The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 1
Original post by louise6427
Hi I'm new to the OU and will be starting my course next week but the one question I need answering is how do iCMA and TMA work? How do I complete them and send them back? Would I be able to use the libary computer also? I can't find the answer anywhere so I will appreciate any help. Thank you.

iCMAs are completed online and are computer marked. Whilst logged into your OU account go to 'student home' then 'assessment'. There will be a list of all the iCMAs (and TMAs) on your course, as well as cutoff dates for submission. Simply click on the one you wish to do, read the instructions and click begin. There is no time limit and you can stop at any point and log out and your progress up to that point will be automatically saved. Once you've completed all the questions make sure to click submit answers before the cutoff date for the particular iCMA you're doing.

TMAs are marked by your tutor and must therefore be submitted to your tutor via the OU website. All the TMAs on your course can again be found on the 'assessments' section of your student home page. Click on a specific TMA and the questions for that particular TMA will be displayed on the screen. You can then complete these questions, usually in a word document format, then upload the document by clicking on submit in the 'action' column on the assessments page. It is recommended (by the OU) that you submit the 'dummy TMA' to ensure that your tutor can read the format of your document(s) and also in order to familiarise yourself with the system.

Good luck and enjoy your course.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Thank you so much.
Reply 3
With some courses, such as Maths, you have to send the TMA via post.
Reply 4
I'm studying starting with maths....does that count?
Original post by Futility
iCMAs are completed online and are computer marked. Whilst logged into your OU account go to 'student home' then 'assessment'. There will be a list of all the iCMAs (and TMAs) on your course, as well as cutoff dates for submission. Simply click on the one you wish to do, read the instructions and click begin. There is no time limit and you can stop at any point and log out and your progress up to that point will be automatically saved. Once you've completed all the questions make sure to click submit answers before the cutoff date for the particular iCMA you're doing.

TMAs are marked by your tutor and must therefore be submitted to your tutor via the OU website. All the TMAs on your course can again be found on the 'assessments' section of your student home page. Click on a specific TMA and the questions for that particular TMA will be displayed on the screen. You can then complete these questions, usually in a word document format, then upload the document by clicking on submit in the 'action' column on the assessments page. It is recommended (by the OU) that you submit the 'dummy TMA' to ensure that your tutor can read the format of your document(s) and also in order to familiarise yourself with the system.

Good luck and enjoy your course.

Thank you so much.
I too am new to the OU and was just about to ask this exact same thing, as I noticed that there is a mixture of iCMAs and TMAs with my next module - which - for my sins - is maths

Latest