The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by poopnoddy
If Milan get an away goal, which is likely, then Barca need to score 4 goals against a team with 11 men behind the ball, can see Madrid beating them in the copa too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And how will Milan score with 11 men behind the ball :beard:
Original post by 419

They managed to twice with near enough 10 men behind the ball

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419

Set piece, counter attack eg Chelsea last season.
Original post by 419

Chelsea did it with 10 men behind the ball and the 11th sent off.
Think Barcelona are missing Tito quite a bit.
Abidal given all clear to return to play football again.
Reply 1306
Original post by Malevolent
Abidal given all clear to return to play football again.

Wonderful news. :h:
Original post by Abiraleft
Wonderful news. :h:

Miss the guy. Glad he recovered !
Pretty obvious Roura got the tactics all wrong yesterday. Barcelona have been lacking since Villanova went for treatment. To counter the parking the bus its obvious you play two wingers to stretch the pitch. Tello and Pedro. Iniesta as a left winger just drifted in the middle the whole time never outside. When Villanova left the stretching the field tactic was not being employed anymore. They made the pitch the narrowest it could be to make it as compact as possible. At the Nou camp this is not going to happen. USE THE DAMN WIDTH!

Also players didn't press for the ball it was a lazy effort from lots of them just walking. Puyol cannot be played in games where most the team is going to be so far up the pitch. Mascherano is perfect for those kind of games and has the pace to recover, he also distributes the ball better.
Reply 1309
OOOOHHHHH!!!

What a goal by Ibai for A.Bilbao!

You've got to see it. What a volley.

It's been an entertaining high tempo game so far with some good technical ability on show as usual.

Which is why La Liga is the best league in the world :biggrin:
Tello should be starting... Rura has been pretty poor with his tactics and selections.
I love you Villa :coma:

What a cross though.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
I love you Villa :coma:

What a cross though.

Villa and Tello should start two players who just want to score. About as direct as you get.
Villa and Tello should start two players who just want to score. About as direct as you get.

Tello just turned the game on it's head. What a player.
Tello just turned the game on it's head. What a player.

This is how we should have played against Milan. Tello and Villa on. I know Villa wasn't available but you get my drift. Thing at Milan was we lacked so much Width. With Tello and Villa it really stretches teams horizontally.
(edited 11 years ago)
This is how we should have played against Milan. Tello and Villa on. I know Villa wasn't available but you get my drift. Thing at Milan was we lacked so much Width. With Tello and Villa it really stretches teams horizontally.

True. I don't understand the logic behind playing Iniesta as a LW, he's always drifting inside as you don't have the opportunity to stretch teams. Barca's style of play requires wing play. I can see Barca turning it around against Milan if Tello and Villa start, your a completely different team when you have players who actually want to take on defenders.
True. I don't understand the logic behind playing Iniesta as a LW, he's always drifting inside as you don't have the opportunity to stretch teams. Barca's style of play requires wing play. I can see Barca turning it around against Milan if Tello and Villa start, your a completely different team when you have players who actually want to take on defenders.

I don't want to jinx it but i can as well. By playing Iniesta we basically put every attack through the middle. Wing play was non existent. Milan knew every attack was going to go through the middle. They didn't stretch Milan it was so easy. Also the lack of pressing the man was concerning, so many times they just walked back when usually they hound the opposition for the ball. Right now Tello is justifying that he should have come on not Sanchez.
One thing that really annoys me is the automatic yellow for a hand ball but so many times the ref doesn't give it. Sometimes they give it then other times they don't. Isn't it supposed to be for every handball...
Tale of two halves that. One Tello came on Sevilla got scared. The game became open then.

To be honest I have always assumed it is to accommodate Cesc. I certainly prefer Iniesta being central. He is more natural in that position and it means they can have an extra pure attacker on the field, be it Villa, Tello or Alexis.

But what do I know, i'm just some punk posting on TSR :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest