The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Original post by Mike93L
Are you doing physical or biological?

Biological, why?
Reply 1821
Just firmed :biggrin:

Probably the scariest part of the whole application :wink: Lol but yeah, thankfully didn't press any wrong buttons and now I'm super excited and scared too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Morx
Biological, why?

Just wondering. I'm a physnatsci at Downing :smile:
Original post by _Georgie

Who else do you know of then? :smile:
I'd say this thread, as the STEP thread is busier & includes people not going to Cam. Maybe we could make a thread and anyone googling it for info will see it & can join if they like! If it doesn't get much attention it wouldn't matter

I'll be on it, as will TheLuggage.
Just wondering if anyone else has got a financial guarantee form? (Mines from magdalene...not sure if anywhere else has sent them out), and whether anyone knows if what you need to do if you are getting a student loan for tuition fees, but private funding for maintenance ( for the first year, anyway)... It asks for a letter from your 'sponsor' if you are being privately funded for the whole thing, but I'm not sure if this is needed in my vase...anyone know anything about this? I emailed the address on the letter a few days ago, but no reply yet...
Reply 1825
I just filled in the form to confirm place on the STEP course in Easter - I didn't realise Cam offered something this great! Free accommodation/food and 5 days being tutored in STEP - I'm unbelievably excited.
& I get to meet loads of people who may be joining me in October :biggrin:

After you filled the online form, did you get any confirmation email or things like that saying they've got your reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1826
Original post by Leo Lee
After you filled the online form, did you get any confirmation email or things like that saying they've got your reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got an automatic email confirming my details with contact details for who to tell if I made a mistake or something changes, but that's all.
Reply 1827
Original post by DJMayes
I'll be on it, as will TheLuggage.

Well I'll see you there! :wink:
Reply 1828
Yeah I got an automatic email confirming my details with contact details for who to tell if I made a mistake or something changes, but that's all.

how weird I didn't get anything. I'll probably fill in the form again to make sure. Thank you very much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1829
Original post by Leo Lee
how weird I didn't get anything. I'll probably fill in the form again to make sure. Thank you very much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah make sure you filled everything out and ticked any boxes, hopefully it'll be fine, otherwise send them an email.
That makes 4 of us!
Reply 1830
I'm sure youll have a great time.
I dont need to go as Sheffield Uni is running a weekly course on STEP for us here who need to pass it and its free. They obviously dont get anything out of it re maths undergrads but there are some year 12's on it. The Maths dept have really thrown there weight into it and we have some top lecturers and support.
Still looking forward to Girton hopefully in October.
Reply 1831
Yeah make sure you filled everything out and ticked any boxes, hopefully it'll be fine, otherwise send them an email.
That makes 4 of us!

Yes, I checked it and found out that it was actually in my junk mails. LOL. See you in April then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. Way.

Spoiler

Can any current mathmos confirm that this is true?
That makes 4 of us!

Did you get another email regarding the Study School warning about tonight's deadline? I got one and just want to make sure it's not because I've applied incorrectly...

Original post by Lord of the Flies
No. Way.

Spoiler

Can any current mathmos confirm that this is true?

We can only hope...
Reply 1834
Original post by DJMayes
Did you get another email regarding the Study School warning about tonight's deadline? I got one and just want to make sure it's not because I've applied incorrectly...

Yep I just checked and I got one, don't worry!
I haven't got whatever we need to sign through the post yet though, which it says is essential to return.
I'll give it til next week and enquire I think.
Yep I just checked and I got one, don't worry!
I haven't got whatever we need to sign through the post yet though, which it says is essential to return.
I'll give it til next week and enquire I think.

I've printed, signed, and sent off the Code of Behaviour. Haven't received whatever the other thing is though.
Reply 1836
Original post by DJMayes
I've printed, signed, and sent off the Code of Behaviour. Haven't received whatever the other thing is though.

Ah, i must've misread it.
I interpreted it on the online form as saying I'll get something in the post that i need to sign and send back. I'll send mine asap then, oops
Original post by sickoftheslaughter
I won't as I'm at St Maz so you're probably way more likely to judge me! Wow sounds like a really interesting course, Catz and HSPS for me :smile:

Ah my sister's at Maz in year 9 and loads of my good friends are/were there (quite a lot now at Perse Boys). I might know you/of you! I won't say anything horrible just yet, but wait till we're (hopefully) across the road from each other next year...
Original post by DJMayes

I will also be on the STEP course in Easter. Rather excited about it personally, hope they give us enough questions to survive the week! :tongue:
Reply 1839
Original post by Snowdog94
I will also be on the STEP course in Easter. Rather excited about it personally, hope they give us enough questions to survive the week! :tongue:

That makes 5 of us!

Latest

Trending

Trending