The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tommyjw
Yep it won't go away. Not sure if it's just recycled 'easy views' type stuff now. Apparently we were interested pre-RvP so it's likely just people rehashing the same stuff as they know there was an ounce of truth before. If he coems, someone is going though.

I'd rather sell Welbeck before we sold Hernandez anyway.

Also been fairly heavily linked recently to Son, the bundesliga forward. He's more of a versatile forward who can play out wide or as an AM though, but still.

Some rumours saying he has a pre-agreement with Bayern anyway- was waiting for Pep to join the club?
Reply 1401
Interesting match here between AC Milan and Barcelona where Milan are currently 2-0 up with the match almost ending. They've been playing really well and if they play the same way in the Nou Camp then that's Barcelona gone out of the competition strangely early.

But it's pretty good for us because if we and AC Milan do progress against Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively then we know that no where along the rest of the Champions League will we face Barcelona.
I actually think Bayern are more of a threat than Barcelona. Too many times have you seen teams capable of shutting down Barcelona.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1403
What a result, if we get through and Milan get through, then our chances of CL glory will be much higher, Dortmund, Bayern and Juve must be looking at these 2 ties and rubbing their hands while they're at it.
Reply 1404
Reminds of me us getting beaten by barca 2 yrs ago only Rooney turned up to that match

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1405
Good news for Ronaldo, bad news for us: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/21/manchester-united-phil-jones-real-madrid

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Phil Jones has only an "outside chance" of being fit for Manchester United's Champions League second-leg against Real Madrid on 5 March.
Jones suffered an ankle injury during Monday's FA Cup win over Reading and is having intense treatment in the hope of being available for the Old Trafford match.
Ferguson said: "We are working very hard. He has an outside chance for Real Madrid - no more than that. He is a young man who went into a tackle too brave and was a bit off-balanced. He certainly won't be fit for the weekend."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQmk840hd_8&feature=youtu.be

Google + 'Hangout' from DHL of Rooney ,Evans and Cleverley answering fans questions, starting soon.
Original post by Stopmessing
I actually think Bayern are more of a threat than Barcelona. Too many times have you seen teams capable of shutting down Barcelona.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yes, but with the way SAF sets up, Barcelona would probably still have our number.

In any case, I would rather face Bayern over two legs (or one), than Barcelona, in terms of our chances of winning. I think we're more suited to dealing with Bayern.

Oh, and if anyone has a spare ticket for Real, I'm willing to hit three figures (and beyond, damnit) for that ticket.
Barcelona don't want Bayern.

Bayern don't want M.United.

M.United don't want Barcelona.
Original post by qasidb
Good news for Ronaldo, bad news for us: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/21/manchester-united-phil-jones-real-madrid

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Phil Jones has only an "outside chance" of being fit for Manchester United's Champions League second-leg against Real Madrid on 5 March.
Jones suffered an ankle injury during Monday's FA Cup win over Reading and is having intense treatment in the hope of being available for the Old Trafford match.
Ferguson said: "We are working very hard. He has an outside chance for Real Madrid - no more than that. He is a young man who went into a tackle too brave and was a bit off-balanced. He certainly won't be fit for the weekend."

This brings an interesting dilemma. I think we'll bring in Cleverley, and Valencia for Kagawa for the return leg. Although, Nani did impress against Reading. Wouldn't right off Jones just yet though.
Cleverly could come in and I'm sure he'll be tight to Ronaldo in regards to trying to keep pace with him but Jones in the first leg did much more than to stop Ronaldo. It was his all-round defensive performance that will be missed if he doesn't make it. Let's hope he does.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
This brings an interesting dilemma. I think we'll bring in Cleverley, and Valencia for Kagawa for the return leg. Although, Nani did impress against Reading. Wouldn't right off Jones just yet though.

I hope jones can make it, having him in the team would help keep the clean sheet. it'll be interesting to see who starts in the CB roles for that game. Can't wait for the game. I think the games against QPR and Norwich will give the players a chance to prove they deserve to play against Madrid. Valencia really needs to step up.
^I think we should go with Evans and Rio again. They were outstanding in the first game and tbh if they line up as he same as the Bernabeu then Ronaldo should be dealt with by Rafael (who needs to start better this time) and Jones or whoever replaces him. Benzema/Higuain are playing as if they don't want to be there so I hope either of them do play as they'll end up being a useless number on the pitch. I've heard maybe Jose might try to unsettle us by playing Ronaldo up top which if it is the case then the temptation could be for Vidic to handle the strength of our former man.
Original post by IanLim93
I hope jones can make it, having him in the team would help keep the clean sheet. it'll be interesting to see who starts in the CB roles for that game. Can't wait for the game. I think the games against QPR and Norwich will give the players a chance to prove they deserve to play against Madrid. Valencia really needs to step up.

I reckon SAF will opt for Evans and Rio again, after how well they did in Madrid. Hopefully the competition for a start in the big games will bring an overall improvement in quality to our side.
Reply 1414
Sir Alex wants Nani to sign: The boss says negotiations are ongoing to extend Nani's contract at Old Trafford . Link

Great news. Valencia has been so poor for ages this season, and Nani's midweek performance was great. He deserves to get regular starts on the right.
Original post by DH1'
Sir Alex wants Nani to sign: The boss says negotiations are ongoing to extend Nani's contract at Old Trafford . Link

Great news. Valencia has been so poor for ages this season, and Nani's midweek performance was great. He deserves to get regular starts on the right.

I also saw Anderson denies any rumours and insists he is happy. Tbh I like Anderson and want to see him to do well. Nani can be frustrating but no doubt when he performs he is one of our best, he just needs consistency. I hope this is that start of some great form for him.
Dammit, just ruins my hopes of some amazing Ronaldo deal even more.
So this guy says , essentially, Juan Fernando Quintero will sign for Manchester United and it's almost a done deal unless something changes which is unlikely.

No idea on his reliability, says his source is a personal friend of the guy. His past tweets don't seem to indicate that he makes hsit up or says random crap like this, at a glance, ofc you never know.

Been linked with him a few times over the past few months in some semi-decent ways

A 20 year old left footed creative midfielder, mainly as an AM, known for his movement and dribbling on the ball
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Dammit, just ruins my hopes of some amazing Ronaldo deal even more.

Would be too expensive.
Original post by 122025278
Would be too expensive.

Won't be saying that when we win the treble.

Latest