can I already apply for accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 724
Ive firmed Leicester so can I already apply for accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They email once you can, probably be in around 2-4 weeks. If you've not been on a visit day yet do that first though.
I went last week and im attached to it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 726
My girlfriend is staying at a place called "CODE" next year, shes in the year above me. I kinda wanna be near her so its easier for us, but then again, I really wanna stay at John Fosters or Bowder Court, I want an ensuite aswell. Does anyone know how much it will roughly cost a week for John Fosters or Bowder Court? Only problem is getting to the city centre, buses aint my thing but I guess Ill buy an annual pass for the sake of it. But yeah woooo leicester!!
Reply 727
Also, is anyone going to the UCAS Applicant day on 23rd Feb (this saturday) ?
Original post by Azar123
My girlfriend is staying at a place called "CODE" next year, shes in the year above me. I kinda wanna be near her so its easier for us, but then again, I really wanna stay at John Fosters or Bowder Court, I want an ensuite aswell. Does anyone know how much it will roughly cost a week for John Fosters or Bowder Court? Only problem is getting to the city centre, buses aint my thing but I guess Ill buy an annual pass for the sake of it. But yeah woooo leicester!!

Why base your university life on a relationship when its likely to end with challanages of uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 729
Why base your university life on a relationship when its likely to end with challanages of uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, only he knows his own relationship. It's true that most relationships do end over uni, but doesn't mean they all do.

I've been with my gf throughout uni even though she's not in Leicester (she goes to Birmingham) and I did a year abroad, and now I'm moving down there next year whilst she does her final year.
Original post by roh
To be fair, only he knows his own relationship. It's true that most relationships do end over uni, but doesn't mean they all do.

I've been with my gf throughout uni even though she's not in Leicester (she goes to Birmingham) and I did a year abroad, and now I'm moving down there next year whilst she does her final year.

Well you 2 sir, are a very good couple. I wish you happiness on your wedding day :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 731
Well you 2 sir, are a very good couple. I wish you happiness on your wedding day :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks :smile:
Reply 732
Original post by roh

Damn right I know my own relationship :smile: Do you know why? Ive been with her for a year, and if she didn't help me like she did, I wouldn't even have an offer from Leicester, probably woulda been in Greenwich or something so yeah, my gf has helped me with my career path to and she wants me to be succesful :smile: shes a law freshers at leicester atm. But yes I understand you, before I met her I obvi just wanted to enjoy what uni has to offer as a single lad just like anyone else, but this girls spent her whole first freshers year of uni hardly going out, helping me out and just having faith that I get in so we can just be together there. Well done on your relationship btw^ my statement is directed to the guy who said "why base your blablabla". If it doesn't work out, oh well i guess but nothing wrong with trying to repay the favour for someone you love :smile: But yeah anyway back to the point lol, can someone answer my question? :/
Original post by Azar123
Damn right I know my own relationship :smile: Do you know why? Ive been with her for a year, and if she didn't help me like she did, I wouldn't even have an offer from Leicester, probably woulda been in Greenwich or something so yeah, my gf has helped me with my career path to and she wants me to be succesful :smile: shes a law freshers at leicester atm. But yes I understand you, before I met her I obvi just wanted to enjoy what uni has to offer as a single lad just like anyone else, but this girls spent her whole first freshers year of uni hardly going out, helping me out and just having faith that I get in so we can just be together there. Well done on your relationship btw^ my statement is directed to the guy who said "why base your blablabla". If it doesn't work out, oh well i guess but nothing wrong with trying to repay the favour for someone you love :smile: But yeah anyway back to the point lol, can someone answer my question? :/

Oh I see, it will work for some couples I guess and if it does theres nothing better!

Im choosing accomodation for Leicestet right now! For september. I've been to look twice at the student village in Oadby and its excellent! Consisting of JohnFosters, GMS, Beaumont! Its in the richest postcode in Leicester so the area is really nice.

Have you looked round the student village?

I see the halls as..
JohnFosters: Too expensive and unsociable lol
GMS: Cheap/Basic but looks sociable, especially with having the student bar outside it!
Beaumont: Reasonable price/looks , the nicest, large halls so very sociable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 734
Original post by Azar123

Your GF is down near DMU and the LRI from what I can gather from google maps. I wouldn't base your decision of where to live based on where she is, if it's meant to be you'll make the effort to go see each other even if it's a thousand of miles (I can say literally from personal experience), if it's not you won't from a mile away.

Your relationship will survive in part because you have your own friendship groups and don't live in each other's pockets, I don't think any relationship can survive being in each other's pockets 24/7 and not having friends/interests outside it, whether it's 6 weeks or 60 years old. The best place to meet people at Leicester is, by a fair distance in my experience, up at Oadby and I wouldn't sacrifice that just to save 10-15 mins from the journey to see her down there.

Also, just as a tip for when you get here, limit your time together in the first week, it may be tempting to go see each other all the time, but friendships form quickly at uni and you don't want to be known just as 'the guy who's always with his gf'.

Also, excellent choice of course by her (particularly if she wants to be a solicitor!) :tongue:
Reply 735
Original post by roh
Your GF is down near DMU and the LRI from what I can gather from google maps. I wouldn't base your decision of where to live based on where she is, if it's meant to be you'll make the effort to go see each other even if it's a thousand of miles (I can say literally from personal experience), if it's not you won't from a mile away.

Your relationship will survive in part because you have your own friendship groups and don't live in each other's pockets, I don't think any relationship can survive being in each other's pockets 24/7 and not having friends/interests outside it, whether it's 6 weeks or 60 years old. The best place to meet people at Leicester is, by a fair distance in my experience, up at Oadby and I wouldn't sacrifice that just to save 10-15 mins from the journey to see her down there.

Also, just as a tip for when you get here, limit your time together in the first week, it may be tempting to go see each other all the time, but friendships form quickly at uni and you don't want to be known just as 'the guy who's always with his gf'.

Also, excellent choice of course by her (particularly if she wants to be a solicitor!) :tongue:

Haha ofc I will make the effort! Truth is, thats exactly what i want to do. Just be a distance away from her so I can make new friends and settle in first and then go down and visit her whenever. Shes a bit of a clingy one haha :P She won't mind me making friends in the first week as long as it aint too many hot girls :biggrin: haha. I don't like her uni mates much atm anyway mainly coz they're a bit bitchy, so I defo won't be in the same friendship group no way lol :smile: And thank you so much for the advice mate, kinda needed to hear that it worked for someone else! You've made my day lol, Oadby it is :smile: I'll put Opal out the equation for now haha. And thank you she wants to be a barrister lol helped me out a lot. Anyway before people get annoyed this is like some dating thread, I want to say thanks for the advice!! :smile: Goodluck to you

Oh I see, it will work for some couples I guess and if it does theres nothing better!

Im choosing accomodation for Leicestet right now! For september. I've been to look twice at the student village in Oadby and its excellent! Consisting of JohnFosters, GMS, Beaumont! Its in the richest postcode in Leicester so the area is really nice.

Have you looked round the student village?

I see the halls as..
JohnFosters: Too expensive and unsociable lol
GMS: Cheap/Basic but looks sociable, especially with having the student bar outside it!
Beaumont: Reasonable price/looks , the nicest, large halls so very sociable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks mate :smile: Yeah Ive been hearing JF is expensive, Bowder Court looks like the one for me :biggrin: I went to go see it and its amazing, John fosters looked nice too but youre right, quite pricey for me. I haven't seen Beaumont yet, goodluck on picking yours out! :smile: I still have one more uni offer to wait on so I can apply for accom! :/
Hmmm ive never got to see Bowder court on open days! Is that part of GMS? what does it offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 737
Hmmm ive never got to see Bowder court on open days! Is that part of GMS? what does it offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, up near Stamford houses. It's self catered ensuite, some really posh like JoFo others just standard sort of ones. Think there's about 6/7 blocks, vast majority are freshers.
I am a fresher at University of Leicester and i thoroughly recommend living in Beaumont Hall. In terms of quality it is pretty average, but it is student accommodation after all, but the social side makes it worth while. So many people in John Foster always tell me how jealous they are when they find out i live in Beaumont. The social side off the halls will defiantly make first year the best possible. If anyone has any questions feel free to email me :smile:
Hi guys, I could really do with some help choosing where to live:smile:
I literally can't afford anything other than self catered basic/premium, and I definately want to live at Oadby.
Preferably, I'd like to live along some kind of corridor - I don't really like the look of the converted houses - and I'd rather share with more than 4 people (Although I'm not that fussed)
Can someone please tell me what's available?
From the outside, I really liked the look of Bowder, but apparently thats all ensuite?
Oh and please quote if replying :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending