The Student Room Group

Anyone had adult nursing interviews at Chester/Uclan?

Scroll to see replies

I had my interview at UCLan today for mental health nursing, does anyone know roughly how long it takes for them to get back to you as its myast one to hear back from now! :/ xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anizz91
By the way the maths is not basic it was not on my selection day,it was hard and no one could finish it completely just want to warn you! Learn drug calculations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you, i hope you other interviews go better than the hull one :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Kayley-Jayne
ok thank you, i hope you other interviews go better than the hull one :smile:

Haha I actually just received a conditional offer from hull so I might see you there I don't know yet :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anizz91
Haha I actually just received a conditional offer from hull so I might see you there I don't know yet :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done :smile: hopefully i have to get through my interview first :L
Reply 24
Original post by Kayley-Jayne
well done :smile: hopefully i have to get through my interview first :L

Thanks i thought it was a disaster lol You'll be fine just practice maths :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I got an offer for adult nursing 2 weeks after interview from Uclan :smile: xxx
Reply 26
Original post by jademichelle1993
I have applied to Mental Health Nursing at Chester, Keele, LJMU, Edge Hill and UCLan.
I got unsuccessful at Chester without an interview.
Interview at UCLan tomorrow.
Interview and offered a place at Keele, Edge Hill and LJMU :smile:.
Does anyone have any pointers/advice for the UCLan interview pleaseee? Or how the day is run? Just anything please :smile: sorry I know this is an aduly nursing forum but they normally run in the same way :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

how was the interview at Keele? I have one on the 7th of March :smile:
Original post by MissRudo
how was the interview at Keele? I have one on the 7th of March :smile:

I felt it was awful! But it was my first interview so might be why:smile: they ask you about why nursing/mental health, what qualities can you bring, why keele, image of a nurse then few scenario based questions:smile:. Just take your time:smile:. I thought id get declined from there but after the interview I had laugh and a joke with them so just try and get your personality across:smile: if I get offered a place with not being able to put a proper sentence together through the interview, im sure you'll be fine:smile: haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I felt it was awful! But it was my first interview so might be why:smile: they ask you about why nursing/mental health, what qualities can you bring, why keele, image of a nurse then few scenario based questions:smile:. Just take your time:smile:. I thought id get declined from there but after the interview I had laugh and a joke with them so just try and get your personality across:smile: if I get offered a place with not being able to put a proper sentence together through the interview, im sure you'll be fine:smile: haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha thanks, how soon did they get back to you? how about Edge Hill? I am still waiting to hear from them. did you ask any questions afterwards? I never know what to ask lol. sorry, so many questions, I am just really nervous :/ xx
haha thanks, how soon did they get back to you? how about Edge Hill? I am still waiting to hear from them. did you ask any questions afterwards? I never know what to ask lol. sorry, so many questions, I am just really nervous :/ xx

They told me takes up to two weeks to get back to you, then two weeks came - no reply, so I took it as 'maybe two working weeks' - still no reply, then day after the two working weeks was up - I got a reply haha!
I asked how long it takes for them to get back to people and a couple of questions about accommodation but thats it. My dads a teacher and very high up at his school so does a lot of the interviews and when I asked him he said he never does/heard of an interviewer who judges you on the questions you ask after so if you have no questions just reply with 'nope I think you answered everything earlier/online'. But if you do have a question - ask :smile: just make sure its not sumit they highlighted online or sumit. If its sumit you think they mentioned in the talk just say 'i think you mentioned a bit about this earlier...' Honestly dont worry - its such a relaxed interview, I enjoyed mine there so much ahah xx
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
hi! i have an interview at uclan and Chester any1 had theirs to any of these? any tips on what to expect
Reply 31
Thanx for yo advise
Reply 32
They told me takes up to two weeks to get back to you, then two weeks came - no reply, so I took it as 'maybe two working weeks' - still no reply, then day after the two working weeks was up - I got a reply haha!
I asked how long it takes for them to get back to people and a couple of questions about accommodation but thats it. My dads a teacher and very high up at his school so does a lot of the interviews and when I asked him he said he never does/heard of an interviewer who judges you on the questions you ask after so if you have no questions just reply with 'nope I think you answered everything earlier/online'. But if you do have a question - ask :smile: just make sure its not sumit they highlighted online or sumit. If its sumit you think they mentioned in the talk just say 'i think you mentioned a bit about this earlier...' Honestly dont worry - its such a relaxed interview, I enjoyed mine there so much ahah xx
Posted from TSR Mobile

aha, okay thanks :smile: sorry I have so many questions lol. I noticed that they want a copy of my driver's license but I don't drive, do you think they give first priority to drivers or something like that lol? I am just really worried that's all
aha, okay thanks :smile: sorry I have so many questions lol. I noticed that they want a copy of my driver's license but I don't drive, do you think they give first priority to drivers or something like that lol? I am just really worried that's all

Hahaa its fine, honestly:smile: I know how many unanswered questions I had so I just wana help people as best as I can:smile:.
If you dont drive, dont worry about it, aslong as got some other ID it should be okay, so like passport.
I know my friend applied for paramedics and they specify that they want a full driving licence and Edge Hill dont so should be okay :smile:. They'll understand that not everyone drives as im 20 in july so I have mine whereas some people may have just turned 17 in august so may not have passed test yet etc. Could always ring them to double check?:smile: but 99.99999% sure they wont hold it against you :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Hahaa its fine, honestly:smile: I know how many unanswered questions I had so I just wana help people as best as I can:smile:.
If you dont drive, dont worry about it, aslong as got some other ID it should be okay, so like passport.
I know my friend applied for paramedics and they specify that they want a full driving licence and Edge Hill dont so should be okay :smile:. They'll understand that not everyone drives as im 20 in july so I have mine whereas some people may have just turned 17 in august so may not have passed test yet etc. Could always ring them to double check?:smile: but 99.99999% sure they wont hold it against you :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got a bit worried when I saw that bit that's all, I will probably ask them at the interview, knowing me I will forget as well :/ Thanks for all the help though. I am already 20 and still don't drive lol xx
Reply 35

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did keele take to get back to you after your interview?
Original post by emilygould
How long did keele take to get back to you after your interview?

I wana say it was sumit like three or so weeks but not entirely sure:smile: speaking to a girl who eas at my keele interview then another one after, it seemed like they do the rejections first cause she heard from them before I did :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I wana say it was sumit like three or so weeks but not entirely sure:smile: speaking to a girl who eas at my keele interview then another one after, it seemed like they do the rejections first cause she heard from them before I did :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said two weeks to me! really hope this is true! well done!!
Hi got an interview for UCLAN on Friday and a interview for Cumbria a week today and Edge Hill interview on 10th April!! Haven't heard off Chester yet so I have taken it as I haven't got a place (is anyone else till waiting to hear off Chester?)

really nervous for about how to answer the questions any tips and UCLAN is just group interviews isn't it??

Thanks becky xx
Reply 39
Hi I had an interview on the 21st of Febuary and im still waiting to hear back x

Quick Reply

Latest